Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

Other than the huge Fire/Roku misstep, I think HBO Max launched fine. I think a lot of the complaints seem to be things we know will be fixed, just kinda nitpicky or complaining to complain. But to each their own. Everyone has their opinion

On another note, HBO Max's, or basically any streaming services' launch for sure looks better than freaking Quibi. Stil not sure how anyone thought that that was a good idea

People are piling on unnecessarily, per usual, but this one made me laugh

I do appreciate them adding more DC stuff as promised. There’s still a few things I want them to do: add HBO Max to fire tv; add MOS; add Nolan Batman movies. Honestly, Disney+ is still the better streaming service so far IMO

I do appreciate them adding more DC stuff as promised. There’s still a few things I want them to do: add HBO Max to fire tv; add MOS; add Nolan Batman movies. Honestly, Disney+ is still the better streaming service so far IMO

If Disney+ had the availability of the Twentieth Century Fox movies that this service has, it would’ve really kicked more ash than it did.

It may not have as much content, but in terms of presentation, Disney+ has HBO Max beat. It also isn't cool that content has already been taken off HBO Max after only a month in, like the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies.
Disney Plus might not have a lot of original content, but, that library, though...

It’s funny because I have a TON that I want to watch on HBO Max and yet here I am still finishing up the first thing I watched (granted it’s a series with about 30+ hours in total and I’ve been rewatching some episodes). :funny:

I mean, Criterion and Ghibli have me really wanting Max. And I have a free year. However, I have a Roku TV, so I am currently screwed. My laptop is not ideal for watching movies.

I mean, Criterion and Ghibli have me really wanting Max. And I have a free year. However, I have a Roku TV, so I am currently screwed. My laptop is not ideal for watching movies.
That sucks man. How they aren't on there already is ridiculous.

Maybe there’s a way around it? @flickchick85 hooked me up with a YT video on how to get it via my Amazon Firestick.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any workarounds to get the app on a Roku, because Roku uses their own software (Firestick is Android-based). Though I'm pretty sure you can cast the content to a Roku device from another device.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any workarounds to get the app on a Roku, because Roku uses their own software (Firestick is Android-based). Though I'm pretty sure you can cast the content to a Roku device from another device.
You can mirror it from your phone through your Roku or Fire TV (I think this may only apply to built-in) . I also heard you can add HBO Max through Hulu, but I'm not sure if that adds its content to Hulu or what.

You can mirror it from your phone through your Roku or Fire TV (I think this may only apply to built-in) . I also heard you can add HBO Max through Hulu, but I'm not sure if that adds its content to Hulu or what.

It is an add on to your Hulu App if you get it with Hulu.

It is an add on to your Hulu App if you get it with Hulu.
Does the content appear in Hulu's app or does it switch to Max? If so than that's a cool work around.

With the Hulu thing, you’re still not getting Max content, just HBO content. The only way to get Max content is in the HBO Max app itself. None of the 3rd party subscriptions include it in their apps, because AT&T didn’t allow it. They want people downloading their app. If you’re subscribed through any 3rd-party app like Hulu or YouTubeTV, you get HBO content through that app, but if you want access to the Max stuff, you have to download the HBO Max app, and login with your credentials for Hulu, YTTV or whatever.

With the Hulu thing, you’re still not getting Max content, just HBO content. The only way to get Max content is in the HBO Max app itself. None of the 3rd party subscriptions include it in their apps, because AT&T didn’t allow it. They want people downloading their app. If you’re subscribed through any 3rd-party app like Hulu or YouTubeTV, you get HBO content through that app, but if you want access to the Max stuff, you have to download the HBO Max app, and login with your credentials for Hulu, YTTV or whatever.
So much for another workaround. I mean cool you get Game of Thrones, Sex and the City, and Curb Your Enthusiasm. But still no Friends or DC stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"