The Winter Soldier Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

The Agent Carter short was amazingly good. The writing was spot-on and the acting and action were terrific. The moment where Peggy looked at [BLACKOUT]her framed photo of Skinny!Steve[/BLACKOUT] broke me up just like I thought it would. The film could also provide a tie-in to the plot of CATWS that isn't immediately obvious.

As the first director of SHIELD, Peggy would be privy to a lot of classified information that could be essential to Steve's current situation. Perhaps she encountered HYDRA and or the Winter Soldier in the postwar era. Or maybe that Zodiac vial held the whatever Zola used to experiment on Bucky back in TFS.

Whatever happens, the Agent Carter script set things up for future adventures for Peggy as she heads up SHIELD and gets the fledgling spy organization off the ground. Peggy is a great parallel to the pioneering females who worked for organizations like the OSS. Louis D'Esposito has left the door open for further adventures of Peggy and her SHIELD comrades. Maybe there will be more One Shots or even a prequel TV show. (Well, I can hope.)

I'd like to see the case made in TWS that Agent [BLACKOUT]Director[/BLACKOUT] Carter was the one who taught Widow all her moves.

Did Peggy's bio in the Avengers deleted scene mention she was [BLACKOUT]Director[/BLACKOUT] at any point?

Anyone else feel like this short just made the relationship between Peggy and Steve even more tragic than it already is?lol

I mean it was already bad enough when it actually happened in TFA, but now we got to see a glimpse as to how Peggy was carrying on with her life after Steve's supposed death (from her POV) and dang, even though it's unrealistic and never within the realm of possibility, I kept thinking it would have been epic in a happy way,lol, to see Steve turn up and visit Peggy at her office just to see her reaction.

I loved Agent Carter and was VERY intrigued by the development regarding her backstory with [blackout]SHIELD.[/blackout]

Now her involvement in TWS makes total sense, and not just for "closure" with Steve, but for actual story purposes. As others have mentioned, she would probably have still been involved with SHIELD when the Winter Soldier first emerged and will likely be able to provide some valuable intel to the team. And I think that would just be awesome.

SO HAPPY about this development. :up:

Also...
[BLACKOUT]They really need to include Peggy and Howard in a throwback episode of Agents of SHIELD[/BLACKOUT]
Yes please!

That one Shot was truly awesome. I think a SHIELD throwback episode on Agents of SHIELD featuring Peggy, Howard and the Howling Commandos would be awesome.

Also, this short is the new standard for Marvel One Shots. Quality should not dip from this. I love me some Coulson but his shots had longer credit sequences than actual film time. No more of that.

This one shot was awesome and def stepped it up for future one shots.

T"Challa;26686205 said:
That one Shot was truly awesome. I think a SHIELD throwback episode on Agents of SHIELD featuring Peggy, Howard and the Howling Commandos would be awesome.

Also, this short is the new standard for Marvel One Shots. Quality should not dip from this. I love me some Coulson but his shots had longer credit sequences than actual film time. No more of that.
I've always taken the ones with Coulson as Marvel testing the waters to see the response they got for future ones and to make Coulson a more visible part of the MCU heading into The Avengers. With Item 47 and now Agent Carter, Marvel really has no choice now but to keep up with the length and depth they cover in the One Shots. Makes me really interested in what they do for the Thor Blu-ray/DVD release.

The only One Shots I really like are A funny thing that happened.... and Agent Carter.

I'd like to see the case made in TWS that Agent [BLACKOUT]Director[/BLACKOUT] Carter was the one who taught Widow all her moves.

I'm a lot more interested in Peggy's working relationship with Nick Fury. In Iron Man 2, Fury told Tony that Howard Stark was one of SHIELD's founders and that he personally knew the elder Stark better than Tony did. It's extremely probable that Fury worked with Peggy, too, since she was the very first [BLACKOUT]Director[/BLACKOUT]. Add to that what Samuel L. Jackson said about Fury relating to Steve as a fellow soldier from the same era and there are very intriguing possibilities for connections between all of these characters that would be terrific to explore in depth.

I'm a lot more interested in Peggy's working relationship with Nick Fury. In Iron Man 2, Fury told Tony that Howard Stark was one of SHIELD's founders and that he personally knew the elder Stark better than Tony did. It's extremely probable that Fury worked with Peggy, too, since she was the very first [BLACKOUT]Director[/BLACKOUT]. Add to that what Samuel L. Jackson said about Fury relating to Steve as a fellow soldier from the same era and there are very intriguing possibilities for connections between all of these characters that would be terrific to explore in depth.

I would think that if anyone in SHIELD would have some form of great respect for Captain America, it would be Nick Fury, especially with what he may have been told about his character from the likes of Howard and Peggy, who are probably the only two people in SHIELD that knew Steve the best during the period that they were a part of that organization.

Btw, does anyone know if it’s been hinted that Peggy was able to move on with her life, romantically wise, after Steve was presumed dead and had a family for herself? Or was it the case of true tragic romance where she remained single until the end of her days?

I have a feeling that one of reasons Steve goes to see Elder Peggy is that Fury arranges for it because she may have some information or feels it's right to let Steve meet her for the first time in the modern world.

Just watched the One Shot, it was pretty good

But there was no [BLACKOUT]fondue-ing[/BLACKOUT] :csad: :woot:

Also, one moment reminded me a lot of [BLACKOUT]Tony Stark surprsingly promoting Pepper to the CEO position - in the One Shot, Howard promotes Peggy[/BLACKOUT] :wow:

Last edited:
I finished viewing the One Shot and have to say, I enjoyed every moment of it.

Just watched that one shot from my IM3 blu-ray. Oh man. I didn't exactly love the first CA, but this little thing was great and now I'm actually looking forward to see Winter soldier a little bit.

Someone remind me what that vial (Zodiac?) she got was supposed to contain?

Just watched that one shot from my IM3 blu-ray. Oh man. I didn't exactly love the first CA, but this little thing was great and now I'm actually looking forward to see Winter soldier a little bit.

Someone remind me what that vial (Zodiac?) she got was supposed to contain?
How do you already have the IM3 Blu-ray? It's not out until the end of September.

How do you already have the IM3 Blu-ray? It's not out until the end of September.

What, you guys get it so late? Here in nordic countries it came out today. Very weird. I would've thought we get it last.

Figures that Marvel releases home video early for the foreign markets now, just like they have been with initial releases into theaters. Earliest we can get it is September 3rd as a digital download.

The digital download probably won't include any of the extras, so it's not worth it. :cmad:

Agent Carter Was ....Outstanding! Peggy was a one woman powerhouse.

Good for Peggy, she should get more to do. It does depress me that she can get her own solo stories, but BW, a FOUNDING Avenger in the MCU, has to play second fiddle to male characters, but still, I'm happy for Peggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"