Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Instead all their stuff goes to the service still struggling to keep up with 1080p most days.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Peacemaker given how much I disliked the character by the end of The Suicide Squad.

I love these "watched by" as if any of us actually understand if the number is bad or good like box office lol
Well, you can compare them with other projects.
Also Boba Fett generated poor numbers.

I think that's terrible. 638K/4-day while Hawkeye had 1.5M/5-day and that was very dissapointing and 40% behind Loki.
But was anyone really expecting the same numbers as any of the MCU shows for Peacemaker? Especially with how The Suicide Squad tanked at the box office.

But was anyone really expecting the same numbers as any of the MCU shows for Peacemaker? Especially with how The Suicide Squad tanked at the box office.
Yeah, this probably confirms most people don't care about 'Gunnverse' and I have no idea why anyone at MAX thinks that Black Canary movie/series a good idea because BoP was another box office failure.

I feel WB DC shows are where it is because they farmed out too many shows to other networks for decades. Maybe if they started out with Justice League Dark or Green Lantern Corps, there'd be more buzz. But I just feel they are spread way too thin by having competing shows.

Hopefully 2022 is the year they can finally get things together with their slate of releases. I generally don’t care for Comic book movies or shows anymore but it would be nice if Marvel didn’t literally dominate every media discussion.

Its also astonishing that the GL show has not been able to get into production at all within 2 years.

Hopefully 2022 is the year they can finally get things together with their slate of releases. I generally don’t care for Comic book movies or shows anymore but it would be nice if Marvel didn’t literally dominate every media discussion.

Its also astonishing that the GL show has not been able to get into production at all within 2 years.
Im not surprised. It's such a massive undertaking to do on TV. I can see them running into a lot of issues and other types of hold ups

Last edited:
I think that's terrible. 638K/4-day while Hawkeye had 1.5M/5-day and that was very dissapointing and 40% behind Loki.

That's good for HBO-Max. Gossip Girl was their largest premiere at like 525/4-day views at the time.

HBO and HBO Max still have a lot of work to do to merge them together and get them in more households.

WB are just so slow. Green Lantern and that Gotham Central/Man Who Laughs series didn't start filming yet and it's obvious they won't for another 2-3 months at least while Marvel will premiere another 4-5 shows this year.

That's good for HBO-Max. Gossip Girl was their largest premiere at like 525/4-day views at the time.

HBO and HBO Max still have a lot of work to do to merge them together and get them in more households.
But how much money, time and people you need to make a Gossip Girl episode? Peacemaker is a follow-up to a 180M movie.

But how much money, time and people you need to make a Gossip Girl episode? Peacemaker is a follow-up to a 180M movie.

Followup to a movie doesnt matter. Its a series, it will be judged differently. They can only judge against what has already come. MCU shows are a cultural phenomenon so of course they will bring in more viewers. The DCU is not.

Sex and the City brought in 1.1 views which is to be expected with the shows legacy and how big its always been.

Regardless of HBO Max, Disney+, Netflix, we'll never know the budget vs. profit for any of these shows or movies.

Honestly, I see the next biggest tick in numbers for HBO Max come when GOT premieres. GOT kept Go and Now afloat for years.

Followup to a movie doesnt matter. Its a series, it will be judged differently. They can only judge against what has already come. MCU shows are a cultural phenomenon so of course they will bring in more viewers. The DCU is not.

Sex and the City brought in 1.1 views which is to be expected with the shows legacy and how big its always been.
Well, it depends on production budget. If one episode of Peacemaker costs between 2-4M + Gunn/Cena salary then what expectations MAX had?

I wouldn't say Hawkeye was very disappointing since its viewership was similar to that of WandaVision. And the ratings ticked up once Vincent D'Onofrio showed up.

And it makes sense that Peacemaker would trail Hawkeye. The Disney Plus show was more heavily promoted, was a spinoff of the Avengers series, and was an all ages offering.

Well, it depends on production budget. If one episode of Peacemaker costs between 2-4M + Gunn/Cena salary then what expectations MAX had?

I doubt the Peacemaker budget is all that high. Cena is the only real star, and though the cast is terrific they are low in star wattage compared to Hawkeye with Renner, Steinfeld, Pugh, Farmiga, and D'onofrio. And I don't see a lot of $s being spent on stuff other than stunt work and CGI for Eagley and the butterflies. HBO Max may be very happy with the streaming #s given the investment.

$2 million is fairly normal. Buffy was being produced on a budget close to that. Now $10million...they will expect ratings to rise but even GoT wasn't the huge hit it was in s1

WB are just so slow. Green Lantern and that Gotham Central/Man Who Laughs series didn't start filming yet and it's obvious they won't for another 2-3 months at least while Marvel will premiere another 4-5 shows this year.

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"