The Winter Soldier Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I keep wondering if Peggy Carter is actually Tony Stark's mother??? The Iron Man 3 mini movie and the first Captain America movie lead me to note Howard Stark definitely has a serious interest in her. Hayley Atwell was a great choice for her part. She is attractive in a normal way, not that she's got her own look with the funny eyes, quirkey nose, rail thin stupid stuff that Hollywood has been absorbed with in the past decade when they choose actresses.
I really doubt she is, just due to the fact they showed Tony's mom, Maria, in the World Expo film that his dad was filming. Plus, there was a newspaper clipping showing both of Tony's parents. I think that Peggy will end up being the biggest surprise for viewers instead of Bucky/WS, which I think is Marvel's intention.

I really doubt she is, just due to the fact they showed Tony's mom, Maria, in the World Expo film that his dad was filming. Plus, there was a newspaper clipping showing both of Tony's parents. I think that Peggy will end up being the biggest surprise for viewers instead of Bucky/WS, which I think is Marvel's intention.

Pretty much the biggest piece of evidence Peggy can't be Tony's mom is where the hell she is in the Iron Man movies?

Not to mention, Tony was born in the early seventies, when Peggy would have been in her fifties.

Yeah. I can't really see Peggy being Tony's mom. The timeline just doesn't work.

Howard & Maria Stark died together in an accident when Tony was young. Peggy is still alive. So even without the chronological problems, Peggy could not be Tony's mother.

Anyone else kind of now hoping, now that we've had a taste of tone and feel of the movie, that Steve goes to visit Peggy and she gives a little bit of the background of the Winter Soldier and how SHIELD has been trying to track him over past century? Like, maybe after Fury's accident, Steve realizes she's the only one who can maybe confirm who WS is, and what his history is… she'd be the only one besides BW that he can trust.

I mean, I'd love for them to have an emotional reunion, but I am also desperately wanting Peggy's appearance to be integral to story momentum here.

Plus, just anything to make sure Peggy stays relevant and useful to the franchise. I don't really want her to end up being senile the way she was in canon. I want her to sort of me a retired M type figure.

^I hope for that too.

As for Howard and Peggy, while she might not be Tony's mother, who knows maybe she and Howard had a thing. Hey, if they end up pairing Cap/BW, I wouldn't mind WS/Peggy in the early days (although there might be some plotholes with that)

Well, maybe she's the mother or grandmother of Coulsen. :p Perhaps that's why he worships Captain America so much, he's got some history with the dude!

^I hope for that too.

As for Howard and Peggy, while she might not be Tony's mother, who knows maybe she and Howard had a thing. Hey, if they end up pairing Cap/BW, I wouldn't mind WS/Peggy in the early days (although there might be some plotholes with that)

Plotholes like a high-ranking intelligence agent getting involved with a remorseless assassin who attacks the interests of the entities she works for?

As for who Peggy ends up with, I don't see what her and Howard being involved serves. Comics Peggy was involved with Gabe Jones, and that's been hinted at in the movies before.

Plotholes like a high-ranking intelligence agent getting involved with a remorseless assassin who attacks the interests of the entities she works for?

As for who Peggy ends up with, I don't see what her and Howard being involved serves. Comics Peggy was involved with Gabe Jones, and that's been hinted at in the movies before.

Of course, there are no signs right now of Gabe Jones or any of the Howling Commandos in Cap 2.

Of course, there are no signs right now of Gabe Jones or any of the Howling Commandos in Cap 2.

Correct, but its already been implied that all the howlers are dead. Gabe could be only mentioned by Peggy.

Well, maybe she's the mother or grandmother of Coulsen. :p Perhaps that's why he worships Captain America so much, he's got some history with the dude!

Must've been awful for Phil's dad, then, to see his son so enamored with his wife's ex-boyfriend.

Happened all the time on Alias, IIRC... :oldrazz:

Peggy should be revealed to have eventually gotten married and had children. It's only fair. Freezing her and reviving her would be a dealbreaker.

Awesome! I hope this captures the tone of the Cap movies and the one-shot. Get those writers working on Agent Carter.

I hope this airs on Netflix instead of ABC. If they pair it up with Agents of Shield on ABC I'm nervous that they will try to have it match AoS's tone, or even give AoS creative team the job of overseeing Agent Carter.

Interesting. Have a feeling it'll be a Netflix exclusive, like the other new Marvel shows. Not sure a period-era major network show works, especially with ABC's history with them.

Yeah, I think a Netflix exclusive would work better than an ABC show. That way, they won't felt pressured by the Nielsen rating to do things creatively that is not consistent with their vision of the show.

Let's not jump the gun just yet. The source is a British tabloid and I haven't seen this news confirmed on ANY reputable sites yet. I hope that it's true, but let's wait and see.

Yeah, I'm still skeptic Marvel would have two SHIELD shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"