Hellboy Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

I am reading the script atm. Lots of one liners and humour, it seems like something that the general audience would like. Is it still R rating? Because the only thing that warrants that is horror imagery and gore

How do you get yours hands on all of these scripts Harl?

And yes as far as we know it’s still R rated.

I sincerely have no faith in this. From the lack of any footage, to the January date, to the willingness to cast a white person in a Japanese role in the first place, to Mike not being involved, to what I’m hearing about the script, it just looks like an embarrassing disaster.

Since Mike Mignola co-wrote the screenplay I' am pretty sure he's involved.

Since Mike Mignola co-wrote the screenplay I' am pretty sure he's involved.

Let’s go ask him:

How closely are you involved with the new film?

I’m a weird kind of co-executive producer. I’m not actually sure what my title is, but unlike the del Toro movies, where I was active in pre-production and design, I’m not doing that this time around. When the decision was made to do another movie, I got involved, basically saying, “If you’re going to do that story, don’t do this, or that, change this, and that.” I helped to steer it. Christopher Golden and I did write a couple of drafts of the screenplay and got it on track, and then the decision was made to do a reboot. I really just get questions about how things work, and while I’m not doing a lot, I’ve been talking with the creature-design guy and the makeup guy to get the look of Hellboy and his hand, and things like that.

I like Marshall's other films so I'll probably like this.

Where in the world is the trailer? Best guess at this point is that they'll release it with The Predator.

Where? Maybe at New York Comic-Con? Since that's where the film will hold a panel:

Well, it wouldn't be a movie if people didn't make conclusions without any actual footage to go off of in the first place.

How is there not a trailer and this movie is supposed to come out in January...it makes no sense to me

It’s not Batman or Spider-Man. It’s more niche and so they are probably attaching the trailer to the new Halloween and getting buzz that way instead of the “many months before of many different trailers”.

I am hyped for this, but they have garnered zero hype for this, and it is their fault. Whether it is because its bad or not, it doesn't really matter. They are not helping this movie with this marketing campaign.

'Hellboy' Release Date Pushed Back 4 Months to April 2019

The film's release date has been pushed back to April 12, 2019, Summit Entertainment announced Wednesday. It previously had been set to open Jan. 11, 2019. The new date means Hellboy will open just one week after fellow superhero movie Shazam!from Warner Bros. and DC. That film opens April 5, 2019.

April 12, 2019 already has a few wide releases set to debut, and Hellboy will now square off against Robert Downey Jr.'s The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle from Universal, as well as Fox's Breakthrough (starring Chrissy Metz and Topher Grace) and the YA adaptation After from Aviron Pictures.

Jesus Christ. This thing's gonna suck, isn't it?

I wonder if they expect SHAZAM to tank and hope this will take it's place?

It's only 3 months but we haven't seen a whole lot of activity.

Hopefully that trailer drops next weekend at NYCC.

I never liked the January release date anyway but a push back rarely bodes well, we will see.

Are they sure having it come out the week after Shazam is a good idea? I know DC hasn't had the best track record with their movies, but still...

I mean Hellboy 2 underperformed due to it being released the week before The Dark Knight came out. Not to mention it was a pretty crowded summer that year.

That was the point of my question. I was wondering if they have news that SHAZAM will do bad and so people will be wanting something else to go see the next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"