Max Series

What did the original tweet say? It's deleted now.

I'm paraphrasing but it's some guy suggesting that the show will be copaganda, and that even though it's about corrupt cops there will always be "good cops" to save the day in the end, "like in other cop shows".

I'm paraphrasing but it's some guy suggesting that the show will be copaganda, and that even though it's about corrupt cops there will always be "good cops" to save the day in the end, "like in other cop shows".

Those kind of claims always make be wonder in bafflement: "So, if you think that literally every cop not only is evil, but couldn't possibly be anything but. . . who *do* you want to enforce the law?"

Which usually leads to either evasive BS, outrage that I dared to solve the equation that they wrote up on the metaphorical blackboard, or flat out Rousseau style suicidal naivete.

I wonder if this is GCPD, and they simply got their wires crossed referring to it as a ''Netflix'' series. Or perhaps they have bought the international rights?

1.) New Netflix DC Series being filmed at Sandbanks, Dorset.

2.) Is Netflix filming a Batman spin-off series in Sandbanks?

I’d be surprised if they were filming already, what with no casting/creative personnel announcements having been made.

The Netflix of it all just makes me wonder if maybe there are The Batman crew members working on Sandman. Then again, that’s another project that started rolling film without any casting announcements, so who the hell knows...

Gotham Central's Co-Creator Told The Batman Spinoff Series On HBO Max Is Not Gotham Central

but then they announced this new one, where I was like, 'maybe they are going to make Gotham Central now.' And Rucka's getting everything -- The Old Guard, and he's got this Gal Gadot movie, and Stumptown was a hit until COVID happened. So I was like 'maybe they're really going to make Gotham Central this time,' and so I reached out to a producer who works for Matt Reeves and he says, 'no, that's not really Gotham Central. They're making sure that they don't call it Gotham Central and it's more of a spinoff from the movie. It's like the James Gordon show."

"I didn't even think about it when I was like, 'Is this Gotham Central?' and it's like, no, it's Gotham Central but with different, made-up characters from the movies, so I was like 'It's Gotham Central but with characters that Matt Reeves created instead,'"

The James Gordon show?

40dddd1530f139e8d617d76f58d4164b.gif

I assumed that was the situation from the beginning, but yeah, Wright leading this would be fantastic.

I trust it will be much better and different enough but I still would have preferred something radically dissimilar. I'm down for a new Gordon show, but a Gotham Central would be nicer.

I do hope he's not necessarily the main protagonist, at minimum. This show seems interesting to me because it potentially gives a POV of what it's like for most people in Gotham. Rather than just Batman and his friends

I think we'll follow a handful of cops, Gordon likely being one of them. Super interested in the casting for this. They tapped a couple talented HBO series actors for the film. I can see it continuing.

I really hope these series are not created to fix plot holes or uncomplete screenplays (like Disney did with SW Ep IX: a miserable script with a lot of things unexplaneid, with the promise that "You'll know more about it when you'll watch that series or read that comic!") but to enrich the universe with plotlines that may be connected with movies but not essential to the plots of them. They have to be real spin offs and I hope the movies will have full sense taken alone, like it was - to stay on SW - for Clone Wars.

In short: I hope the "Disney strategy" is not intended as the narrative pov about what they did with Marvel too...

I just hope Grieg Fraser works on this, at least to get things started. I want visual consistency.
His style has become easily on is my favorites in recent years. Rogue One really started my love for it, and then Mando and now Batman.

I’m chomping at the bit to know who they’re looking at to direct these episodes. Ideally Reeves gets it started off, but I doubt he does the entire season.

Considering the remarks Reeves has made during FanDome and in the Catwoman clip today about the villain origin stories playing out during Batman’s Year Two, I’m curious to see if any rogues show up in any form during the series or if it’s just mob stuff.

I could see someone like Anarky being a good fit considering the general feeling toward police at the moment. Or Hugo Strange, since 1) he comes fully-formed without even having to evolve into a villainous alter ego and 2) he’s Batman’s oldest recurring villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"