Max Series

I can see Gordon being a fixture.

IF Batman shows up, I can imagine shadowy imagery, newspapers clippings, newscasts, maybe even security cams. But if they actually wanna show Pattinson in the role in the show, that’s like last 3m of the finale stuff. Lol
Yeah, I imagine they get away with a stunt performer wearing the suit for all the Batman material. If this series is from the POV of the police department and (likely) the criminals, Bats isn’t going to be standing in one place long enough for us to see who it is under the mask.

We all missed something from Reeves’ DC Fandome description of Gotham P.D. That it’s a crooked cop who has been a cop through generations. So he’s 100 percent confirmed to be a older gentleman NOT Barry Keoghan. Bullock is now a bigger possibility.

Yeah, I imagine they get away with a stunt performer wearing the suit for all the Batman material. If this series is from the POV of the police department and (likely) the criminals, Bats isn’t going to be standing in one place long enough for us to see who it is under the mask.

Conceivably you might need Pattinson's voice once or twice, but I am specifically imagining the famous "Batman confronts Gordon for the first time in his office" scene from Year One. IOW, exactly the kind of scene where you don't need the actor actually playing the character present ( because you have brief shadowy glances, and voice seemingly coming from nowhere, but not both clear at the same time ).

Is there a date for when this comes out? Currently with the film or sometime after?

Definitely after because shooting hasn’t started. I’d imagine they’d be on set late 2021 or early 2022. Probably a late 2022 or early 2023 release.

Yeah, I’d certainly guess after. Maybe a Summer/Fall ‘22 release if they actually film and finish this year, which isn’t extremely likely. Or they could try and do it around late March for the anniversary of the film.

I'm thinking they're probably going reuse the film's Gotham precinct sets, although that would mean shooting in England, no? Or maybe they'll just rebuild them.

Give me some news! Character break downs! Something!

I imagine a lot of it will be done in the Mandalorian Volume. They probably saved a version of Gotham's visuals/mix of cities into something that can be uploaded directly into that for repeated use. That's my guess anyway

They should definitely be using the Unreal Engine tech for this, GL, JLD. Everything really, when it’s necessary. It’s some top notch tech.

What I’m curious about is how much of the series has already been written. HBO Max gave this a series order back in July, so that’s quite a while for Winter to have been in the mix. But if he and Reeves didn’t see eye to eye on this, maybe they didn’t get too far.

Anyone think Barton may have took over where Winter left off? Or do we think he’s starting fresh?

Also, I’m on ep 6/8 of Giri/Haji and it is realllly good so far. There are some odd character choices and tropes, but nothing egregious. Sprawling plot, emotional, and thematically strong with dry, sardonic, humor. The characters are really good too: flawed, engaging, etc.

Last edited:
We all missed something from Reeves’ DC Fandome description of Gotham P.D. That it’s a crooked cop who has been a cop through generations. So he’s 100 percent confirmed to be a older gentleman NOT Barry Keoghan. Bullock is now a bigger possibility.
I personally think that there are two ways to read that line. He sounded like he was meaning to segue into ~"and the corruption in Gotham has gone on for generations" and just did so awkwardly. I really can't tell either way for sure

Kind of curious to know the timeline between the two projects and how doing one project with Reeves and one with JJ correlate. Those two being longtime pals, I wonder how much the second job was based on having a good experience with Barton on the first.

I’m wondering if any of the characters from the Gotham Central comic will be on this show?

Wouldn’t be surprised.

Matt Reeves' The Batman Will Cross Over With HBO Max's Gotham - Here's How
When asked by The Wrap if characters from the film could show up in the series, Bloys said, "Matt Reeves is obviously a producer on 'Gotham City PD.' We don’t want to reserve characters just for films or for TV. There should be kind of some fluidity between them. So that is the idea. I mean, we’re in very early stages on that. So I don’t want to suggest that any one character will be. But yes, that is, generally speaking, that is the idea, that there will be crossover."

“Gotham City P.D” would be my guess. Just calling it GCPD isn’t a good idea for marketing. And I doubt they’ll call it Gotham City Central after a specific comic.

I'm curious about the title, because I gather they'd want to distance themselves from the Gotham show.

I'm curious about the title, because I gather they'd want to distance themselves from the Gotham show.
Well, I mean, in the sense that it probably won’t be titled “Gotham,” then yeah...

That's why I'm curious. I want to see how much they'll try to differentiate it from the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"