Hellboy Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

Looks great. HB looks leaner and meaner.

That's a good way to describe it. Basically a leaner and meaner version of the Perlman look which, given the R rating, is exactly what I hope we're getting. Now, I wonder if they're gonna do anything interesting with the voice, or if it's just gonna be David Harbour using his every day speaking voice.

Well, it seems like casting is just starting to make it to the public, so it's possible. And if The Shape of Water gets the Oscar love they're saying it will, every movie will be trying to get a fish monster into their films. :D

Ha good point. But yeah, hopefully we get casting on Abe soon and he is a bit closer to the comics.

It's still a damn shame GDT never got to finish his trilogy, but this re-boot has done lots right so far.

Ha good point. But yeah, hopefully we get casting on Abe soon and he is a bit closer to the comics.

It's still a damn shame GDT never got to finish his trilogy, but this re-boot has done lots right so far.

Yeah...I love GDT, and these really seemed like a passion project, so I'm sad he didn't get to finish as well. It sounded like he had some really interesting ideas as well, but I'm hopeful that with the R rating this REALLY feels like it's own thing. But honestly, don't be surprised if we get a stunt guy for all the body stuff, and they simply overdub with someone famous ala the first HB.

Yeah...I love GDT, and these really seemed like a passion project, so I'm sad he didn't get to finish as well. It sounded like he had some really interesting ideas as well, but I'm hopeful that with the R rating this REALLY feels like it's own thing. But honestly, don't be surprised if we get a stunt guy for all the body stuff, and they simply overdub with someone famous ala the first HB.

Yeah the way GDT wanted to end it sounds gret, shame we couldn't see it, ihope he reveals more details someday or a comic or something.

Yeah with Abe it wouldn't surprise me, I just hope he is in it and done well.

Yeah the way GDT wanted to end it sounds gret, shame we couldn't see it, ihope he reveals more details someday or a comic or something.

Yeah with Abe it wouldn't surprise me, I just hope he is in it and done well.

I'm just glad they're expanding the BRPD.

Same, would love it if we got a BOARD spin off movie this time as well. The BPRD comics were great.

Also, I need to see Roger on the big screen.

I wanna see Roger and Lobster Johnson, but I think my dream of seeing Bruce Campbell as LJ is long gone. He's just too old now I believe.

i tryed to remove the yellow fire color tint and get more accurate colors.
CuZJEbE.jpg

i tryed to remove the yellow fire color tint and get more accurate colors.
CuZJEbE.jpg

So the one on the left? I like it. It seems to be a much richer red than we had with Perlman. And can I tell you guys how excited I am that Ian McShane is in this? Everything is exponentially better when McShane is involved. :D

I wanna see Roger and Lobster Johnson, but I think my dream of seeing Bruce Campbell as LJ is long gone. He's just too old now I believe.

Yeah Bruce as LJ would have been great, but they needed to do it when Perlman was in the role. Shame

January is a good, non crowded month.

Only thing I prefer about Perlman's Hellboy (looks wise) is the right hand, Harbour's looks almost metallic. Other than that he looks great.

Nice to have a forum.

One of the best endings in a cbm.
[YT]gehoL6fTTkE[/YT]

Nice to have a forum.

I thought it was weird that the thread was in the 'Misc. Films' forum and not 'Misc. Comics Films', but that is now moot.

Only thing I prefer about Perlman's Hellboy (looks wise) is the right hand, Harbour's looks almost metallic. Other than that he looks great.

I asked that earlier if it was just me or did it look like it was metal? It definitely doesn't look like rock. It has the appearance of dirty copper to me, and the rigid lines certainly make it look like metal as opposed to rock.

It came out in April I believe.

Agree with others about the RHOD. I preferred the Perlman Hellboy version of that. Not sure what they are going for with the new one but yeah it does Lookman rather than stone.

I can't wait until this reboot comes out and with a new actor in the role of Hellboy...I wonder if the other characters who were in the original Hellboy series show up in this new reboot

I did wonder if they were pondering just making him a CG character, but I doubt they were granted a huge ass budget.

small budgets have always been the problem with Hellboy movies - and I am sure this one is no different - in other words, no money for the super expensive cgi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"