Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

All the talk of modern and relevant and yet there were elements of MOS that could've been a pretty good blueprint for that. They blew it. Snyder. WB. All of them made mistakes wasting a wonderful opportunity. No going back now.

I just want WB to go forward and not double down on their stupidity by putting the character on ice. We've been through that before.

Did Gothamites have to love Batman during BB so that we could accept the premise of TDK? I think it's a dumb argument to claim that forwarding the story by a certain time without showing that passage of time reduces the value and quality of the sequel's story. TDK happened like what a maximum of 1 year after BB and the movie explicitly showed that Batman was both loved and scorned by people, which is a template followed by BvS. We didn't even get to see him become this beloved hero that the police trust, only through dialogue and quick establishing scenes. Yet we accept the premise of TDK. The movie is also considered the greatest in the genre too.

The way I see it, the parallels of Nolan and Snyder are quite similar, though a bit different in execution, but nevertheless similar in both structure.

BB - ends with Batman saving Gotham
MoS - ends with Superman saving Metropolis and Earth

Time skip:
BB to TDK - Months to a year
MoS to BvS - 2 years

TDK - Batman is both a beloved and hated figure as shown in the establishing scenes
BvS - Superman is both a beloved and hated figure as shown in the establishing scenes

The time skip in BvS was done flawlessly by retconning Batman as a 20 year veteran. MoS2 is not necessary before a Batman and Superman story, a versus or team up movie, but it can be done anyway.

Batman and Superman are different characters. Batman operates in the shadows as a vigilante urban myth whereas Superman is a hero for the whole world who are aware of his existence.

Then there’s the plots of TDK and BvS. They’re very different, TDK is about the Joker causing chaos whereas BvS is Lex Luthor’s plot to tear down this Superman whose (mostly) beloved by the people.

Yeah you probably could have done it in one movie if you’d done a different type of story where Superman and Batman team up. But the way the film is presented you have to show us Superman the hero first and they don’t. Even when they try they present it in a dour way, which makes you think this Superman doesn’t even like being Superman. It’s about the execution.

I would have liked to have seen a Henry Cavill Superman movie as he was in the last few scenes of MOS. He got cheated of that. So did some of us. Even if some deal were cut it is real tough to regain momentum. Rebooting without an origin if my first choice. Henry's return is my second.

Travis Knight is now available. Have Abrams produce, Knight directs, Corenswet stars. Superman gets his fresh start.

I would have liked to have seen a Henry Cavill Superman movie as he was in the last few scenes of MOS. He got cheated of that. So did some of us. Even if some deal were cut it is real tough to regain momentum. Rebooting without an origin if my first choice. Henry's return is my second.

Travis Knight is now available. Have Abrams produce, Knight directs, Corenswet stars. Superman gets his fresh start.

I’d be down, my first choice though is Cavill comes back. I don’t care if the supporting cast return with him but I want Cavill back. If not though and it’s Corenswet I’ll be down cause the character will always be first & foremost for me.

Softboot with Henry.
You have your Superman.
You have your world.
You have a clean slate and you have the same actors excluding Ben. Henry's Superman can continue solo like everyone else and doesn't have to be with Ben's Batman anymore, etc.

Though, I still want a true WORLD'S FINEST someday.

Reboot doesn't mean origin or starting from scratch. It means diving right in but giving the next director the flexibility to change whatever he or she likes. Maybe they want Lois not to know his secret identity. Maybe they want Jonathan alive and living into his elderly years. Maybe they want Lex Luthor running for president. You do move on, sometimes even easier than a patchwork version just to shoehorn Henry or this current version back.

Yeah reboot like tom holland's spider-man, no origin story again

I want the new supes in Battinsons universe if possible

Ah so long as there's no origin story again then I'm good. Would love it if they brought back the MoS costume as well.

As far as mixing universes though, I'd rather wait and see how Battinson and whatever they end up doing with Supes actually work out. I've just been burned too many times and I'm not just talking about DC.

All the talk of modern and relevant and yet there were elements of MOS that could've been a pretty good blueprint for that. They blew it. Snyder. WB. All of them made mistakes wasting a wonderful opportunity. No going back now.

I just want WB to go forward and not double down on their stupidity by putting the character on ice. We've been through that before.

Get out of my head lol

They really can’t leave Superman on ice again. As you said they’ve been there before and it was stupid.

Ah so long as there's no origin story again then I'm good. Would love it if they brought back the MoS costume as well.

As far as mixing universes though, I'd rather wait and see how Battinson and whatever they end up doing with Supes actually work out. I've just been burned too many times and I'm not just talking about DC.

I will never understand why they changed but the suit in BVS. The MOS suit was near perfection, yeah maybe a tweak to the colours but the \S/ shield was damn perfect

Eh, I wouldn’t say it needed to be anything. Films to me should just be whatever the director envisions them to be. Of course that means I won’t like every flick, but I can still respect them for being genuine efforts. Ultimately just depends on what you want from your movies though.
it's about what the studio wants, ultimately... $$$

it's about what the studio wants, ultimately... $$$

I get that. Just hire the guy that aligns with your money moves though. Don’t bring in a niche filmmaker and try to edit him into a four quadrant crowed pleaser.

I’ll never blame Snyder for making the movies WB hired him to make. The studio should have had the foresight.

I get that. Just hire the guy that aligns with your money moves though. Don’t bring in a niche filmmaker and try to edit him into a four quadrant crowed pleaser.

I’ll never blame Snyder for making the movies WB hired him to make. The studio should have had the foresight.

yup. i just recently watched sucker punch for the first time.

and i was thinking while watching it...what made WB think this was the right guy to make a mainstream dc cinematic universe?? lol

hire snyder to make your weird elseworld tales or your bizarre cult movies - things he is great at.

but from a business perspective, it's a bit perplexing they hired him to make their tentpole world's finest movie.

yup. i just recently watched sucker punch for the first time.

and i was thinking while watching it...what made WB think this was the right guy to make a mainstream dc cinematic universe?? lol

hire snyder to make your weird elseworld tales or your bizarre cult movies - things he is great at.

but from a business perspective, it's a bit perplexing they hired him to make their tentpole world's finest movie.

Lol exactly. I think WB wanted to set themselves apart and just went full tf out with their two biggest IPs. Then when they saw it they realized they couldn’t sell it after all. Or didn’t know how at least.

I genuinely would not be surprised if copious amounts of blow were involved in some of those exec meetings.

ENUZhY4WoAA6HHw

ENUZiQRXsAAQmmq

If only they had given him just MOS, with an outline of where they wanted to go - giving him free reign was their down fall. I will forever remember walking out after MOS thinking 'the sequel will be epic' as they literally set him up in that movie to be this modern Superman with hints of everything we wanted. Was i happy with MOS? In parts - it wasn't perfect, but it set the scene.
WB rushed it.

she turned 18 this past september.
he in the clear.
i looked it up.
all you cavill fans need not worry...

as a straight male, i actually don't know who i'd rather bang out of those two..

Depends on whether you want to bang or to be banged I guess

I've said a thousand times, but if you have to do something approaching an origin, knock it out of the way in the opening credits.

6a00d8341c2df453ef015392601426970b-500wi

Yeah I agree there, Incredible Hulk it.

Reactions: MbJ
I've always wanted an intro to a superman movie/reboot where they show us a stylised comic origin - superman returns almost did it.. courtesy of Chew Chan. Then i wanted each sequel to start with a re cap of the previous - i always felt that was important, to respect the source material, comics. If it made a new comic reader/fan, then job done.

chewchan.jpg

Lol exactly. I think WB wanted to set themselves apart and just went full tf out with their two biggest IPs. Then when they saw it they realized they couldn’t sell it after all. Or didn’t know how at least.

I genuinely would not be surprised if copious amounts of blow were involved in some of those exec meetings.

WB is a studio that prides itself on separating from the pact. They wanted to be different and they said it over and over again at the beginning how they can't be like Marvel. Snyder is your perfect director to have that stylish visualization that is indeed, distinct and different.

WB basically triple guessed themselves and got spooked in the middle of BvS. They essentially pulled the plug on the whole universe and tried covering it up. They cut off their face to spite their nose and gave into the critical backlash but yet, still wanted to rack in MCU money while in the middle of damaging their product with closterphobic expectations.

In hindsight, WB/DC should have just continued their solo universe's, bang out a black label and subtly tie in films if they ever so wanted. I think they found their footing. Moral to the story: Don't be like Marvel. Just learn from them from what you do BEST as a studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"