HBO Max

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MadVillainy C'mon Son

They'll find a way to get past the multiple logins. Whichever service does it first, everyone else will follow suit. Not sure how that'll work though

YouTube TV is basically just Hulu Live. It's another interent cable service. I really like it. Cloud based DVR is great, the interface is really cool. YouTube TV - Wikipedia

Iceman likes this.
  2. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

With YouTube TV you basically get most channels that you would with cable but cheaper. I think it’s one of the cheapest live TV streaming options out there...actually sling tv is cheaper but you get a lot less channels

Iceman likes this.
  3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Thanks for that guys. I need to check this out.

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

As someone who switched from SlingTV to YouTubeTV, YTTV is definitely a higher-quality service (I only switched because my Dad got their family plan, so I no longer had to pay), but Sling is great for the price.

DarthSkywalker and Prison Mike like this.
  5. Zorro IncognitoX

I already added a ton to my watch list. So many great selections of new and old films. Haven't browsed the TV section except for Game of Thrones and Watchmen

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

A few of the local broadcast networks (CBS, Fox, etc) and the essential basic cable outlets (AMC, BBC America, CNN, TBS, FX, etc). Like Prison Mike says, it's basically just a cheaper, slimmer version of cable, but more customizable with unlimited cloud-based DVR.

7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Sounds great. Also sounds like it’s not available here. :csad:

flickchick85 likes this.
  8. jmc away for a while

I've read the books, so I kinda already know what happens, lol. Still waiting for those last two books however. Approaching 10 years since Dance With Dragons, George.

CaptainWagner and Guts like this.
  9. jmc away for a while

Some things should remain a premium IMO.

10. TheVileOne Registered

They have the extended cut of Green Lantern

11. jmc away for a while

A film no-one cares about in the slightest. LOTR is a different beast, and if the extended cuts are made available then every refurbished Box Set they want to do in the future becomes worthless. Just because these platforms can host the entire library doesn't mean they should.

12. TheVileOne Registered

I mean they've already pretty much cannibalized the DC Universe streaming service.

13. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Streaming is already cannibalizing physical media, so I don't think that's a valid reason to not put it on there.

14. Zorro IncognitoX

I'm kinda surprised DC Universe hasn't merged with this already as it was rumored to be since HBO Max was rumored. Seems likely to happen given that DC Universe has become an after thought and hasn't been a huge success anyway. HBO Max already borrows some DC titles and even includes bigger ones that hasn't been on DC like DCEU films.

DC can make a new deal with Comixology or something. The comics and message boards is what that service has going for it the most and I grew to hate those message boards because of fanboy/girlism

Blackman and Iceman like this.
  15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

That’s what I wanted the whole time. I don’t want streaming apps with too narrow a focus or I’ll end up having to get 25 rather than 5.

Prison Mike likes this.
  16. Zorro IncognitoX

I already have

Disney +
    HBO Max
    Hulu
    Netflix

Got rid of DC Universe and WWE Network. Might leave Hulu and bring back WWE for a couple of months .

I'm also subscribed to Comixology. My cred card hurting!

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  17. Marvolo Registered

Not quite. Physical media has better video and audio bit rates. The gap is closing but as of now physical media is still higher quality. Some people will always prefer physical media for a number of reasons. Some people like myself like to own physical media and have access to a streaming version.

Plus, studios have been including digital copies with physical media for years. The one doesnt make the other worthless. It's just different formats with their own pros and cons.

18. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

One annoyance with HBO Max is that they play trailers for shows and movies that are on the service. Granted, they're only 10-30 seconds but no streaming service should have that unless it's part of a cheaper package, like Hulu. HBO Max is $14.99/month. There should be no ads of any kind on there, even for their own content.

Blitzkrieg likes this.
  19. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

How is HBOMAX all of 5 days old? And it already has a list of movies that are leaving????

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  20. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Those are HBO movies that have been there a while and are being cycled out as usual. The HBO portion of the app isn’t 5 days old.

21. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Probably because they are newer movies on HBO proper. On HBO new movies debut every week on the channel and on demand before disappearing every few months.

Primal Slayer and flickchick85 like this.
  22. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

FC, the quickest draw on the Hype!

flickchick85 likes this.
  23. flickchick85 Admin of Might

So for any frustrated Amazon Fire stick users out there, apparently since Fire TV runs Android apps, you can get the HBO Max app from the "Aptoide TV" store (which can be acquired via the "Downloader" app). Seems like a pretty easy and worthwhile workaround considering AT&T and Amazon seem unlikely to make a deal any time soon.

Blitzkrieg and Primal Slayer like this.
  24. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Will this work for a roku?

25. flickchick85 Admin of Might

No, I don't think Roku can run Android apps, unfortunately.