Heath Ledger Joker fans, feast your eyes on this....

Brent72

Civilian
Reaction score
After wanting to do a 1:1 Joker statue for a while, back in May I finally decided on moving forward with the project. The first step was to see if Bob Causey could find time in his busy schedule to do a bust for me and fortunately he said yes. As anyone who has ever talked to Bobby before knows, he's probably the single nicest guy walking the face of the planet and I can never thank him enough for the work he did on this masterpiece. It's truly even better than I ever could have expected.

The next step was hunting down all the accurate clothing as I wanted to make sure a bust of his caliber would not be wasted on cheap eBay Joker clothes. So, I bought the vest, shoes, shirt, gloves, pants and tie from Indy Magnoli. I was able to get a pair of the screen accurate socks from Tabio, the company who supplied them for production of TDK. I bought the gray sport jacket from a local store that had one which I felt was "close enough" given how little of it is shown on the display. The final, and most important piece IMHO, was the long purple overcoat and thankfully fellow member Haywire had an accurate coat from Baron Boutique that had been modified to be as close to screen accurate as possible which he agreed to sell me. The final pieces to round out the display are a Gotham City manhole cover purchased from The Monster Company in the UK, a screen accurate switchblade knife and a brilliant Smith & Wesson M76 machine gun replica hand crafted by RPF member BornKilr.

The display sits on a Da Vinci foam flexible mannequin that was modified and dressed by my good friend Jarod, who helped me out greatly over the last 5 months putting this whole thing together. In fact, there's no way I could have done this project without the help provided by him and my other friend Brad who answered countless questions and guided me every step of the way in putting this statue together. So, a very big thanks to everyone who helped out in making this statue a reality and I hope you enjoy the pics of my new "grail" piece.
cool.gif

*** PICS ARE NOW IN POST #10 AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE***

img20121101093010.jpg

Last edited:
Are they working for you now? I can see them when I load the page.

Holy moly that's crazy!! I'd be scared waking up to that every morning lol

OH MY GOD!!!!!

It's like you reincarnated Heath Ledger and he's standing in your bedroom. To say that is amazing would be a massive understatement. The resemblence is uncanny.

OH MY GOD!!!!!

It's like you reincarnated Heath Ledger and he's standing in your bedroom. To say that is amazing would be a massive understatement. The resemblence is uncanny.

Thank you for the nice words....and fortunately I don't sleep in that room. Don't think I'd be able to close my eyes with him standing over me like that. :woot:

My thoughts exactly. Absolutely incredible.

I'd love to see a Hathaway Catwoman in this vein.

Last edited:
Made some adjustments to the neck and shoulders this morning and now I think it's looking even better.

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

Well done.
And, I have to say, the Boba Fett costume looks awesome.

Here are a couple shots from a different angle:

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

Freakin' amazing. Looks like it should be in a museum or something.

Freakin' amazing. Looks like it should be in a museum or something.

Wow. Thanks for saying that. I'm extremely proud of how it turned out and I'm glad others are enjoying the display.

Hey congrats, man! Wow. That's one awesome looking piece! And that's cool that Bobby helped you with this...
I'm lucky to own a piece made by him as well. He's just phenomenal, as an artist and a person.

Once again, awesome stuff.

Holy crap that is awesome and creepy to have in your room, I used to have a ceramic 2 foot tall statue of E.T. as a kid that I would put him in my closet because it freaked me out.

That is so good it is SCARY.

Is there any mobility to it? That is, articulation? Could you cork his head to one side or raise the arm or some such?

That is so good it is SCARY.

Is there any mobility to it? That is, articulation? Could you cork his head to one side or raise the arm or some such?

The arm with the knife in it can move, but the one holding the machine gun is locked into place. As for the head, it can move forward and back a little, but probably not side to side. I spent a long time trying to get the pose just right so I'll probably be leaving it as is for a while. :word:

That is simply stunning, truly amazing work I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"