Have you ever pushed your beliefs on someone?

ElectroFlare

Mightiest Mortal
Reaction score
I try not to, as it is a pet peeve of mine when people try to convert me to their religon or other such beliefs of that kind. However, I realize that at some points I might have without thinking about it. I pick a subconcious yes. What about you guys?

As a Christian, I'm not to force anything on anyone. All I'm to do is share. We are not called to do the saving, I wish the crazed fanatics that give us a bad name would realize that.

People who enjoyed Spider-man 3 do need to be pushed a little. :o

i push my beliefs on people, but only when their beliefs are stupid...

JAL pushes his beliefs on people.

"ALBA is HOT, DAMMIT!!!" :cmad:

Yes, but on facetious thing.

I did have a friend who constantly pushed his religious beliefs on me to the point where it literally almost drove me to a pyschological breakdown.

I did both, and we were satisfied.:up:

no. i hate it. each to their own, i say. you can express your opinion without trying to convert someone.

no. i hate it. each to their own, i say. you can express your opinion without trying to convert someone.

Ah, to find the one who can express without enforcing. Its so delicate to do. Sometimes even when someone is simply expressing, the reciever thinks that the opnions are being forced. It's hard to have an intelligent debate sometimes.

Downtown Athens is crawling with people, because of the Georgia - Auburn game, obviously.

Anyhow, I left early, because I really didn't feel like staying out late. The festivities start early tomorrow, and I want to get some sleep. As I left my usual hangout, I noticed a guy on the corner screaming, yes, screaming "Jesus is coming back; are you going to heaven or hell?"

As a Christian, I thought, "does this really help?" And, furthermore, "did Jesus do the same?"

I try to imagine Christ standing on a busy corner in Jerusalem screaming at the people, informing them that "the wages of sin is death." Alas, I can not!

Most Christians have fallen off the path. Fire said it best, in his previous post.

Because of these fanatics, the Christian church has become a joke, and to some, a cult.

I use to "push my beliefs upon others;" but as of late, I feel the best way is to do as Jesus did.

Nice thread, and a very important question. However, sadly, this will never end.

When atheists express they don't believe in God, are they attempting to force the rest of us not to do it, or are they just letting us know?

i have once...(im christian)
But i try to avoid doing stupid stuff like that now

Downtown Athens is crawling with people, because of the Georgia - Auburn game, obviously.

Anyhow, I left early, because I really didn't feel like staying out late. The festivities start early tomorrow, and I want to get some sleep. As I left my usual hangout, I noticed a guy on the corner screaming, yes, screaming "Jesus is coming back; are you going to heaven or hell?"

As a Christian, I thought, "does this really help?" And, furthermore, "did Jesus do the same?"

I try to imagine Christ standing on a busy corner in Jerusalem screaming at the people, informing them that "the wages of sin is death." Alas, I can not!

Most Christians have fallen off the path. Fire said it best, in his previous post.

Because of these fanatics, the Christian church has become a joke, and to some, a cult.

I use to "push my beliefs upon others;" but as of late, I feel the best way is to do as Jesus did.

Nice thread, and a very important question. However, sadly, this will never end.
You shouldnt let that bother you.Im an Atheist and Im convinced there is that "Silent Majority" that Nixon spoke of.Just good regular Christians who you dont hear from because they arent protesting funerals.Its the fundamentalists who are in the minority

When atheists express they don't believe in God, are they attempting to force the rest of us not to do it, or are they just letting us know?
Depends on how they express their non-belief (I would call it belief, but that would piss them off). If they start trying to give you "evidence" against God existance, then they're pushing their belief.

Ah, to find the one who can express without enforcing. Its so delicate to do. Sometimes even when someone is simply expressing, the reciever thinks that the opnions are being forced. It's hard to have an intelligent debate sometimes.

I try not to, but as this quote above me says. I am pretty passionate, so it can come off as I am trying to change their minds. When in reality I am just expressing my point of view.

I don't. At least I don't think I do. I do like talking with open minded people though. Hear about their personal beliefs, tell them mine. Heck if I like something I adapt it and make it my own (be it a religion/sprititual thing, culture...almost anything). I like to be my own person.

My chiropractor admits to being a Jesus freak...but he's really cool about it. Not pushy or anything. He's seen the pentagram I wear and he is respectfull of me and I of him...which is the way it should be. I like hearing his stories of this and that and why...it's discussion not a debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"