HBO's Big Little Lies

scarlet-witch

the strongest avenger
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this. Did anyone else watch the premiere on Sunday?

I thought it was really well done. I like how it was shot with cuts to the ongoing investigation and what was happening in the story. I never read the book it's based off of, so I'm going in pretty much blind.

I didn't see it live since this airs the same time as Walking Dead, but planning to watch it this week since I like most of the cast and Jean-Marc Vallée's work on Wild and Dallas Buyers Club, so it sounds promising.

I saw it and it's a good first episode.

Having not read the book but have been told its' more comedic with dark elements but the show is darker with fewer comedic moments.

Never read the book but thought the first episode was fantastic.
Great performances, Dern is killing it. I'm not a Shailene Woodley fan at all but even she impressed me.

Really liked it and was very impressed with Witherspoon, this is her best work in years. Kidman is always great but her wigs are starting to distract me :funny: Woodley was good and her character was really likable, as was her kid, especially with that whole 'let's blame the child in front of everyone' situation being so freaking infuriating

^I haven't gotten to watch it yet, but will tonight.

I can't believe how daft that teacher was in handling the girl getting choked situation. That's never something you should handle in front of a massive crowd.

Watched the second episode and I'm loving the minor characters. Lol they see everything.

Finally watched the first two episodes. I'm not sure what to make of all the adults, though some of them seem pretty either unlikable or indecisive, but I will say that the girl playing Reese Witherspoon's younger daughter is probably my favorite character right now.

I liked the 2nd episode, but man I hate Alexander Skarsgard's character more and more.

I'm so intrigued by Jane and Ziggy, but I need to re-watch that scene where they explain the joke the kids played in school again. My HBO Go kept cutting out and I was afraid if I re-started it, it wouldn't play at all.

Reese is glorious in this can't take my eyes off of her :sly:

I liked the 2nd episode, but man I hate Alexander Skarsgard's character more and more.

I'm so intrigued by Jane and Ziggy, but I need to re-watch that scene where they explain the joke the kids played in school again. My HBO Go kept cutting out and I was afraid if I re-started it, it wouldn't play at all.

Yeah I was hating on him too, then that little twist with Nicole being into it happened and I'm not sure what to think of those two right currently.

Surprised Adam Scott hasn't gotten a sex scene in there yet. He's usually good for that. :funny:

Jane's story of how she met Ziggy's father was heartbreaking.

I have a feeling Ziggy's father is
Alexander Skarsgard's character. I've not read the book so don't know for sure.

I have a feeling Ziggy's father is
Alexander Skarsgard's character. I've not read the book so don't know for sure.

Oh wow, that never even occurred to me. :( That would be an interesting twist.

Another solid episode tonight. Celeste was amazing during the meeting scene. She kind of wiped the floor with Renada.

I didn't see that affair coming with Madeline though.

I did. Reese's character has given off the vibes that she'll look down her nose at anyone and make out her life is in control and is perfect. Like if she discovered a friend having an affair she'll get all high and mighty.:funny:

I did. Reese's character has given off the vibes that she'll look down her nose at anyone and make out her life is in control and is perfect. Like if she discovered a friend having an affair she'll get all high and mighty.:funny:

Oh for sure she would. Her affair surprised me. I was expecting her husband to go that route, tbh.

Yeah the current husband does give me a dodgy vibe too.

I don't know if the show meant for us to assume he was scoping out her older daughter?

OMG! I noticed that too but didn't want to mention it because I might come out looking like a creep or something. :funny:

But yeah there's two clear instances i noticed where he seemed to do that all under the pretense that he's looking at his laptop. I've not read the book so I'm not sure if that's who he is or if they changed his character for the show.

But none of the reviews even mentioned anything like this though.

Yeah did not see that coming with Madeline at all…
Agree about her husband! He's a tad pervy, he seemed to be flirting with Bonnie too and then the way he checked the girl out when he was leaving the yoga studio.
Perry is proving to be creepier and creepier.
I don't trust Jane for some sneaking suspicion, I think she's up to revenge and she lied to Madeline about who the guy was.
And who the bad place is bullying Amabella…I don't believe it's Ziggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"