Hasbro's Power Rangers Movie Franchise.

Another terrible loss, shocked. Incredibly sad. RIP Jason.

Yeah, not sure I'm gonna have it in me to watch Amy Jo Johnson's video at the moment. I'm still ate up over Kevin Conroy, but watching her talk about JDF among all the other veteran Rangers actors isn't something I think I'm ready for yet.

Totally understandable @NotNickFury . It wasnt until I saw her video that his passing actually really hit me and i just couldnt help but feel her pain and choke up.

I remember thinking they had beef for some reason. I think an old video made it seem that way. But it’s nice as a fan to know that wasn't the case.

Ah, I think I know the one you're talking about. The behind the scenes one where David looked annoyed with JDF? I think that was down to the fact that JDF was known as the prankster and joker on-set often winding everyone else up for a laugh.

But yeah it's on YouTube where JDF said that David was the one he hung out most with on set. JDF also did a vlog around Christmas a couple of years ago where David came to visit and stay with him and his family as David was helping him out with some charity work or something, I think.

Rocky??

giphy.gif

Yeah even though I get why Austin couldn be a part of it...i just dont feel that excited to see Zack and Billy with Kat and Rocky. Seeing Austin, Amy, Walter and David together for the first time since 1995 would have been truly special.

Well, when Austin St John steals covid funds from the government, and they find out, can't exactly get him out to New Zealand to film.
Damn!
Yeah even though I get why Austin couldn be a part of it...I

Zack and Billy with Kat and Rocky..
Shouldn't Aisha and Adam be part of this 2nd clique.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think if there was ever a time to do a proper MMPR reunion it would have been years ago. David Yost was working on a script for a special reunion movie that supposedly all the cast members were down for. But now, with JDF gone and Amy Jo seemingly disinterested in Power Rangers and Austin in legal trouble...the time has sadly passed for ever seeing these OGs together.

Looks even worse than I imagined it would. Shame.

Looks incredibly awkward. Sad and sucks, but I guess that's to be expected when Rocky is the Red Ranger :o

Unfortunately I think if there was ever a time to do a proper MMPR reunion it would have been years ago. David Yost was working on a script for a special reunion movie that supposedly all the cast members were down for. But now, with JDF gone and Amy Jo seemingly disinterested in Power Rangers and Austin in legal trouble...the time has sadly passed for ever seeing these OGs together.

Amy isn't disinterested. She couldn't come to financial terms.

I for one am excited by the trailer. At the end of the day it is PR and this is the best we'll have gotten in a decade

I mean it looks like the old show. What were people expecting?

I think Power Rangers is one of those things where people tend to forget that as enjoyable as it was, the show was pretty bad. Space was probably the first time the narrative was actually somewhat compelling.

I think Power Rangers is one of those things where people tend to forget that as enjoyable as it was, the show was pretty bad. Space was probably the first time the narrative was actually somewhat compelling.
Whenever I've tried to revisit old MMPR episodes on Netflix I get bored fast but for whatever reason, I still find MMPR: The Movie to be very entertaining as far as bad movies go.

The 1996 PR movie was very entertaining indeed...
I have seen it for the first time a couple years ago...it was a good hybrid of zyuranger-dairanger-kakuranger.

The 1996 PR movie was very entertaining indeed...
I have seen it for the first time a couple years ago...it was a good hybrid of zyuranger-dairanger-kakuranger.
Sadly the 96 CG Zords, Megazord transform and fight don't hold up, in trying to be slick they betrayed the look of the franchise.
Would love to see a Saban style re-edit using the actual Sentai footage with toyish Zords and costumed Megazords in all their wonderful hokeyness.
7hru2z.gif

7hrryx.gif

7hrrsj.gif

VS.
7hrsaj.gif

7hrqze.gif

7hrr6x.gif

Last edited:
Yeah even as a kid I thought the Zords looked weird in the movie.

Decided to rewatch the reboot film...the first 3 mins are great. What comes after.....not to so much. Still hate what they did to all the characters with the doom and gloom.

Decided to rewatch the reboot film...the first 3 mins are great. What comes after.....not to so much. Still hate what they did to all the characters with the doom and gloom.

Between this and what you’ve posted in the Superman and Lois thread, I’m getting the sense you don’t really care too much for teen drama in movies and TV. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"