Heimdall was cast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look like it so far, but anything's possible. Then again, I watched Hulk vs. and I've read a pretty good chunk of Thor's appearances outside his own comic; I'm pretty well used to seeing my hero get crapped on.

remember when they cast Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent? Ruined that whole damn movie I tells ya.

Doesn't look like it so far, but anything's possible. Then again, I watched Hulk vs. and I've read a pretty good chunk of Thor's appearances outside his own comic; I'm pretty well used to seeing my hero get crapped on.

Ohhhhhhhhhh I almost cried when I first watched Hulk Vs.

I was expecting it to be Marvel's answer to "Superman/Doomsday"...but instead they made an EXTREMELY one sided fight

I was expecting it to be Marvel's answer to "Superman/Doomsday"...but instead they made an EXTREMELY one sided fight

I love Deadpool so Hulk Vs was great for me :woot:

Yeah, it was pretty terrible. Wolverine put up a better fight in his half of the movie, which is wrong on so many levels. :facepalm:

Elba is a good actor and I think he will do a great job. Does race really matter? In one version of the character he is black so Marvel is still being true to the comics in a way. I am black and I hate racist people with a passion. I think its the most ignorant thing in the world to judge someone or hate someone solely on the color of their skin. Ugh

Wow I can't believe that is real. Elba as Heimdall is going to be awesome and it looks like from the trailer that his role may actually be bigger than I thought it would be.

Wow I can't believe that is real. Elba as Heimdall is going to be awesome and it looks like from the trailer that his role may actually be bigger than I thought it would be.

I got that same feeling about Heimdall's role after watching the trailer

But most people are not like that. The white supremacist is a minority as ironic as that sounds.

Hey racist scumbags, everything related to Asgard is inspired by the work of Jack Kirby, a jew.

Maybe you should go back to watching Lord of the Rings or 300 with your sister/lover.

Word is Luke Scott is demanding to see Heimdall's birth certificate because he wants proof that he was born in Asgard.

Well, people have right to be upset about Heimdall's casting...

They do indeed. Just as we have a right to not care and watch the movie anyway.

I almost feel sorry for these types of people.

They miss out on a lot of enjoyable things in life because of their prejudices and hatred.

They do indeed. Just as we have a right to not care and watch the movie anyway.
It's not your religion or your people's legends, so yeah.

Not mine either, but I still think it's ****ing stupid. Does it stop me watching the film? No. Might skip it in theaters though, but not because of Elba/Heimdall.

Who? The ''White supremacists''?
Well, anyone who cares and/or is interested in the Norse mythology. I bet there's even black people who are very much into mythologies, and are upset about this casting.

But hey, it's just a comic book summer popcorn movie.
And we have always the comics, which handled the mythology a lot better anyway.

It's not your religion or your people's legends, so yeah.

Not mine either, but I still think it's ****ing stupid. Does it stop me watching the film? No. Might skip it in theaters though, but not because of Elba/Heimdall.
It's nobody's religion at this point. Hasn't been for a very, very long time. We're at a stage now where the myths and legends of older cultures are pretty much fair game as far as fiction is concerned. Unless you think it's equally stupid that non-Greeks have been portraying Greek gods for ages or disrespectful for Neil Gaiman to have recast the Aesir as human beings in American Gods or any number of other reinterpretations of ancient myths. It's not an affront to anyone's cultural traditions; it's a fictional reinterpretation of another fictional reinterpretation that already recast those ancient mythological beings as brightly-colored superheroes having goofy adventures for the past 50 years. But no, once skin color gets involved, then it's all very serious and a terrible insult. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"