HBO Go App

HBKfan28

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone here have the HBO Go app? Just downloaded it, and it is painfully slow, stopping to load all the time. It's like Dial Up internet...but possibly worse. Is it always this bad?

And no, its not my internet, which works great. I never have problems watching anything on my computer, including with HBO Go. This Xbox app seems terrible though...it works better on a Kindle Fire.

Its not a huge deal, I can watch on my comp, just wanted to use the bigger TV. Oh well.

No, I've never had that problem

Nor have I... This app BETTER be on the One and or PS4 before GoT...

Hmm. I watched Game of Thrones on my laptop using HBO Go yesterday and it didn't lag once and was crystal clear. Guess I can try it again on the Xbox to see.

The only time I've ever had a problem with the HBO GO app was with the Season 3 Premiere of Game of Thrones, which I believe was put on HBO Go at the exact same time as it was airing live on tv. At the time, we only had SD receivers, so our only way of watching it in HD was on the app.

But, it wouldn't even load. I think Microsoft had to make a statement on twitter or something about how Game of Thrones had broken the app with all the people watching it on the app at the same exact time or something. I think I wound up waiting about two hours or something before I could stream it without issue.

That was the only time I've ever really had any issues with the app being slow, or not loading.

The only reason I have yet to get rid of my 360 is because of HBO GO. The ONE desperately needs it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"