The Dark Knight Heath Ledger Tribute in April Issue Empire Magazine

Mikesimus

The Little Pea
Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, so if it has, close the thread, Empire have got a nice tribute to Heath Ledgers work in the upcoming April issue, which i got today in the post. Took a quick photo of the front cover.

DSC01573.jpg

I am not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, so if it has, close the thread, Empire have got a nice tribute to Heath Ledgers work in the upcoming April issue, which i got today in the post. Took a quick photo of the front cover.

DSC01573.jpg

I have the April issue, but it has Iron Man on the front cover (it does contain the Heath Ledger tribute though).
Is that a variant cover?

I have no idea, Hellboy was last months cover, so possibly a variant. It just has still photos from all the movies he has made, and finishes with a shot of the joker, and with each photo is a quote from Ledger. Am sure it will be on there website soon enough.

it's wierd...ive actually watched a couple of his flicks since he's died...and it didnt phase me. like...stars never die...they are forever immortalized as these characters...and J is just another character that will hold him forever in our eyes...

i wanna get that issue, i hope ill be able to find it, the entertainment weekly issue sold out at my school so fast i never even got to glance at it

but i think this may belong in celebrities forum tho, hmm i ono

I'm so sick of hearing about him. It's almost like nothing else has happened that was news worthy since he died

On these boards? Of course there has been almost nothing as newsworthy as this since he dies.

I don't know what news programs in the US say about him.

Beautiful picture. Like probably most people on this board I would have so loved to hear him talk about the Joker and his process to become the character, other than in a few snippets here and there while he was promoting some other movie.

Beautiful picture. Like probably most people on this board I would have so loved to hear him talk about the Joker and his process to become the character, other than in a few snippets here and there while he was promoting some other movie.
I bet there will be some interviews with him on the DVD's bonus material.

No, I'm talkng in the news itself
Don't like it? sorry to hear that. But some of us fans are still greiving in our own ways. And honestly, coming to a Dark Knight thread to say that is..well...stupid. so.... (peace) jog on.

That was uncalled for! :huh:

How? I mean, a great and wonderful man by all accounts died, and its tragic, but how long do we really need to spend scrutinizing everything about his life and his death? This society's obsession with celebrity culture is downright disgusting sometimes, and I can't find fault in someone pointing that out.

That said, the tribute looks fitting, and is definitely in the right place at this point.

yep school shootings and the war on terror are daily occurrenses but i dont think it even is a blip on some peoples radar but a celebrity dies and the world mourns.

go figure.

yep school shootings and the war on terror are daily occurrenses but i dont think it even is a blip on some peoples radar but a celebrity dies and the world mourns.

go figure.
It's the same with any artist.

They die, and the press completely eat it up. It sells; that's why they do it.

it's wierd...ive actually watched a couple of his flicks since he's died...and it didnt phase me. like...stars never die...they are forever immortalized as these characters...and J is just another character that will hold him forever in our eyes...
That's very true.

I don't know what news programs in the US say about him.
We've moved on to the upcoming presidential elections. Nothing on Heath anymore unless it's some celebrity gossip show.

And we're still talking about it here cause there has been nothing new TDK-wise since then.

It was kinda tough to watch his death scene in 'The Patriot.' That made me sad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"