Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Yeah my primary device is a Roku Ultra, but I switched from a Fire Stick, which is currently on my bedroom TV I hardly use, so I might go back to that on my living room TV for a while just so I won't have to start up and change inputs to my PS4 whenever I want to use this app, lol. Hope they make a deal with Roku soon, though, because Roku >>> Fire Stick.

I have Roku in my room and would be nice to have this on there but luckily for me, I primarily use my Xbox in my living room or phone/tablet

This video from Warner Media seems to confirm both the Green Lantern and Justice League Dark shows for next year:

I had forgotten about a Green Lantern show. Didn't know a JL Dark show was being developed too

From Reddit, here's the full list of those in the video slated for next year:

• Green Lantern

• Gossip Girl

• Station Eleven

• The Boondocks

• DC Superhero High

• Tokyo Vice

• Americanah

• The Sex Lives of College Girls (probably the "College Girls" show from Mindy Kaling)

• Ellen's Next Great Designer (formerly "Ellen's Home Design Challenge")

• Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai

• Aquaman: King of Atlantis

• The Uninhabitable Earth

• Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies (formerly "Grease: Rydell High")

• Summer Camp Island (probably new seasons)

• Adventure Time: Distant Lands (probably new specials)

• Justice League Dark

• Little Ellen

• The Prince

• Tig & Seek (probably new seasons)

• Tom and Jerry in the Big City (new!)

• Circe

So no Dune or Strange Adventures 'til 2022 at the earliest, I guess. Which makes sense for Dune especially, since Villeneuve & Co. are still busy on the movie at the moment.

The JL Dark one is JJ Abrams' first DC collaboration (as producer) with his new WB deal.

Really? Wow that's pretty cool!

From Reddit, here's the full list of those in the video slated for next year:

Gremlins original movie or TV show? Any news about which characters Green Lantern will feature?

I wonder if it'll be a Hal Jordan show or Green Lantern Corps centered with Hal, Kyle or John in the lead with others appearing. Does this affect the movie that has been in development for years?

Last edited:
I thought the only "jailbreaking" that could be done on a Roku was to cast other apps from another device? Which I don't really count because I can do that straight to my TV, anyway, and have no reason to do it specifically with the Roku. Is there another way?

Not entirely true. :ninja:

Involves jailbreaking it.
Yeah that's officially beyond me, lol.
It's ridiculously simple.
I thought the only "jailbreaking" that could be done on a Roku was to cast other apps from another device? Which I don't really count because I can do that straight to my TV, anyway, and have no reason to do it specifically with the Roku. Is there another way?
It took only 2 posts to corrupt FC. That's impressive.

kfTp6A1.gif

Gremlins original movie or TV show? Any news about which characters Green Lantern will feature?

I wonder if it'll be a Hal Jordan show or Green Lantern Corps centered with Hal, Kyle or John in the lead with others appearing. Does this affect the movie that has been in development for years?
The Gremlins thing is a new animated series, I believe. And no, they haven't announced which GL's the show would feature. Last I heard it was rumored to be Kyle, but then another source claimed that wasn't set in stone, so who knows. All we know is they're claiming it's the most expensive DC series to date, and Berlanti and Johns are producing.

HBO Max Adds Over 120 New Movies To Streaming Service

4th & Forever: Muck City, Season One
Adventures In Babysitting, 1987
Amelie, 2001
An American Werewolf in London, 1981
The American, 2010
Another Cinderella Story, 2008
Beautiful Girls, 1996
Black Beauty, 1994
Bridget Jones’s Baby, 2016
The Bucket List, 2007
Cabaret, 1972
The Champ, 1979
Chicago, 2002
A Cinderella Story, 2004
A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song, 2011
Clash Of The Titans, 2010
Cradle 2 the Grave, 2003
Crash, 2005 (Director’s Cut)
Doubt, 2008
Dreaming Of Joseph Lees, 1999
Drop Dead Gorgeous, 1999
Dune, 1984
Elf, 2003
Enter The Dragon, 1973
Far and Away, 1992
Final Destination, 2000
Final Destination 2, 2003
Final Destination 3, 2006
The Final Destination, 2009
Firewall, 2006
Flipped, 2010
Forces of Nature, 1999
The Fountain, 2006
Frantic, 1988
From Dusk Til Dawn, 1996
Full Metal Jacket, 1987
Gente De Zona: En Letra De Otro, 2018
The Good Son, 1993
The Goonies, 1985
Hanna, 2011
Havana, 1990
He Got Game, 1998
Heaven Can Wait, 1978
Heidi, 2006
Hello Again, 1987
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, 2012
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, 2013
The Hunger, 1983
In Her Shoes, 2005
In Like Flint, 1967
The Iron Giant, 1999
It Takes Two, 1995
Juice, 1992
The Last Mimzy, 2007
License To Wed, 2007
Life, 1999
Lifeforce, 1985
Lights Out, 2016
Like Water For Chocolate, 1993
Looney Tunes: Back in Action, 2003
The Losers, 2010
Love Jones, 1997
Lucy, 2020
Magic Mike, 2012
McCabe and Mrs. Miller, 1971
Misery, 1990
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, 2008
A Monster Calls, 2016
Mr. Wonderful, 1993
Must Love Dogs, 2005
My Dog Skip, 2000
Mystic River, 2003
The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter, 1991
The Neverending Story, 1984
New York Minute, 2004
Nights In Rodanthe, 2008
No Reservations, 2007
Ordinary People, 1980
Our Man Flint, 1966
The Parallax View, 1974
Patch Adams, 1998
A Perfect World, 1993
Pedro Capo: En Letra Otro, 2017
Personal Best, 1982
Presumed Innocent, 1990
Ray, 2004
Richie Rich (Movie), 1994
Rosewood, 1997
Rugrats Go Wild, 2003
Running on Empty, 1988
Secondhand Lions, 2003
She’s The Man, 2006
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, 2011
Space Cowboys, 2000
Speed Racer, 2008
Splendor in the Grass, 1961
The Stepfather, 1987
Summer Catch, 2001
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 1990
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, 1991
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, 1993
Tess, 1980
Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, 2005
The Time Traveler’s Wife, 2009
Titanic, 1997
TMNT, 2007
Torch Song Trilogy, 1988
Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, 1997
Tweety’s High-Flying Adventures, 2000
U-571, 2000
U.S. Marshals, 1998
Unaccompanied Minors, 2006
Uncle Buck, 1989
Veronica Mars, 2014
Walking and Talking, 1996
We Are Marshall, 2006
Weird Science, 1985
When Harry Met Sally, 1989
Wild Wild West, 1999
Wonder, 2019
X-Men: First Class, 2011
You’ve Got Mail, 1998

Pretty sure that is still illegal.

I wonder if this is all because before the Warner sale, during the height of GOT, they sold/renewed their rights everywhere they could, to boost the evaluation of the company?
Afaik it's a grey area. You need to download, profit, or redistribute pirated material to really get in trouble. Streaming doesn't do any of that because the person isnt downloading, redistributing, or selling it. Its why it's safe to watch cam clips on YouTube. The most the studio will do is pull the video and go after the uploader's channel. The viewers are left alone.

I honestly don’t understand how this app is lacking besides the DC content. I mean it has movies and shows from and for all walks of life/entertainment. It’s so worth the attack on my AmEx card.

I only wish they would secure all of the classic Looney Tunes cartoons, Captain Planet and few other CN cartoons soon.

Really? Wow that's pretty cool!

Last rumor I heard was that it was going to star Abin Sur and Sinestro in the past, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz in the present while connecting to the GLC film starring Hal and John. No word on Guy or Kyle

Last rumor I heard was that it was going to star Abin Sur and Sinestro in the past, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz in the present while connecting to the GLC film starring Hal and John. No word on Guy or Kyle

The show being a prequel to the upcoming movie or something similar to the Krypton show could be cool. Don't know about present day elements jumping all the way to Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz though. Baz is alright but Jessica..Ugh!

Maybe if there's at least a presence of the others with references to them as established great lanterns and then later seasons showing clips or photos of them in action after the film releases to get the looks of the costumes and actor likeness.

The show being a prequel to the upcoming movie or something similar to the Krypton show could be cool. Don't know about present day elements jumping all the way to Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz though. Baz is alright but Jessica..Ugh!

Maybe if there's at least a presence of the others with references to them as established great lanterns and then later seasons showing clips or photos of them in action after the film releases to get the looks of the costumes and actor likeness.

Honestly for me, the only Lanterns that I need are Hal (for his iconic status), John (JLU made me a fan), and Jessica (love her comics). The other aren’t needed. DC seems to agree too since those three get the most attention in comics (Guy, Simon and Kyle are MIA) and outside media (Hal, John and Jessica have all the animation and video game appearances).

Only ones I care about are Hal, Kyle and Jessica. And John a little bit, though I was never really into the JLU cartoon. Hope to see them all in a movie or TV show before too long. Someone's gotta adapt Tom King's Omega Men with Kyle eventually. It's too good not to, imo.

I have no clue how or why Guy and Jessica have fanbases but to each their own. I grew up with Kyle being my favorite but have gotten more into Hal and John for years now.

Simon is alright but just not as cool or great as Hal, John or Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"