Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Is anything actually part of the "DCEU"? Everything seems so disconnected, random and in their own world

Yeah, it's all a cluster****. But that's their fault, their lack of vision, and their lack of proper planning.

They played a rushed game of catch-up trying to slap together their own answer to The Avengers after not doing anything to set it up for all the years Marvel was already churning out movies. It's like they just suddenly noticed one day that the MCU existed, years later.

I really wish they'd just give up on any kind of shared universe entirely. I'm completely disinterested in shared universes at this point. That'll never happen, but it would be for the best creatively.

“Individually executed, but centrally connected”. Some films will look to interact with one another and others won’t. They don’t have to do one or the other.

They set up Flash in a TV show a year ago. Multiple films have series attached. Multiple characters are looking to crossover. They certainly have plans. I don’t really have a problem with it.

It’s not like each film will affect the next, but it all being in the same world gives them room to make money with crossovers like Flash or whatever else.

If they use their imagination, I don’t see the big issue. They’ll potentially be offering a **** ton of actual variety within the genre.

I wish they had included this scene in MoS.

ezgif-5-1add6de63846.gif

#Releasethebicyclecut

At least MOS, BvS to Justice League should be in its own shared-universe. I don't mind if the other films are separate. It might make for a good story for a potential multiverse film. Well I can only wish, but sure that's highly unlikely. You could almost consider Aquaman to be different from the one in Justice League. Different eye-color, and different suit. Wonder Woman somehow had a brighter and more colorful armor suit in WW84 in between 1917 and BvS. And Flash is getting another suit.

But the X-Men series. They say each film is in the same universe, yet there are so many inconsistencies in the film series which pissed me off. The directors didn't collaborate with each other. I thought it was stupid and irresponsible. You had some of the same mutant characters rewritten in another film. One was evil, the other wasn't. I thought they had confirmed that X-Men Origins: Wolverine was no longer canon. So many errors, not to mention in Days of Future Past, which was one-part a continuation of X-Men: The Last Stand, and one-part continuation of First Class--meaning Charles was bald and physically walking before he ended up paralyzed, but in First Class...Charles had hair when Erik paralyzed him.

Okay, but as far as the X-Men franchise was concerned, I'm not concerned about that with the current DC films.

I really wish they'd just give up on any kind of shared universe entirely. I'm completely disinterested in shared universes at this point. That'll never happen, but it would be for the best creatively.
They told us they were doing exactly that back when they were high off Aquaman's success. They actually stood by their word because none of the movies that have recently come out have anything to do with each other

You're gonna tell me BOP and WW84 are in the same universe? Nah

They are in the same world though lol just because they don’t look alike or impact one another doesn’t mean they aren’t in the same world.

And they actually want out of their way to make references to other characters in the last couple of films within the shared universe. The films didn’t have much to do with one another, but they were being tongue and cheek anyway.

I think some are reading into the vermicular a lot. They don’t have to do a shared universe OR solo/contained films. The Batman and TSS can come out and only affect their respective shows, practically contained stories, while Flash may affect somethings but not others, and Black Adam & Shazam can crossover, but that’s nothing to do with Aquaman 2 although they’re in the same world.

It doesn't bother me, if there's some line in the movie that contradicts some events that happened in other movie, just ignore it as the line will not be integral to the story.

Thing is, DC doesn't have a Super Producer like Feige to interconnect everything cohesively, and even he cannot do it flawlessly without any discrepancies.

For instance, did Nick Fury lost his eye in WW2 fight or after Carol Danver's Cat's attack ?
If agent Coulson is still alive, where was he during Civil War ? There are many more..

Last edited:
It doesn't bother me, if there's some line in the movie that contradicts some events that happened in other movie, just ignore it as the line will not be integral to the story.

Thing is, DC doesn't have a Super Producer like Feige to interconnect everything cohesively, and even he cannot do it flawlessly without any discrepancies.

For instance, did Nick Fury lost his eye in WW2 fight or after Carol Danver's Cat's attack ?
If agent Coulson is still alive, where was he during Civil War ? There are many more..

MCU Nick Fury wasn’t alive during WWII.

OK but fury gave some other reason for losing his eye in Avengers, so it wasn't in some War ? I thought fury was older than he looks.

If I remember correctly, the way he told the story about losing his eye in Avengers was all badass sounding and mysterious but in Cpt Marvel, he lost his eye to a fricking alien cat.

Wait, I thought the explanation was in Winter Soldier. Where Fury told Cap that last time he trusted someone, he lost an eye? I forget if it came up in The Avengers, too.

Wait, I thought the explanation was in Winter Soldier. Where Fury told Cap that last time he trusted someone, he lost an eye? I forget if it came up in The Avengers, too.

I think you maybe right. Might be in WS.

At least, I remember this moment. If there's a similar moment in The Avengers, I must've missed it.

Birds of Prey, as standalone as it was, still acknowledges Suicide Squad and has a gag that exists pretty much solely as a callback to it (the Captain Boomerang poster). There's nothing in it indicating it's in a separate continuity, it just doesn't go out of its way to have something as blatant as the Batman cameo in Suicide Squad or the infamous email scene in BVS. In fact that's the case for most of the recent movies. Shazam references BVS, MOS and Justice League, and we know the original plan was for Henry to cameo as Superman near the end (and even though he didn't, the faceless stand-in is still clearly wearing the Cavill Superman outfit). And we know the original plan on The Suicide Squad was to recast Deadshot when Will Smith said no, but they decided to rewrite the role into a different character instead.

The only one that actually raises questions is WW1984, but even the first WW was already soft retconning stuff from the earlier films.

Last edited:
The Margot stuff is so far connected to each other. Everything else post Josstice League feels connected to that movie. Nothing else feels connected to Snyder’s movies. DC moved on from Snyder’s continuity in 2017. Hence “restore the Snyderverse” but i’m pretty sure WB doesn’t care.

Birds of Prey, as standalone as it was, still acknowledges Suicide Squad and has a gag that exists pretty much solely as a callback to it (the Captain Boomerang poster). There's nothing in it indicating it's in a separate continuity, it just doesn't go out of its way to have something as blatant as the Batman cameo in Suicide Squad or the infamous email scene in BVS. In fact that's the case for most of the recent movies. Shazam references BVS, MOS and Justice League, and we know the original plan was for Henry to cameo as Superman near the end (and even though he didn't, the faceless stand-in is still clearly wearing the Cavill Superman outfit). And we know the original plan on The Suicide Squad was to recast Deadshot when Will Smith said no, but they decided to rewrite the role into a different character instead.

The only one that actually raises questions is WW1984, but even the first WW was already soft retconning stuff from the earlier films.

Yup BOP very much follows on from Squad, heck it’s even got footage from that film in among other things like the Boomerang poster & Harley acknowledging she knows him. It’s why I laughed when Bill at Batman on Film said you can see the SS connections if you squint your eyes. I’m like they’re blatantly in front of you.

Shazam is also very connected to the DCEU, from the imagery with the articles to the stuff Freddy has to that headless Superman cameo. Even though it’s not Cavill it’s still his Superman.

Also I’m glad they didn’t reacts Deadshot in TSS. I still think they might bring him back if they do a 3rd film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"