Hellboy Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen

VS5NZSE.jpg

0j1xa0I.jpg

Posters for this have been awesome, shame the trailer couldn't live up to them.

I was so excited about this until they Thor'ed this film, couldnt finished the trailer :woo

No but is shapping people minds on how a CBM should be :o now the superheroe films are trahsed if it doesnt have lame jokes on it, because is terrible if its too gritty, too dark or too serious, i liked better the tone of the 2 first films, they had them comedy moments but they weren't as bad as the MCU comedy, imo, maybe now im more bitter, who knows :ndd:

Last edited:
Read the script and it looks like it's a faithful adaptation of it. But a very, very cheap one.
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the script is just as cheesedick as this trailer makes it appear to be? That means the hardish R elements they kept promising us (the horror stuff, the really dark aspects we were promised) are NOT present in the script? That is such a HUGE disappointment. I was really hoping that trailer was basically a very minimal representation of how the film was going to be. My thinking was that they present it this way to sell it to the masses, but the film itself was actually going to be this comic accurate, well, I don't wanna say masterpiece, but y'all know what I mean. Plus, now I'm quite sure the film is gonna do rather poorly at the box office which is such a shame considering all the talent behind this thing. I really want Harbour's career to take off. I think he's great with what he does, and I'd hate to see his first front and center gig to do poorly. We all know it's DAMN hard to get back to leading man status when your first go round bombs. Anyone know what the budget for this guy is, and what it's gonna take for it to be deemed a success at least financially?

It's relatively low budgeted from what I recall, around the budget of the first GDT movie maybe?

It's relatively low budgeted from what I recall, around the budget of the first GDT movie maybe?
Which I want to say was around 60 if I remember correctly. That number seems to stick out because I seem to remember thinking that was a good bit more than I was expecting the first go round. Well, BOTH go rounds if they go about 60 for this one too. I was sure they were gonna cut some money down with a very unknown lead except for Stranger Things. They're rocking an amazing cast, but it's more of like a director's cast. Not just a cast of well known people, but actors that can, you know...act... :o

When they said a darker version of Hellboy, from the looks of the trailer it looks like a half-assed attempt to be Marvel and Deadpool and taking the wrong lessons from them and poor choice of soundtrack music.

This movie opens in exactly 2 months and there is zero buzz for it. I think it will be lucky to break $50 million for its total domestic run.

Saw this on Twitter. Apparently he also deleted the tweet.

DzVEEaKWwAAsXR4.jpg

That’s a big assumption that people are talking about this movie.

Reeeaaallly looking forward to this movie. Absolutely love the character. Despite the bad trailer, unrecognisable Harbour etc, I can't wait for this.

I don't understand all the animosity and hate. It went from being one of 2019's most anticipated films, to most hated, in a matter of seconds. It seems mean-spirited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"