The Dark Knight "Heath has created something quite terrifying" - Empire Magazine interview

I don't think Nicholson's Joker was campy. He was over-the-top, but that was the idea. He was already The Joker even before he was scarred. He took joy in killing people. He cracked a joke or one-liner now and then ("Nice outfit"), so he had a sense of humor. He was cold-blooded, and didn't care about anyone but himself. When he lost his sanity, all of that was amplified. That was the point. All of his emotions and his actions were amplified to extreme, over-the-top levels. It's not that hard to understand, if you really think about it.

He didn't play a campier Joker, he just played a different one than Romero did, and the same will surely be said of Ledger.

^Yeah beating jacks joker to build up confidence in Heaths (which i do think will be great) is te ultimate fan low imo recent threads on jack as a senile old man was embarresing. Jack was the joker in his dress sense, methods of killing and the all important insanity deal with it haters but that doesnt mean Heath wont rock my world too.

Joker in B89 seemed to slowly get more insane as the movie progressed imo cultivating in his gasing of the citizens and the classic scene where he kills Bob.

...jack's joker "looked" campy...but he was something else, he with simple things like doing funny noises made the character classic...I love everytime I hear him laughing out of camara...he keeps saying something and then that crazy laugh...its fookin terrifiying...

one point so far in favor to ledger is that, with jack...I can see him playing the joker...but with ledger, I cant see him...its like he became this character, and that means something...I dont know if because of the makeup, or the vivid colors...but I cant see him...I just see this crazy doode...

...jack's joker "looked" campy...but he was something else, he with simple things like doing funny noises made the character classic...I love everytime I hear him laughing out of camara...he keeps saying something and then that crazy laugh...its fookin terrifiying...

one point so far in favor to ledger is that, with jack...I can see him playing the joker...but with ledger, I cant see him...its like he became this character, and that means something...I dont know if because of the makeup, or the vivid colors...but I cant see him...I just see this crazy doode...

exactly and thats why im so excited

I like Jack and I'm looking forward to Heath's interpretation of Joker.

Is that the only stuff in the empire article just that one thing on the joker, dosent the wizard one have like 6 pages...

anybody...

I have the "Hook" effect with B89. When I was a kid I watched Hookevery damn day and used to run around the 2nd grade playground shouting "ROO FEE OOOOOOOH!"

Then I watched it recently and it was a sort of fun but mostly unimaginative movie about a hairy man flying around and kids eating paint and throwing goop. The best parts were before Neverland. Then after that it was like Six Flags Victoriana.

Now when I watch B89, it never measures up to what I thought it was. Most of the people who still love that movie seem to have been kids when they saw it, or were there when it first came out. While I can't say that I hate B89 or Jack's Joker, I am disappointed with it nearly every single time I watch it. Which sucks. :(

I have the "Hook" effect with B89. When I was a kid I watched it every damn day and used to run around the 7th grade playground shouting "ROO FEE OOOOOOOH!"

Then I watched it recently and it was a sort of fun but mostly unimaginative movie about a hairy man flying around and kids eating paint and throwing goop. The best parts were before Neverland. Then after that it was like Six Flags Victoriana.

Now when I watch B89, it never measures up to what I thought it was. Most of the people who still love that movie seem to have been kids when they saw it, or were there when it first came out. While I can't say that I hate B89 or Jack's Joker, I am disappointed with it nearly every single time I watch it. Which sucks. :(

i feel the same way...its sad but at least we are getting something new

Technically it was Keyser who was right and should keep going. I just agreed with him.

I was big into B89 when it came out and thought it was the coolest thing ever.Now I can't watch it anymore.Movies keep raising the bar.Jack's Joker was cool at the time but then again so was Cesar Romeros.Someday in the future Batman will be a mass murdering vigillante and Nolans Batman will seem lame by comparison.

am the only guy who thinks Wizard's 6 page report sounds more interesting than Empire's 1-2 page article?

am the only guy who thinks Wizard's 6 page report sounds more interesting than Empire's 1-2 page article?

yea and empires article was retyped in the first few posts of this thread.. im going for wizard.

Has the Wizard article been transcribed yet?

Well, Robin Williams is all over the film. I guess that's all it.

Course, if we're talking about a middle aged Peter Pan, he's it. Casting was perfect there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"