HBO's Big Little Lies

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by scarlet-witch, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Paradox1

Paradox1 Registered

I don't think Reese said anything wrong either especially since she was just answering a question.

2. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

How wasn't he right when it's his opinion? I don't mind her saying "whatever", but she agreed with the interviewer that the "old angry white dude" didn't get it because men can't understand women, which is such a lousy statement in this context. One person didn't like it, whatever.

3. harlequinade

harlequinade The May Queen

When women write about this show, it’s really extraordinary how they relate to the truth. This is how women really speak to each other. There are a lot of dynamics where women are not telling each other the truth, and I think it’s deeply relatable. I think the men in the show are incredible, too; I think their performances are extraordinary. Alexander Skarsgård is just an amazing performer. So yeah, sometimes I wonder if [these critics] have really watched it? I don’t really read the reviews; that’s not for me, it’s for other people—but look, I only heard about one bad review from a guy. And I’m pretty sure he was an old angry white dude. So listen, who cares? It’ll find the audience it’s supposed to find. Maybe it’s not for him.

Well she manages to come off as dumb and entitled as when that cop stopped her. I am a woman and I wasn't crazy about the show either. What truth am I failing to see there, exactly? I had issues with plot holes and Vallee's overusing his music-video style film making which, since I saw this in one sitting was insufferable.

And offending a guy who didn't like her show...so classy.

4. Ruth Fisher

Ruth Fisher Goddess Famke Janssen

Oh my god she didn't even say anything that bad. y'all hatred for reese is stopping you from enjoying this ICONIC show. tragic. ciao adios

[​IMG]

5. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

You basically said that the reviewer was wrong because he didn't like the show. You may liked it and that's fine but don't call someone right or wrong because of an opinion. And the funniest thing? The guy didn't even hate it. Read the review. It's mixed at worst.

6. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

HBO boss is hopeful for a second season.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/big-little-lies-season-2-hbo-renewed-1202137397/

7. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

New director but same cast for Season 2.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/big...se-witherspoon-david-e-kelley-hbo-1202634069/

8. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

God damn it. Reese gave up a movie that could’ve won her another Oscar for an unnecessary sequel to a self-contained story. She needs to get a new agent.

9. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

I'll watch it, but remember when stories were allowed to just end?

10. Lasirius

Lasirius Tarifa

She's been receiving a great amount of praise for the show and she seems to be passionate about it. It's also popular. You can move along if you're not a fan but she obviously is along with the other actors involved in it already. Her and her agent must have a very different point of view than the one you have.

Again, move along.

11. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

I am a fan of this show. But it isn’t supposed to be a show; it’s a miniseries. At this point, it’s just excessive and could decrease the quality of the first season. I may be wrong and I’ll admit that when it happens but for the time being, it’s a bad decision on her part to leave the movie directed by Noah Hawley and could’ve been another Oscar project for her. She isn’t exactly smart in her decisions. She’s turned down many famous projects for lesser ones.

12. Lasirius

Lasirius Tarifa

Sure thang.

13. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

Look, you don’t need to agree with me; all I’m doing is presenting my opinion. She needs to be more ambitious in her career. No need to be rude.

14. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Look shes' happy to do it and with the big sucess of its' first season HBO would be fools not to give her boatload of money to do it again.

15. Lasirius

Lasirius Tarifa

She's not the only actor who has turned down projects that turn out to be huge successes but as of now, Big Little Lies is successful and is a great vehicle for everyone involved. We'll see if the second season turns out as good, it's not like she's starring in a direct to DVD sequel to Legally Blonde. The issue is that you seem to have a personal vendetta against her specifically which is odd.

Live and let live.

16. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

By the way with the acclaim the first season got and the big sucess it has, how the heck is this thread only 4 pages?:funny:

17. Lasirius

Lasirius Tarifa

For real. Not a lot of hypsters into the show?

I personally had never posted but I loved it. Curious about the second season and where they'd take the story.

18. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

I don’t have a vendetta against her. I’m a huge fan of her (as an actress, at least) want her to do better because she’s wasting her potential. This character has already been developed. What else is there?

We’re just gonna go in circles at this point. Let’s agree to disagree, huh?

19. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Yeah I was thinking that too. :csad:

20. Lasirius

Lasirius Tarifa

Hard to see she's wasting her potential in a well acted, directed, casted, and written successful HBO show but to each their own.

21. HBarnill

HBarnill Registered

I guess.

#96 HBarnill, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  22. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Because Meryl Streep has to be in everything...here she is. Or maybe she wants another Emmy. I dunno.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/meryl-streep-big-little-lies-season-2-1202675363/

23. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

Well they'e going all in , I'm happy about that.

24. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

That inevitable Nicole vs Meryl showdown scene will win all the awards of course.

25. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

I expect Devil Wears Prada Meryl in this.