Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Just curious. Will this sting more once Batfleck is confirmed to still be Batman, if them rumors are legit?

Dude, Batfleck is gone, the sooner you accept it the less hair you'll lose.

Meh, I honestly think superman could benefit from atleast a 5 yr break to wash over the stink from the Snyder films. There was a 7 yr break between SR and MOS and it benefited MOS greatly (as reflected by the film's massive opening weekend), so I'm totally ok with not seeing another superman until 2023 or 24 as long as we get a good film worthy of the character instead the piles of crap (SR, MOS and BvS) that we got saddled with.

Just curious. Will this sting more once Batfleck is confirmed to still be Batman, if them rumors are legit?

There's only so much annoyance, irritation and stinging one can take before things become numb. It's like getting snapped in the chest by a thick rubber band repeatedly. Sure it hurts like bad place at first but once the welts spread and the skin breaks, eventually shock sets in and nothing feels.

Us Supes fan will live, but starve through other fans' spotlight. It's the only thing we can do. /Drama.

Us Supes fan will live, but starve through other fans' spotlight. It's the only thing we can do. /Drama.
I will never be a live-action movie -only fan.

I will never be a live-action movie -only fan.

Oh yeah, no doubt. That's what this forum basically is to me. There's more than enough Superman out there in other genre to keep my Superman fix well intact. I got a mancave filled with top to bottom collectibles and going to hunker down and watch the Reign that's about to hit stores.

Theres no way Ben is coming back. I mean its beyond obvious at this point. Only reason Ben is keeping quiet is because WB is asking him to so to not throw more bad PR their way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben agrees for one last movie as per his contract. If that happens, it would be in current DCEU time line as a guest role, giving WB more time to look for a suitable replacement.

Theres no way Ben is coming back. I mean its beyond obvious at this point. Only reason Ben is keeping quiet is because WB is asking him to so to not throw more bad PR their way.
Idk, Ben is looking pretty trim as of late. I hope he and Henry both return. A proper Batman film/trilogy with Ben and Reeves would be off the charts.

Idk, Ben is looking pretty trim as of late. I hope he and Henry both return. A proper Batman film/trilogy with Ben and Reeves would be off the charts.
I doubt Reeves wants Ben Affleck for his movies, most probably Reeves will cast some young upcoming actor who we haven't discussed here. His movies are set in past.

Edit: The problem is WB seems to have given Reeves too much control and creative freedom, to add to the problems, Reeves himself is not coming across as a team player.

Last edited:
Ben is no way going to sign up for 3 more movies. He came onboard to do Zack’s 2-3 movies and thats it. After this whole thing debacle hes not gonna dedicate anothrr decade of his life to this when theres other things he could be doing that dont involve studio medding.

I doubt Reeves wants Ben Affleck for his movies, most probably Reeves will cast some young upcoming actor who we haven't discussed here. His movies are set in past.

Edit: The problem is WB seems to have given Reeves too much control and creative freedom, to add to the problems, Reeves himself is not coming across as a team player.

This is the same feeling I am getting as well. Since Ben welcome Matt Reeves to the Batcave (tweet), I have not seen anything official from Matt regarding Ben. :ebr:

“Thanks for welcoming me to the bat cave. Now leave.”

Rumored Supergirl pitch from reddit:

The film was pitched as a sort of a period piece, taking place over the span of a few decades with half of the film taking place in space and the other half on Earth, before the arrival of Superman and up until modern day. With Brainiac as the main villain.

Sounds cool IF true.

Rumored Supergirl pitch from reddit:

The film was pitched as a sort of a period piece, taking place over the span of a few decades with half of the film taking place in space and the other half on Earth, before the arrival of Superman and up until modern day. With Brainiac as the main villain.

Sounds cool IF true.
then they have to cast Blake Lively
no other way around it

then they have to cast Blake Lively
no other way around it

We've been through this before, bald man. Lilly James for either Batgirl or Supergirl. In a perfect world tho, Jane Levy would be Batgirl and James Supergirl.

tumblr_pkwwdz2TnN1qlrawao5_400.gif

I wonder if the Flash does get pushed back, could that reopen the door for Superman?!

I wonder if the Flash does get pushed back, could that reopen the door for Superman?!
At this point ther's no doubt that WB have messed up the schedule for Flash movie, and just green-lighting a low budget Birds of Prey movie after Wonder Woman 84 is laughable.

It also amusing that people like Toby Emmerich are not willing to admit that DCEU is the most profitable franchise that they currently have and it needs to be taken seriously, lack of development on main characters like Flash, Superman, Batman (in current time-line) is just odd.

Looking at low to medium budget projects like Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2 is giving the impression that the recent DCEU movies have performed like X-Men movies, when in reality -

MoS $668 M
BvS $873 M
SS $746 M
WW $821 M
JL $658 M
AM $1,037 M

are huge B.O. numbers, much better than those posted by Fantastic Beasts or Godzilla-monsterverse or even Conjuring franchise they have.

It will open the door for Barry's favorite kryptonian (you get the reference if you watched the CW crossover)

Haha I do ;)

At this point ther's no doubt that WB have messed up the schedule for Flash movie, and just green-lighting a low budget Birds of Prey movie after Wonder Woman 84 is laughable.

It also amusing that people like Toby Emmerich are not willing to admit that DCEU is the most profitable franchise that they currently have and it needs to be taken seriously, lack of development on main characters like Flash, Superman, Batman (in current time-line) is just odd.

Looking at low to medium budget projects like Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens, Suicide Squad 2 is giving the impression that the recent DCEU movies have performed like X-Men movies, when in reality -

MoS $668 M
BvS $873 M
SS $746 M
WW $821 M
JL $658 M
AM $1,037 M

are huge B.O. numbers, much better than those posted by Fantastic Beasts or Godzilla-monsterverse or even Conjuring franchise they have.

Why is it laughable green lighting a low budget BOP movie? It’s a Harley Quinn headliner, that’s a no brainer it will be pure profit.

I don’t think it all comes down to the money though. Without MOS, BvS and then SS the movies we’re on a downward trend with critics and I think they knew if they kept doing that that eventually people wouldn’t show up for more. JL was a victim of BvS and SS’s reactions. I think to take a step back and allow things to proceed the way they are was smart.

I get what you’re saying without FB but I think its doing well enough that they want to see the franchise through. Plus it’s not like they need the Flash when they have other characters so waiting on him with Ezra doing the next FB makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"