HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
This finally started? It feels like I've been waiting for it since forever. Gonna check it out as soon as I can. :)

Just saw the show...It felt like a movie directed by Scorcese.

I really liked Steve in this role...He is not a tough guy, but he is very good in his role and he loves to talk. But Michael Pitt STOLE his scenes in the show

I like that the show feels authentic and has that grand mobster feel to it.

I got a question though

Why did the fat italian guy with the mustache get shot near the end? Who was it that got him killed?

Why did the fat italian guy with the mustache get shot near the end? Who was it that got him killed?
He was James "Big Jim" Colosimo, boss of Al Capone.
My guess is Rothstein got him killed.

He got whacked because he didn't want in the liquor business.

Think what happened to Vito because he wouldn't go into drugs in the first Godfather film.

I think an interesting aspect that (as of right now) Nucky is no Tony Soprano or Michael Corleone. He is half a politician who frowns on "larceny and murders!"

This should be interesting.

Enjoyable first episode. Interesting how they chose buschemi for the lead but the tough guy gangster role has been done so many times. I guess its refreshing to see another take on it.

I think its great that the tough guys will be the ones around him

I love how they were able to recreate the look and feel of new jersey in the 20's, the environments, the clothes... Does anybody know where and when they filmed this? I ask cause i live in jersey and would've loved to see the sets as they were filming.

I read Brooklyn and Central and North Jersey...Rockaway was on location.

Very good pilot and a solid attempt to get my attention to stick with it. Steve is really good in role and and for reason he just clicks with that era in time, but man does he look old now.

I really like how there using the prohibiton on alcohol as a way to setup the story and also using real people.

Man i loved the Pilot and will be here for the long run. Great show and awesome Performances all around, might read the book now.

Just read it was renewed for a second season and the pilot was the highest rated debut behind only Deadwood.

Awesome to hear this series already greenlit for a second season!

Finally caught up with it on HBO On Demand. Buscemi was good as always. It didn't draw me in like past HBO shows have done, but I'll still tune in.

Fantastic pilot. Great performances, and I loved the setting. The only thing that took me out of it was having so many characters and exposition to keep up with. Otherwise I'm definantly keeping track of this show.

I enjoyed the pilot, like others have said there is alot of exposition but that's to be expected in a pilot episode. I only wanted to watch this for one reason and one reason only Steve Buschemi in the leading role. He is one of my favorite actors and he definitely does not disappoint in this show.

Great episode tonight!

Nucky is definitely Jim's father! :wow:
I also loved the final metaphorical shot of Nucky's footsteps.

I don't see how Jimmy can ever return to Atlantic City. The law and the gangsters are after him.

I don't see how Jimmy can ever return to Atlantic City. The law and the gangsters are after him.

Perhaps they somehow manage to pin it on someone else.
But him shacking up with Capone in Chicago (which is what I assume will happen) won't exactly hide him from the gangsters. They can find him just as easily in Chicago as they could in Atlantic City.

Are people still watching? This is easily HBO's best show since The Sopranos.

Are people still watching? This is easily HBO's best show since The Sopranos.
I've been watching every week, cause i don't have Showtime(Dexter), but I think the show is ok. I liked the pilot a LOT, and then after that, every episode has been way to slow. I did like last nights episode, though. I think it's the best one so far.:cwink:

I missed the last two weeks. Guess I'm gonna have to play catch-up soon. Great show though, glad to see Steven Buscemi the star of something.

Last Nights episode was easily the best of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"