Heavy Metal and The Fifth Element

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Hordakfan, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Hordakfan

Hordakfan Well-Known Member

Did this movie reminded any of those cult classics?

2. rogue trooper

rogue trooper Well-Known Member

I could see certain "shades" of The Fifth Element in stuff like The Collector's look, the "roguish"-characterizations and humor of Corben Dallas and Peter Quill are parallel, and ofcourse, there's the appearance from actor Christopher Fairbanks that kinda' certifies the winks to that film.

As for Heavy Metal, well, both HM and GOTG have a rock-soundtracks from diverse bands. Heavy Metal also had roguish-characters like Harry Canyon and Captain Sternn, much like Peter Quill is. Harry Canyon, the robot from the HM segment "So Beautiful, So Dangerous", and Rocket have similar type of attitude. Den and Drax are both very strong and bald. And ofcourse, Taarna and Gamora are both [email protected] sexy and lethal.

3. Hordakfan

Hordakfan Well-Known Member

Damn right i can see all that.

Id love to see James Gunn do a segment in a new HM movie.

4. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

YES ! I got a massive heavy metal vibe from the first film.
    Mostly due to the music and establishing shots ( especially when they visit Nowhere ) but mostly due to the sense of fun- that neither film took itself too seriously.

5th Element ? Not so much. I think GOTG was what 5E vould have been with a bit less Chris Tucker and a better director.