Agent Carter Hayley Atwell IS Agent Peggy Carter

fixxxer

...goes to 11
Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to have a specific thread to discuss both Hayley Atwell the actress and Peggy Carter the character.

Let me get the ball rolling. I thought she did a wonderful job in CA:TFA, CA:TWS as well as the Agent Carter One-Shot, but I don't think I've seen her in any role outside of the MCU. Suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Have at it, ladies and gents.

It'll be interesting to see her meet her future husband.I'm not sure how far they are willing to go,(and I doubt it'll be very far)but I think it'd be cool seeing her balancing raising a family while being a major player in early SHIELD.

The only reason why I'm even considering checking out the pilot is because of Hayley Atwell.

Adorable, Seriously Hayley is a brilliant actress and congrats on getting cast as iconic character Agent Peggy Carter, she brings new life to the character beyond that of the comics.

I'm glad that Peggy is the one MCU love interest so far to breakout of that love interest mold and become her own hero. I never would have predicted this back when the role was being cast and people like Keira Knightley and Emily Blunt were up for what I thought was a thankless one-shot role, but she's definitely the one who deserved this most. And I don't think we would be getting this series if either of those two (also awesome) ladies had taken the role, so this was clearly meant to be. Atwell just rocks it.

Last edited:
I'm glad that Peggy is the one MCU love interest so far to breakout of that love interest mold and become her own hero. I never would have predicted this back when the role was being cast and people like Keira Knightley and Emily Blunt were up for what I thought was a thankless one-shot role, but she's definitely the one who deserved this most. And I don't think we would be getting this series if either of those two (also awesome) ladies had taken the role, so this was clearly meant to be. Atwell just rocks it.
You know, I don't think anyone before TFA would have predicted that Marvel's first female-led franchise would be a post-WWII period crime & espionage TV drama focused on Agent Carter & the SSR -- beating out the more popular heroes like Black Widow, Captain Marvel, or Spider Woman.

Shared by Hayley Atwell in her twitter...

Steve & Peggy play charades

tumblr_ni2yh0ZYeS1syr8vto1_1280.jpg

:woot:

She's amazing on this show.

That accent... Good Lord, that accent. I've always had a thing for English accents, but hers is like the eighth wonder of the world.

Atwell is easily the best lead actor/actress of the superhero shows on television right now. It is really noticeable.

Atwell is easily the best lead actor/actress of the superhero shows on television right now. It is really noticeable.

I was thinking the same thing. It truly is noticeable. I'd say she's best lead on any Superhero TV show ever and it's not even close. It's insane that she hasn't become a bigger movie star.

I love everything about this woman. From her accent to her looks, everything is perfect. I must marry her! :D

I was thinking the same thing. It truly is noticeable. I'd say she's best lead on any Superhero TV show ever and it's not even close. It's insane that she hasn't become a bigger movie star.

This. :up:

I'd also go a step further and say she's the best female in the MCU (no disrespect to ScarJo who is phenomenal in her own right).

Oh, I agree. Scarlett Johansson is always fantastic to watch but there's something magnetic about Atwell...giving her this show was most definitely the right choice. I was a little worried at first but she strongly leads the series.

Hell, we need more female-led MCU productions, be it film or TV. Hayley has proven that now more than ever we need more female heroes in live action form.

Oh, I agree. Scarlett Johansson is always fantastic to watch but there's something magnetic about Atwell...giving her this show was most definitely the right choice. I was a little worried at first but she strongly leads the series.

Hell, we need more female-led MCU productions, be it film or TV. Hayley has proven that now more than ever we need more female heroes in live action form.

I definitely agree.

For Haley fans -

On my cable's ON DEMAND system, I just watched Haley in BBC's RESTLESS. It's a story that jumps back and forth between the 1970's and 1939-1941. Actress Charlotte Rampling begins to tell her story of being a British spy at the beginning of WWII to her daughter...and in the flashbacks to that time Haley plays her. It's a good movie and it's great to see her in the same general period as her Agent Carter series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"