HBO Max

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Lame sauce is lame lol

flickchick85 likes this.
  2. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah my primary device is a Roku Ultra, but I switched from a Fire Stick, which is currently on my bedroom TV I hardly use, so I might go back to that on my living room TV for a while just so I won't have to start up and change inputs to my PS4 whenever I want to use this app, lol. Hope they make a deal with Roku soon, though, because Roku >>> Fire Stick.

Spider-Fan likes this.
  3. Zorro IncognitoX

I have Roku in my room and would be nice to have this on there but luckily for me, I primarily use my Xbox in my living room or phone/tablet

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

This video from Warner Media seems to confirm both the Green Lantern and Justice League Dark shows for next year:

5. Zorro IncognitoX

I had forgotten about a Green Lantern show. Didn't know a JL Dark show was being developed too

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The JL Dark one is JJ Abrams' first DC collaboration (as producer) with his new WB deal.

IncognitoX likes this.
  7. flickchick85 Admin of Might

From Reddit, here's the full list of those in the video slated for next year:

So no Dune or Strange Adventures 'til 2022 at the earliest, I guess. Which makes sense for Dune especially, since Villeneuve & Co. are still busy on the movie at the moment.

Blitzkrieg likes this.
  8. Zorro IncognitoX

Really? Wow that's pretty cool!

Gremlins original movie or TV show? Any news about which characters Green Lantern will feature?

I wonder if it'll be a Hal Jordan show or Green Lantern Corps centered with Hal, Kyle or John in the lead with others appearing. Does this affect the movie that has been in development for years?

#458 Zorro, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    flickchick85 likes this.
  9. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

Not entirely true. :ninja:

Involves jailbreaking it.

DarthSkywalker and flickchick85 like this.
  10. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah that's officially beyond me, lol.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  11. Wheels Groovy

It's ridiculously simple.

12. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I thought the only "jailbreaking" that could be done on a Roku was to cast other apps from another device? Which I don't really count because I can do that straight to my TV, anyway, and have no reason to do it specifically with the Roku. Is there another way?

13. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

It took only 2 posts to corrupt FC. That's impressive.

[​IMG]

14. LibidoLoca Politically Delicious

15. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yep, and we're back to "beyond me" territory. :funny:

Oh well, I've already switched my Fire Stick and Roku so I'm good for the time being.

LibidoLoca likes this.
  16. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The Gremlins thing is a new animated series, I believe. And no, they haven't announced which GL's the show would feature. Last I heard it was rumored to be Kyle, but then another source claimed that wasn't set in stone, so who knows. All we know is they're claiming it's the most expensive DC series to date, and Berlanti and Johns are producing.

TheVileOne and IncognitoX like this.
  17. Detective Conan Registered

18. Blitzkrieg Registered

HBO Max Adds Over 120 New Movies To Streaming Service

flickchick85 likes this.
  19. Marvolo Registered

Afaik it's a grey area. You need to download, profit, or redistribute pirated material to really get in trouble. Streaming doesn't do any of that because the person isnt downloading, redistributing, or selling it. Its why it's safe to watch cam clips on YouTube. The most the studio will do is pull the video and go after the uploader's channel. The viewers are left alone.

TheVileOne likes this.
  20. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

I honestly don’t understand how this app is lacking besides the DC content. I mean it has movies and shows from and for all walks of life/entertainment. It’s so worth the attack on my AmEx card.

I only wish they would secure all of the classic Looney Tunes cartoons, Captain Planet and few other CN cartoons soon.

21. Juan1193 Registered

Last rumor I heard was that it was going to star Abin Sur and Sinestro in the past, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz in the present while connecting to the GLC film starring Hal and John. No word on Guy or Kyle

22. Zorro IncognitoX

The show being a prequel to the upcoming movie or something similar to the Krypton show could be cool. Don't know about present day elements jumping all the way to Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz though. Baz is alright but Jessica..Ugh!

Maybe if there's at least a presence of the others with references to them as established great lanterns and then later seasons showing clips or photos of them in action after the film releases to get the looks of the costumes and actor likeness.

23. Juan1193 Registered

Honestly for me, the only Lanterns that I need are Hal (for his iconic status), John (JLU made me a fan), and Jessica (love her comics). The other aren’t needed. DC seems to agree too since those three get the most attention in comics (Guy, Simon and Kyle are MIA) and outside media (Hal, John and Jessica have all the animation and video game appearances).

24. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Only ones I care about are Hal, Kyle and Jessica. And John a little bit, though I was never really into the JLU cartoon. Hope to see them all in a movie or TV show before too long. Someone's gotta adapt Tom King's Omega Men with Kyle eventually. It's too good not to, imo.

TheVileOne likes this.
  25. Zorro IncognitoX

I have no clue how or why Guy and Jessica have fanbases but to each their own. I grew up with Kyle being my favorite but have gotten more into Hal and John for years now.

Simon is alright but just not as cool or great as Hal, John or Guy