HBO's Big Little Lies

Okay, this show does have its funny moments for a serious show, but Chloe's project with her saying the door is hinged while basically implying that Madeline is...well, not. That might have gotten the biggest laugh out of me for this entire show.
I let out an actual mad cackle.

I am, however, enjoying how open Madeline's being with her disdain for Mary Louise.

Chloe: The door is hinged.

Me:

Also that slap. :eek:

As much as I love what's Kidman's doing on this show, I have to clock her accent work just a bit. It seems to drift back and forth between Australian and American constantly.

I haven't noticed on this show, but that's been a thing with her for years, imo. There are just certain words she's never been able to get right when doing an American accent. I think I just got used to it because she's otherwise so great.

I noticed Kidman's accent slip too. I really notice Aussie actors doing the American accent (being Australian). It's usually when they're rounding out their vowels. They don't do it enough. I noticed Margot slipping in Suicide Squad. And a Southern accent too, they don't push it far enough. But a lot of actors, American or Australian, seem to have trouble really getting the southern accent right.

Nicole is looking pretty good on the show- the straight hair and eye makeup is very mod.

Last edited:
I never cheered so loudly for elderly abuse like I did when Celeste Smacked fire out of Mary-Louise
and was I the only one LOL at Scott with the afro wig trying to say serious dialogue lololol

Why in God's name did this make me laugh so hard?

I did feel for Mary Louise, when she checked her glasses after they flew off...But she is only going to get worse. I am scared. And here for it.

This is so good. I hate Meryl’s character, though I can understand where she’s coming from.

One thing though... WTF is up with Woodley’s hair? Is she just wearing a bad wig or did she go to Cost Cutters right before they started filming? It’s so awful that it’s honestly distracting.

This is so good. I hate Meryl’s character, though I can understand where she’s coming from.

One thing though... WTF is up with Woodley’s hair? Is she just wearing a bad wig or did she go to Cost Cutters right before they started filming? It’s so awful that it’s honestly distracting.
I did wonder about Woodley's hair. Maybe it is a wig.

That's what's scary about Meryl. She kind of makes sense. Celeste is taking Ambien and driving around in a daze. But is it enough to take the kids away? She only wants to think the best of her son, but it goes too far, into denial and delusion.

Was that --

Corey walking out of the police station, like us he undercover or something?

Was that --

Corey walking out of the police station, like us he undercover or something?
I thought he was maybe just
informing, but whatever the case, yep, that was definitely Corey leaving the police station.

Another damn short episode.

Kidman's accent slips almost as often as Katie McGrath's does on occasion on Supergirl.

Also, speaking of Celeste, if she was Black, that conversation with her kids would be over the second one of them called her a B-word.

They cut out Madeline throwing her ice cream cone at Mary Louise?!

Homophobic. :o

Corey is definitely a cop. I thought something was up as soon as I saw him scanning the room, and ended up making eye contact with Celeste. He's scoping the place out... trying to get info. He sought out Jane, and he seems to have an interest in Ziggy for some reason.

I thought Corey was a bit strange the way he first talked to Jane on the beach.

Oh and I don't want any literal **** where Bonnie really does drown and dies.

Poor Jane just can’t catch a break. :(

Oh and I don't want any literal **** where Bonnie really does drown and dies.
I think the more likely scenario/interpretation of that "premonition" would be Bonnie attempting suicide. Like the lie is what's drowning her.

I think the more likely scenario/interpretation of that "premonition" would be Bonnie attempting suicide. Like the lie is what's drowning her.
I just don't want it to come to that but it does look headed that way. It's obviously eating away at her and she will react to it inevitably, maybe even literally walking into the ocean to kill herself. But I'm intrigued with how she confronts that past trauma with her mother.

It was weird seeing Bonnie's father being played by Martin Donovan from the Hal Hartley movies, playing a grandfather now.

It was funny that Renata invited Mary Louise to tea and tried to pressure her and Mary Louise just turned things around so quickly with a few choice words about Renata's furniture and bankruptcy! She's really good at that.

Last edited:
Suddenly it's starting to make more sense why some episodes have had 5-6-7 editors credited.

But I've been enjoying it, so meh.

As someone unfamiliar with Andrea Arnold, I can't say I would've noticed her touch with or without this news about her not having as much creative control, but it's unfortunate nonetheless.

Poor Renata, I can't help but feel bad for her, I really do. It's funny, kinda, but also sad. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"