HBO's The Case Against Adnan Syed

scarlet-witch

the strongest avenger
Reaction score
A four part docu-series on HBO following the murder of Hae Min Lee and the conviction of Adnan Syed.

Anyone else watching? I vaguely remember this case from when Serial made it popular but I watched the first episode and found it very compelling.

I just listened to Serial before watching this. Honestly, if I hadn't listened to it, I think I would have been a little confused by the first episode here. Part of it feels like it is asking you to have listened to the first season of Serial. Still liked it though.

I liked that they're focusing a lot on Hae. Some true crime docs (like Amanda Knox) don't pay the murder victims any mind at all, so I appreciated them putting so much time into telling us what she was like.

I had never listened to Serial, but I did recognize the case from one of the many true crimes I watch. I've watched 3 out 4 already, but I'm not entirely convinced of Adnan's innocence, but was even less so of the guy who supposedly helped to bury her. Why would he admit to something he didn't do? I didn't get the false confession vibe off of him the same way I have from other cases. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"