Max: The Artist Formerly Known as HBO Max

D_iGEgaXsAAQiyR.png

Anyone interested in the streaming landscape and industry ramifications should read Matthew Ball. Fascinating stuff.

Still talking about TV movies, despite everyone falling for a lie.

You sound very invested in the fallacy that theatrical movies are an intrinsically superior medium. Why, I wonder?

Netflix
Hulu
Prime Video
YouTube Red
Apple TV

Disney+
HBO Max
Untitled NBCUniversal streaming

Did I miss any major current/upcoming American streaming service? How about Viacom's PlutoTV and sony Crackle?

They're TV movies then.
Because there are movies for the big screen. And movies for the small screen. And the theater experience HAS value.
Can't wait until we all turn into the "Wall-E" humans. Shouldn't take too long now.

Nope. They're just movies. A movie is a movie. Regardless of what screen its watched on or where its watched. Quality of production and writing and directing etc matters much more than the screen its viewed on.

How do you classify films that get a simultaneous theatrical and home streaming release? Are those bipolar movies?

And the theater experience is diminishing every year due to increases in ticket prices, improvements to home video tech, and the threat of violence.

'Luther,' 'Doctor Who,' U.K. 'Office' Libraries Head to HBO Max in BBC Deal

The WarnerMedia streaming platform has picked up streaming rights to Doctor Who and other British series as part of a long-term deal with BBC Studios. All 11 seasons of the beloved sci-fi show's 21st century iteration will be available on HBO Max when it launches in spring 2020. Future seasons will also stream exclusively on HBO Max after their initial run on BBC America.

HBO Max's deal with BBC Studios also includes streaming rights for the British version of The Office, dramas Luther and The Honorable Woman and unscripted stalwart Top Gear. In all, more than 700 episodes of BBC shows will be available on HBO Max when it debuts.

Well that settles that.

I suppose all CW shows would also be included in HBO Max.

HBO Max Sets Massive Deal to Exclusively Stream ‘Big Bang Theory’

Bazinga! HBO Max has prevailed in the auction for streaming rights to “The Big Bang Theory,” one of the last major comedy franchises that has yet to be licensed for the binge-watching era. WarnerMedia’s nascent streaming platform will have exclusive rights to 12 seasons of the show from Warner Bros. Television and co-creators/executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. All 279 episodes of “Big Bang” will be available on HBO Max when it launches next spring.

HBO Max has ordered a two-season revival of the animated series “The Boondocks.”

The 24 new episodes, as well as all 55 episodes of the original series, will launch on the forthcoming streaming service in Fall 2020. The show is based on Aaron McGruder’s comic strips, and the original creator is on board once again to reimagine the series.

Literally trying to become Netflix before Netflix becomes HBO.

Wow that’s a good get. I wonder if it’s coming to Australia soon?

HBO Max will reach 50 million U.S. subscribers in its first five years after launching next spring, according to a forecast issued Monday by AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson on the company’s quarterly earnings call.

In guidance the telco provided Monday as part of it's third-quarter earnings, AT&T said it will invest in the range of $1.5 billion-$2 billion in HBO Max next year. It will spend approximately $1 billion in both 2021 and 2022 before HBO Max is expected to become profitable in Year Four.

Sounds great, I hope it comes to Australia and includes shows like the comeback and curb your enthusiasm

It’s too expensive for a streaming service and they haven’t done enough to differentiate between HBO Go or Now. I don’t see this doing that well, certainly not as well as Disney+.

But that's not even remotely the same thing as Disney Plus because on Disney Plus they are putting out TV shows that directly tie into the MCU...now is Warner Brothers gonna do that with HBO Max and have DCEU TV shows that directly correlate with the DCEU timeline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"