Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Michael Green did rewrites on The Jungle Cruise for the Rock and The Garcia Co. I was always interested in him writing Superman. He is one of the few writers with a professional track record such as Logan and Blade Runner2049 plus experience writing Superman in comics and live action with Smallville. If I'm Garcia I would tap him to write the script and take one last long shot and throw a hail Mary.

wait didn't he write the search for kryptonite? I really liked that story arc and his superman was interesting and intelligent.

That’ll always be a thing no matter what, every time you change actors. It’s nothing worth worrying about. Most people just want good movies.

General audiences want good products regardless whether they stick with the proven aces or reboot their aces, I prefer them to stick with the proven stars if they do a team up within 10 years, but we will see what path they take

wait didn't he write the search for kryptonite? I really liked that story arc and his superman was interesting and intelligent.
Yes. He did. He also wrote Murder on the Orient Express for Kenneth Branagh and helped developed American Gods for TV. As well as Season One of Smallville. Those episodes had the usual freak of the week plots but I found his characterizations well done and liked the natural interaction he wrote between the characters.

Yes. He did. He also wrote Murder on the Orient Express for Kenneth Branagh and helped developed American Gods for TV. As well as Season One of Smallville. Those episodes had the usual freak of the week plots but I found his characterizations well done and liked the natural interaction he wrote between the characters.
I think you've unearthed a good/great candidate.

So in theory, they could actually, if they wanted to, start a reboot that functions as a continuation of the franchise we have now.

A la FIRST CLASS/DAYS OF FUTURE PAST you could treat THE BATMAN as a soft reboot and play at Reeve's Batman being a younger version of the character in a more grounded setting, until when he eventually crosses over with other heroes, it is revealed that nope, this is actually an alternate timeline/Earth/universe. At which point the other franchises would likely be wrapping up...at which point you could bring Gadot, Mamoa, and whoever else is still around into his universe in a CRISISesque swansong...

...at which point Robert Pattinson's friend Ben Affleck could stop by to wish him luck.

Ok, so probably watching too many X-Men movies lately...

It's more likely that by the time Pattinson is done with this Batman franchise, he'll be old enough to convincingly play "old, veteran Batman" in a larger DC Universe, or they'll just recast.

So in theory, they could actually, if they wanted to, start a reboot that functions as a continuation of the franchise we have now.

A la FIRST CLASS/DAYS OF FUTURE PAST you could treat THE BATMAN as a soft reboot and play at Reeve's Batman being a younger version of the character in a more grounded setting, until when he eventually crosses over with other heroes, it is revealed that nope, this is actually an alternate timeline/Earth/universe. At which point the other franchises would likely be wrapping up...at which point you could bring Gadot, Mamoa, and whoever else is still around into his universe in a CRISISesque swansong...

...at which point Robert Pattinson's friend Ben Affleck could stop by to wish him luck.

Ok, so probably watching too many X-Men movies lately...

It's more likely that by the time Pattinson is done with this Batman franchise, he'll be old enough to convincingly play "old, veteran Batman" in a larger DC Universe, or they'll just recast.

So an almsot parallel multiverse? I think there comes a time where they just say, R-patz is a new universe, anything that comes after, if different actors, is linked to that, the old guard is DCEU

I think you've unearthed a good/great candidate.
Thanks. I've thought about him a while ago and he popped back into my head when I read he did rewrites on The Rock's Jungle Cruise which is produced by Garcia. It won't happened but I think he's a good candidate. He's not perfect. No one is. Some will point out The Green Lantern screenplay but I'm not putting all of that on him. He was one of three writers with Berlanti and Guggenheim and supposedly their first draft wasn't bad. There could have been any number of factors that turned the film into a mess. He is one of the few professional screenwriters experienced with Superman who has a somewhat successful track record. That's why I bring him up as opposed to other comic book writers. He is part of the Hollywood industry, knows Geoff Johns, has written for WB previously.
He actually wrote the episode of Smallville where young Amy Adams plays a silly villain.

I mean, they clearly thought about parallell universes already, what with the "future" events of BVS and FLASHPOINT on the table.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman will eventually move on in some capacity, and Pattinson will be a veteran Batman with a different set of leaguers. most likely. Which could work. But if they really want to make THE FLASH and GREEN LANTERN into a franchise, continue Shazam's story and bring Superman back into the fold, I don't see why it would have to be a total reboot. THE NEW GODS suggests that they aren't abandoning everything being connected.

I feel like I'm the only person here terrified by the idea of an Abrams Superman.

I feel like I'm the only person here terrified by the idea of an Abrams Superman.

You'd be totally forgiven for thinking that, after all Abrahams's flyby scripts had a lot of iffy things in 'em but I felt that he got superman right, which is what matters most. Also from some of his old interviews it seems that he learned not to mess with the source material just for the sake of doing something different.

Not really. I hated JJ's version of ST the moment he blew up planet Vulcan for no good reason. Also, his script for Superman sucked.Still looking at the state Superman franchise is right now, it needs a director who could help the franchise.

If JJ can get Superman popular, I'm willing to take the risk.

Superman doesn't need JJ or anyone else to make him popular, the character is still one of the most popular fictional characters around, however he desperately needs someone to get him right on the big screen.
Imagine if JJ could reinvigorate Startrek, Starwars and Superman, he'd be a pop culture god.

Not really. I hated JJ's version of ST the moment he blew up planet Vulcan for no good reason. Also, his script for Superman sucked.Still looking at the state Superman franchise is right now, it needs a director who could help the franchise.

If JJ can get Superman popular, I'm willing to take the risk.

At what price?

Odds are Abrams wouldn't be writing Superman at this point. All of his big franchise projects are written by someone else. Now if you don't like him as a director then it's unlikely you would enjoy his Superman. I don't necessarily look at Abrams as a great craftsman, technically skilled director but I usually enjoy his films overall. So I'm all for it.

Right now, the character needs someone who can make a big, crowd pleasing blockbuster that connects with audiences. Abrams isn't my favorite director on the planet, but he can do that no problem.

I get why certain fans consider Abrams a nightmarish possibility, but many would say the current position the character is in is already a nightmare scenario.

It seems to me that most of the failed projects directors wanted to reinvent the wheel with superman.

Red underwear, nope.

Says things like gee or golly? 86 that.

Actully likes and is proud of his powers?
Nope, he needs to be mopey, dark.

A lot of it is the time period. The whole grittier "modern" Superman was the take they were looking for in the 90s and early 2000s with Superman Lives and other stuff of that nature. They were very obsessed with the notion that Superman was outdated and needed to be modernized for today's audiences.

Part of Singer convincing them to go for the nostalgia route (which didn't prove anymore successful, ironically) reportedly involved him pointing out just how stupid many of the ideas they had been kicking around were. He apparently would bring a picture of the Nic Cage Superman costume test and use that as a warning of how badly they nearly went off the rails.

hr3Mfw1.png

WB shouldn't have asked Burton to make a Superman movie in first place.

Actully likes and is proud of his powers?
Nope, he needs to be mopey, dark.

For clarification, Snyder's Superman didn't hate his powers and wasn't ashamed of them. He was just worried about how a powerful person like him could destabilize the world and therefore do more harm than good. Pride isn't the key to any of this. Even in the Donner film, Jor-El lectures his son about vanity. Superheroes like Superman, and people in real life, can like who they are yet struggle to fit into a world that doesn't feel the same way. I think we can allow people like that to be upset in the face of such challenges, and I think we can give a teenager (14 year old Clark) a break for being like most teens and just wanting to be like his peers for a bit before maturing into someone who, at 17, was ready to do so much more with his life and powers that, as Jonathan rightly predicted, he came to see as a blessing.

WB shouldn't have asked Burton to make a Superman movie in first place.

"People liked this take on one thing, so clearly they'll like it here too!" is apparently a problem Hollywood's had forever.:funny:

to be fair WB doesn't have the contractual obligation to make any more Superman films like, forever now, so I'm totally game for JJ to take over and kick start this character again.

Remember this guy is likely gonna make Superman a billion dollar property and a tone of goodwill from critics and the mainstream press/public.

Then whoever takes over the sequels etc have a lot more room and less pressure to work with, unlike now, where nobody wants to take Sup lol, just think of when 5-6 directors passed Nolan's offers, it's goddamn Chris Nolan!

Limbo forever or kick start by a director that majority of moviegoers/fans are happy with? Not a hard choice really

But I think most likely he's gonna produce it to get it off the ground, I was listening to a podcast last night which I shall not name lol, and someone suggested he should do Flash, because GLC is too obvious and Flash/multiverse/time travel could be quite interesting coming from someone like JJ, and would be great for the character too

I just want a superman movie audiences connect with and by doing that.... give the audience what they know and like about the character.

Fun in the office as he has a secret identity - we have light hearted moments trying to avoid being noticed (leaving/coming back, where was he?)

Fun relationship with lois - is she opening up to clark or is it just superman she wants?

Jimmy Olsen giving the younger audience some tether.

Action, seeing citizens in peril - believing a man can fly.

Glorious day shots, sun light.

America at its best, smallvile, farm community - good hearted nostalgia.

A home made suit...... why? Well, in Dc world they have comics and super heroes in print look like that, so lana, his mum help him create a super hero suit to be that person - plus it's so garish it is distracting from clark.

A superman movie should leave you with butterflies, not heart burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"