Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm a little frustrated by is how seriously Warner Bros are taking the domestic box office, and not the international box office. It's like only North America matters to them, if it doesn't do well there, then they will cancel the DCEU.

Same goes for many studio's 'vision' sadly, that USA is the 'be all and end all'. That is, to me, based on American studios obviously being in the driving seat as leading the way and home 'bank' is something they can build from and not with overseas 'bank'.

In scenarios like the one JL faces, international Box Office is what, I hope at least, saves this film. Ideally, there would be an even spread, many of the 'big' films have that but in this case it's gonna be a 1/3 dom, 2/3 overseas dynamic.

okok, so pains me to say it, but BOF said a month ago it's gonna make 700M-ish and WB knew the score. So here we are. if they expected mid 700M and end up with just over/under 700M, then modifying the plan that was set knowing JL might be in 700Ms should be enough.

Bloggers wanted to blow the thing up (some posters saying #dumpgalgadot lol) based on OW numbers and a 500Ms/sub-600M finish, way to early and rushed to make that kinda decision.

and if even herolee says there are a lot of people praising Cavill, then ya, I wouldn't equate to "a lot of people praise Zack." it's herolee man.

If there's one thing every corporate company is, is they're greedy. Even if JL ends up ~700, they're not dropping films like WW2 which made them over 800 the first go round and lots of acclaim. If Aquaman and Shazam does well, you can bet they'll find their balls again and continue this.

to be fair they probably thought WW was gonna bomb, or at most average, so like a 600M WW and JL 750-800M.

So they ended up around the same if not slightly higher thanks to WW's amazing legs, but JL happened second and last week so all the talk is surrounding scratch the whole thing, typical knee jerk reaction.

the reason I bring this up is because bloggers are saying "should have marketed Henry to boost the b.o." and then "sack Henry because he's the face of this franchise"

The two statements contradict each other, so if Henry's so toxic why would marketing him be the monday night quarterback conclusion.

The other guy is the real problem when it comes to toxic PR with the mainstream/GA

the reason I bring this up is because bloggers are saying "should have marketed Henry to boost the b.o." and then "sack Henry because he's the face of this franchise"

I wouldn't give what bloggers say any weight whatsoever.

The words 'oh, I write a blog for a living'.....guaranteed to send me off the rails. Together with their copy of the Daily Hampstead, mocha whipped frappa**ckingchino & deli bagel lunch. :argh:

to be fair they probably thought WW was gonna bomb, or at most average, so like a 600M WW and JL 750-800M.

So they ended up around the same if not slightly higher thanks to WW's amazing legs, but JL happened second and last week so all the talk is surrounding scratch the whole thing, typical knee jerk reaction.

The two statements contradict each other, so if Henry's so toxic why would marketing him be the monday night quarterback conclusion.

The other guy is the real problem when it comes to toxic PR with the mainstream/GA

The lack of Henry in marketing did backfire, unfortunately. He couldn't do talk show rounds since the fact he was in the film was a 'secret' and they sent Affleck instead to several shows. Anyone from the cast would be better. Henry is such a class, Affleck is the opposite. I think this damaged box office further. They thought they are sending 'biggest' star. Someone like Ray Fisher who is so charming and spoke incredibly eloquently would plug the movie better than this mess.

Henry is not toxic at all, people really like him

The lack of Henry in marketing did backfire, unfortunately. He couldn't do talk show rounds since the fact he was in the film was a 'secret' and they sent Affleck instead to several shows. Anyone from the cast would be better. Henry is such a class, Affleck is the opposite. I think this damaged box office further. They thought they are sending 'biggest' star. Someone like Ray Fisher who is so charming and spoke incredibly eloquently would plug the movie better than this mess.

Henry is not toxic at all, people really like him

The man is an interviewer's wet dream. He is a class act as a man, as an individual, as an actor, as a product of his film.

He has extremely good manners too which in today's world is honestly one of my favorite things in a person

God bless Jason but Henry would never yawn during interview like he did :funny: But it was funny and adorable

From here on out, if I were WB I would make Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill the faces of the DCEU. If anyone can scrub off the stink, it's them. Have them dress up as their characters and visit kids with little time left on earth. Talk about animal welfare, and hope for the homeless. At the end of next year, add Jason Momoa to the roster, and send a strong message about cleaning up the world's oceans. Knowing the three of them, I'm sure they'd be more than delighted to get involved, and it'll make people more excited about DC.

From here on out, if I were WB I would make Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill the faces of the DCEU. If anyone can scrub off the stink, it's them. Have them dress up as their characters and visit kids with little time left on earth. Talk about animal welfare, and hope for the homeless. At the end of next year, add Jason Momoa to the roster, and send a strong message about cleaning up the world's oceans. Knowing the three of them, I'm sure they'd be more than delighted to get involved, and it'll make people more excited about DC.

Henry's actively involved with a conservation venture here in the UK and with military links to help servicemen fallen on tough times. The man is a complete star.

They really need to do this. Help make these people stars. They are so lovely and likable and yet there are lots of people in GA who don't even know Cavill's name even though he has been Superman in 3 movies. I don't know what the hell is WB doing but they have absolute gold over there and they are barely doing anything with it

That... just might be a really awesome thing, both for kids but also for rebranding the Superman image.

That... just might be a really awesome thing, both for kids but also for rebranding the Superman image.

What better way to rebrand Superman than to make the actor Superman in real life.

After my second viewing I have to say the CG over the stache was nowhere near as noticeable in 2D. I wonder if they will touch it up for the Home video release.

I saw the movie for a second time yesterday. I enjoyed it just as much as the first time, however the second time around, I felt, Cavill needed way more screen time.

I noticed how just a few tweaks of scenes were cut out of the film that we saw in trailers, (that missing shot of Central City before Bruce drives with Barry in his car) I was really conscious of it this time. Warner Bros were intentionally trying to make it shorter...stupidly.

The final battle is much like The Avengers. In The Avengers, the final battle goes on for quite a while, just when you were worried it was about to end, you would get more. Justice League's final battle is too short. It needed to be longer, in order to be more epic.

I realize right after Superman's cue moment, it was only a few minutes before the final battle ends.

If you highlight all of Superman's moments in the final battle, it's simply, Superman comes back and punches Steppenwolf, flies off to save civilians, flies back "Is this guy still bothering you" and hits Steppenwolf again, then splits the mother boxes apart from each other with Cyborg...then uses freeze breath on Steppenwolf...and then it's pretty much over.

All of that happened in matter of 5 minutes or less. I think each of these scenes had the potential to make Superman shine in the DCEU just as much as Wonder Woman has, and it did to an extent, but there wasn't enough screen time. Maybe seeing him battle and punching parademons would have helped. An interaction with Aquaman maybe too, as he didn't really have one moment of dialogue with him. They even could have added a scene how Clark was going to get his Clark Kent identity back. The conclusion/epilogue could have been longer. Maybe a scene where we see how the world reacts to Superman's return...he just came back from the dead...come on.

All of Superman's scenes in the final battle were great moments, but very limited. I think if there were more, then it would have given Warner Bros a hint, "Hey, these people actually like Superman, lets give him his own solo movie." Problem is, they are f***ing morons.

It kind of makes me uncomfortable to see some frame suggestions about doing nice things for kids as a means to an end to make people stars or help a film company money. I appreciate that hearts are in the right place, in that I'm sure the idea springs from a genuine desire to make kids happy, but making the focus or objective about helping the films and actors succeed feels icky somehow. I wouldn't want to be a kid or parent of a kid who gets the feeling the actors are there to benefit themselves and are using me or my child for their own personal gain. If they want to do something nice for the kids, it shouldn't be publicized.

Haven't gone to a film twice in the cinema since TDKR but will here if I can contribute to Cavill staying in the role. Having a 2nd viewing tomorrow.

I used to go see films 3 times but I don’t now. I mean I could maybe swayed for one more viewing when it’s near the end of its run but twice is enough for me until the Home Video release.

It kind of makes me uncomfortable to see some frame suggestions about doing nice things for kids as a means to an end to make people stars or help a film company money. I appreciate that hearts are in the right place, in that I'm sure the idea springs from a genuine desire to make kids happy, but making the focus or objective about helping the films and actors succeed feels icky somehow. I wouldn't want to be a kid or parent of a kid who gets the feeling the actors are there to benefit themselves and are using me or my child for their own personal gain. If they want to do something nice for the kids, it shouldn't be publicized.

Agreed. I was gonna call out that post as basically evil corporate speak to promote a movie :funny: I realize people probably didn't think of it that way but ultimately it is a calculated move where the main interest is not the most noble one.

I used to go see films 3 times but I don’t now. I mean I could maybe swayed for one more viewing when it’s near the end of its run but twice is enough for me until the Home Video release.

In Europe going to see a film twice is good enough.

I'll only touch a home video release if it gives me something I want.

I saw the movie for a second time yesterday. I enjoyed it just as much as the first time, however the second time around, I felt, Cavill needed way more screen time.

I noticed how just a few tweaks of scenes were cut out of the film that we saw in trailers, (that missing shot of Central City before Bruce drives with Barry in his car) I was really conscious of it this time. Warner Bros were intentionally trying to make it shorter...stupidly.

The final battle is much like The Avengers. In The Avengers, the final battle goes on for quite a while, just when you were worried it was about to end, you would get more. Justice League's final battle is too short. It needed to be longer, in order to be more epic.

I realize right after Superman's cue moment, it was only a few minutes before the final battle ends.

If you highlight all of Superman's moments in the final battle, it's simply, Superman comes back and punches Steppenwolf, flies off to save civilians, flies back "Is this guy still bothering you" and hits Steppenwolf again, then splits the mother boxes apart from each other with Cyborg...then uses freeze breath on Steppenwolf...and then it's pretty much over.

All of that happened in matter of 5 minutes or less. I think each of these scenes had the potential to make Superman shine in the DCEU just as much as Wonder Woman has, and it did to an extent, but there wasn't enough screen time. Maybe seeing him battle and punching parademons would have helped. An interaction with Aquaman maybe too, as he didn't really have one moment of dialogue with him. They even could have added a scene how Clark was going to get his Clark Kent identity back. The conclusion/epilogue could have been longer. Maybe a scene where we see how the world reacts to Superman's return...he just came back from the dead...come on.

All of Superman's scenes in the final battle were great moments, but very limited. I think if there were more, then it would have given Warner Bros a hint, "Hey, these people actually like Superman, lets give him his own solo movie." Problem is, they are f***ing morons.

Superman's time in the end battle is very limited. Just like the rest of the movie, there just isn't enough substance. Most of the substance was taken out.

I don't think you can have much substance when his scenes were mostly reshoots written at the last minute and most of his story (hinted at in the Knightmare sequence) was altered.

So Superman's scenes "kind of" work and you see what they are going for, but upon closer inspection you just realise that there's not much there.

Whilst i appreciate what you're saying, i think it works both ways. Way i look at it, kids worship these characters on screen, if a kid has a visit from superman, the superman on tv, the joy it would bring. To not only themselves but the family and people involved.
It also makes actors realise the depth and role they can have - also - it helps hammer home that this is an iconic character.

Why is it, at xmas the majority of people all want to help out and do more - to feel good about themselves - well, isn't that just the inner voices trying to get over the guilt trip? who knows.

Sure, during a promo of a movie - hospital visits look shallow - but all year round, off season, it looks like an extension of being that character.

Sports stars do it - is that corporate greed?

So i think it's a great idea to really show that it's not just an acting job.. it's a lifestyle. But i feel Cavill more than anyone is aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"