Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

I tried to sign in though my cable provider and was taken to HBO Go. It is or at least was my understanding based on the message that shows up in the HBO on demand section from XFinity that I would be able to access HBO Max. Also what about content from Cinemax? The one Cinemax show I did a search for didn't show up. I was excited for HBO Max but now I'm like am I just going to be paying for another service only to still have to go elsewhere to watch everything I want to watch.

It has to be a certain package on AT&T I think.

I also see Doctor Who season 12 isn't on there, but thought it was supposed to be. The other 11 are, but it's 12 that I have yet to watch :argh:

I spent last night adding things to "My List" to make it less overwhelming, but now I'm just overwhelmed by My List. :funny:
I was going through the Crunchyroll, TCM and CN stuff doing just that. :hehe:

Do we know if and when Birds of Prey might be on there?

Do we know if and when Birds of Prey might be on there?
Don't think they've set a date yet, but I'm assuming it will end up there, since the other recent DCEU movies are there.

Saaaaame. And I actually ended up watching something I’ve already seen.
Lol ditto. I have all these classics I've never seen all lined up, and yet what did I do when I woke up today? Was feeling nostalgic, so I watched The OC. I never watched it on Hulu because I have the ads-supported version, and suddenly the notion of having it available without commercials was appealing, I guess. :funny:

Don't think they've set a date yet, but I'm assuming it will end up there.
:up:

I am hoping they have the same kind of turnaround as Disney+ with the new release. Something like 4 months after the "home release".

ditto. I have all these classics I've never seen all lined up, and yet what did I do when I woke up today? Was feeling nostalgic, so I watched The OC. I never watched it on Hulu because I have the ads-only version, and suddenly the notion of having it available without commercials was appealing, I guess. :funny:
This sums up my random watching of Charmed recently on Netflix. If there was commercials, I don't think I could go on that little nostalgia trip. But without it, putting on doesn't feel like a big deal.

Now HBO Max needs to get Smallville so I can hate watch it once again. :hehe:

The message that shows up on my XFinity/HBO on demand page basically say XFinity customers can get HBO Max at no extra charge and all you have to do is song in using your XFinity credentials. That not what the message says word for word but that a paraphrased version. I just wonder if it's a case of everything isn't finalized yet or something where they can announce it but isn't available yet.

For those down under the new streaming service Binge is essentially HBO Max having a licensing agreement with them and has about 99% of their content. So if you're like me and are about 6 seasons behind GoT it's now all available.

For those down under the new streaming service Binge is essentially HBO Max having a licensing agreement with them and has about 99% of their content. So if you're like me and are about 6 seasons behind GoT it's now all available.
Does it have the new HBO Max content? Like Love Life or the Elmo show?

Does it have the new HBO Max content? Like Love Life or the Elmo show?

I haven't had the chance to have a proper look at it all, but my understanding is the agreement is more or less everything that is on the service now, and everything that is going to be release on HBO Max is extremely likely to be released simultaneously.

I haven't had the chance to have a proper look at it all, but my understanding is the agreement is more or less everything that is on the service now, and everything that is going to be release on HBO Max is extremely likely to be released simultaneously.
Thanks jmc. :up:

It seems in most places the HBO Max "exclusive" content will be available one way or another. Which to me is the most important part.

I tried to sign in though my cable provider and was taken to HBO Go. It is or at least was my understanding based on the message that shows up in the HBO on demand section from XFinity that I would be able to access HBO Max. Also what about content from Cinemax? The one Cinemax show I did a search for didn't show up. I was excited for HBO Max but now I'm like am I just going to be paying for another service only to still have to go elsewhere to watch everything I want to watch.

I’m on Xfinity as well and what I did was download the HBO Max app and then I signed up using my Xfinity details. I was able to get in fine through my phone and iPad (via the app). I can’t find the HBO Max app in my Xfinity OnDemand TV page though so I haven’t figured out yet how to watch anything on my TV.

For years we've had to deal with HBO content either being split up, difficult to find, or in some cases never being seen at all. Things like the Wire and Deadwood I had to blindly purchase on DVD going only off what I read online. Don't regret either luckily, lol.

I've been meaning to get around to watching more Studio Ghibli films, my friends used to recommend them to me all the time but I never actually sat down and watched them, only one I've seen was Spirited Away and that was a very long time ago, this is a perfect opportunity to dig in.

And yes, the TCM selection is fantastic.

Kind of bummed that BvS and LotR/Hobbit are the theatrical editions, the extended cuts are the superior versions of those films.

Last edited:
The LOTR extended cuts are more for fans and collectors IMO. I can see why they would be absent.

I've been meaning to get around to watching more Studio Ghibli films, my friends used to recommend them to me all the time but I never actually sat down and watched them, only one I've seen was Spirited Away and that was a very long time ago, this is a perfect opportunity to dig in.

And yes, the TCM selection is fantastic.

Kind of bummed that BvS and LotR/Hobbit are the theatrical editions, the extended cuts are the superior versions of those films.
You are in for a treat! :D

They totally need to add the various versions of those films. Like they are doing with JL.

I first tried to sign in using the App on XBox and when I clicked on sign in a six digit code comes up with the instructions:

Sign in using you phone or computer.

Go to hbomax.com/tvsignin and enter this code

The code
Stay on this screen while you sign in on your phone or computer

I did that and it ask for the code, that takes me to a list of providers and I pick XFINITY and again it takes me to the HBO Go log in page.

But the one difference doing it this way was that the service provider page was completely different than when I tried to log in the first time. I figure either I'm doing something wrong or I've just happened to find a glitch. It's just activating because it's like ok I'm gonna pay for this service then oh I can sign in for free cool. Then no matter what I try I'm getting taken to HBO Go. Not to mention what I've heard about the content right now isn't a confidence builder.

For years we've had to deal with HBO content either being split up, difficult to find, or in some cases never being seen at all. Things like the Wire and Deadwood I had to blindly purchase on DVD going only off what I read online. Don't regret either luckily, lol.
This sounds like me trying to watch British programming in the 00s. It is kind of crazy how much easier a lot of stuff is to watch now. Which makes the stuff that is still difficult all the more frustrating.

I do think the service (content) is/will be great and obviously refined and expanded over time, but they need to at least get on Roku to achieve the scale they'll need to meet their profit goal of 2025. You could make the argument that it's more important for AT&T to convert their existing 35 m + HBO subs into Max customers, fair enough, that's a great base to start with, but it's the growth on top of that which will prove their thesis for why Warner Media was purchased, to drive the 150 m wireless subscribers to pick their version of 5G. That's the case being made. The strategy/execution so far has been muddled and as a result little buzz for an important launch. That should not be the case with a great library of content, especially with a $15 price tag for many.

38506186-15907696313611856_origin.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"