Help me get rid of my acne before vacation

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Forever MS, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forever MS Registered

I had a lot of acne over the school year, so on the first day of summer I decided to remove it. This is what I do every day:

1) Wake up, wash face with warm water, lathe it with these detoxifying beads soap thing, rinse off with cool water.

2) After I put my pimple cream on my acne and then put my moisturizer over that.

3) Take one shower in the day. After shower I put on moisturizer.

4) Before I sleep, I wash face with warm water, lathe it with these detoxifying beads soap thing, rinse off with cool water

5)Again put pimple cream on my acne and then put my moisturizer over that

6) Go to sleep with a clean towel over my pillow.

I drink lots of water throughout the day and I'm not that stressed out about anything, and I don't have any allergies. Why is my acne not reducing?

What do you guys do to reduce acne?

Here are my pictures...can someone judge how severe this is and tell me my best course of action?

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/SRS27/d2f9f8ec.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/SRS27/5f543807.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/SRS27/a0f1695a.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/SRS27/b465947a.jpg

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/SRS27/b12028a2.jpg

2. Duke Registered

3. tzarinna Mamochka

What's your diet like?

4. bullets bang bang

I'm definitely not checking those links but I'd recommend oil free acne wash.

5. Norman Bates 12 cabins, 12 vacancies.

Your acne is really not that bad. I had it 1000x worse. I was literally at the point of nothing working for me. Even my diet was drastically altered and it wasn't helping because there was such a bad infection under my skin. Your best bet is visiting your dermatologist. They'll probably give you a prescription for oral medication called minocyclin to kill the infection and a topical cream or two (morning/night). After about 2-3 weeks of the above, my skin was in miracle mode. I had not seen my face clear for about 6 years before that. It was truly amazing. But don't skimp on water and a decent diet. All of these together gave me almost perfectly clear skin.

6. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

a little trick I sometime do whenever I get a really pimple is to dab a little toothpaste on it before going to bed...

don't not rub it all over (cause it can irritate the skin) just a dot on the pimple it self, over night (an make sure its just regular toothpaste)

it works for me... but results may vary
    (so be warned I'v heard some horror story from other people who'v tried it)

I'd suggest just trying it on one or two really bad ones first

this should be more of a last resort

#6 Spider-Fan83, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  7. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

I had it pretty bad myself, especially on my forehead. Had the stupidest huge fringe all through school.

I tried one thing, so simple, and it cleared up within weeks and never came back.

Salt water.

Now, I'm not a doctor. Maybe it was just a coincidence? And the recommandation came from someone online who also said I should chant in front of a mirror while washing my face in it :funny:

But hey, it worked for me. And I guess it makes logical sense. It dries out your oily skin. I certainly don't think it'd hurt to try!

Just use normal salt, poor it in a sink full of warm water, wash your face in it in the morning.

Also, I'd suggest not using so many products. I swear, most of the time they just make it worse.

8. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

There's a product out my old dermatologist recommended called PanOxyl. You can get it in a bar or a foaming wash. Stuff works awesome. Pick it up at a Walgreens, but be careful. Don't use too much because it will definitely dry out your skin. Try it once a day.

9. Lemonadine Registered

Probably you should change your diet, my acne has become much better after I cut down on sweets coffee and fast food. You can also try to use aloe vera juice or gel, I apply it every night before going to bed, it helps for my acne and moreover, it also lightens old acne scars a little bit.

10. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Hmmmm....a brand new member.....who comes to a place called SUPERHEROHYPE!.....the site all about comic books, movies, and superheroes.....and they make their first post in a year old thread about acne.

yep, nothing strange about that.

11. bullets bang bang

Dat acne!

12. THUNDERSTRIKE NOTORIOUS, INGLORIOUS, VICTORIOUS

even superheroes and supervillains get zits...

don't they?...

imagine Wolverine solving your zit problem... :wow:

13. runawayboulder 2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

:mag

And the thread creator was banned........I foresee another notch in your belt good sir.

14. chaseter Esteemed Member

I clicked those links hoping for a hot girl and they were some acne teen boy. Sad.

15. THUNDERSTRIKE NOTORIOUS, INGLORIOUS, VICTORIOUS

sucker... :oldrazz:

16. runawayboulder 2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

Prob got something else too.....

17. chaseter Esteemed Member

18. jacobed Registered

He was banned? Well that was dumb, anyways I'd suggest that new clearasil stuff, man it works

19. Farren Side Kicker

From personal experience I think the best otc item (and really good in general) is anything containing benzoyl peroxide.

It comes as strong as 10%. You can find it at the drugstore in the skincare section. It comes it lots of different brand names (someone mentioned Panoxyl above and I'm pretty sure that's one of them). If you're unsure, just check the back of the container: it will have "benzoyl peroxide" listed as the active ingredient.

It comes in washes, gels, creams. Personally I like the washes, because benzoyl peroxide WILL bleach your clothes/towels. Also, it can cause redness/irritation.

20. Piper Maru Guest

Remember acne? Pepperidge farm remembers.

21. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

instead of creating a thread, he should see a doctor or get recommended to a dermatologist, poor kid, probably has some self esteem issues

22. DeGenerate10 Br Ba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.