Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

As for "Mopey Superman" argument that some like to bring up, how did you guys liked mopey Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk ? Was he same mopey Bruce Banner / Hulk in Thor Ragnarok or Endgame ? There is a thing called as character progression.

I know we cannot compare Superman with Hulk, but my point is, in sequels (or followup movies) one can always make the character lighter in tone, it's no justification to not green-light a sequel.

Now that I think about it more, Henry's Superman is to "Justice League" on what Bucky Barnes/Winter Solider was to "CA:TWS". Both characters had limited dialogs and interactions with other characters, yet their actions were felt throughout the whole movie.

And were also the villain/not-really-villain of the piece? *eg*

The only reason Marvel has a Feige is because Marvel was their own independent movie studio that was just later acquired by a bigger company, who still allows them to operate autonomously. DC has never been a movie studio. They are a brand of IP's that has been owned by a movie studio for 40+ years, along with many others. There's no place for a Feige at the table. His role does not exist within that structure. The WB/DC relationship is not comparable to Marvel/Disney's. Anybody put in charge of DC's films still can't do anything without WB's constant input/interference/approval, and WB as a studio is simultaneously overseeing a lot more movies and IP's beyond whatever DC's latest is doing. DC films ain't their whole world - they're just a small part of it - so they will never get the focus they would need to create a Marvel-esque interconnected universe as long as this is structure of their corporation. I mean, there's a reason movie franchises had been around for decades and no one had even come close to doing what Marvel did with them - the existence of Marvel Studios itself is the anomaly. An established brand of hundreds of IP's that creates its own movie studio to produce movies based only on its own universe/products and is actually successful enough in doing so to be acquired by one of the Big Five and pretty much left to their own devices? Wild. I agree it would be great for DC to have a Feige, but that's just not a realistic/likely scenario in their reality. Not to mention how rare a Feige type of executive is to begin with.

And while in theory WB could create a specific studio subdivision to handle just the DC stuff, ala Marvel Studios. . . in practice there is no way it could happen. It would require wrestling away too much IP and too many resources from all the existing execs and studios within their panoply. Every character, middle manager, or room full of cameras already "belongs" to someone within the corporate hierarchy, and they won't give them up without a fight.

DC Films ain’t their own studio. They are a division of WB Pictures. They have no autonomy. They are not to WB what Marvel Studios is to Disney. Nobody could be a Feige there, no matter how often that role gets replaced.

I know. I was just responding to the post above mine about WB creating a subdivision.

Compared to how Cavill looked at the opening of JL this lip job is a work of art, but honestly atleast Superman is interacting with someone here, he actually "spoke", which is something that Snyder seems to want to avoid at all costs.

Yeah and the 30 mins that were cut were almost entirely Clark Kent's arc and side of the story and cutting those 30mins was entirely on Snyder not the studio. It was Snyder who decided to keep the incidence with Lois in the dessert and the whole senate/grandma's peach tea arc, which had little to do with a Batman vs Superman story and more to do with a Superman vs Lex that would've worked better for a Superman solo sequel. If Snyder had any sense of story telling he would've known that and wouldn't have needed 2 hrs 45mins to tell a story that he could've easily done with 2hrs 13mins (like MOS).
Look WB and their incompetent brass were the source of all evil and problems that plagued the DCEU, but Snyder cannot be blameless for his inability to construct a coherent film with a long run time of 2 and half hours

Terrio said studio want to keep the expensive action stuff kept in and these are mostly Batman related, so quieter stuff got cut and they happen to be Superman and Lois. It’s just an idiotic move to give free reign to a director then force him to cut 30 minutes then tell him to cut the quieter stuff then make him take the blame for everything

WB should just hire Feige and let him create his own studio lol. The Yankees did that all the time, Johnny Damon, Elsbury from the Red Sox, Randy Johnson etc. if he can’t beat them, buy them

So Black Adam has started filming, where are they filming and is Henry gonna be free for a few weeks this year?

Kids are about to look up to a genocidal psychopath in the 2020s :funny: #heirachyabouttochange

Perhaps it’s old age… :grrr:

…But I find these box office comparisons and one-upmanship to be personally useless
. I.e., I quite liked MOS (didn’t think it was “lacking” at all). OTOH, I found Aquaman to be disappointingly predictable and generic. Yet the latter is the DC box office champ. Therefore, using BO performance as a compass, WB should be making Superman movies that are more like Aquaman and staying away from the MOS model. To that, I’d say “No, please don’t!” But, apparently, I’m in the minority — and irrelevant — demographic. :O :word:

Thinking like that doesn't make you old, it just means you're sensible, which is somewhat frowned upon in the geek/pop culture community.
Aquaman was a summer fluff (even though it came out in Christmas) while MOS was somber and dour but to conclude that people prefer fluff over somber isn't accurate i.e. MOS's problem was never tone otherwise Green Lantern would've been a smash hit while the likes of Dark knight and Logan would've tanked, MOS's problem was how it handled it's titular character. Superman was dark, conflicted, mopey and dialogue challenged and Snyder/Goyer never given him the chance to endear himself to the general audience.
Basically they darkened Superman's world and then they darkened Superman along with it thus making him disappear into the background.

Regardless of whether Snyder could have done the same story in less time is irrelevant imo as that’s what the studio signed off on. I don’t think it’s a flaw it’s just how Snyder tells his stories. What annoys me is that was what WB said to cut as much Superman and not to lose any Batman stuff, WB Pictures really don’t know what they have with Superman. Any other studio would kill to have the Superman IP.

Is there any evidence of this? Because the movie says otherwise. The Africa / senate nonsense was all Superman and that was left intact but the actual Clark Kent journalist stuff that told Superman's side of the conflict was removed, which tells me that Snyder didn't have any clue about what to cut and what to keep because generally speaking the man is a poor story teller IMO.

As for "Mopey Superman" argument that some like to bring up, how did you guys liked mopey Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk ? Was he same mopey Bruce Banner / Hulk in Thor Ragnarok or Endgame ? There is a thing called as character progression.

I know we cannot compare Superman with Hulk, but my point is, in sequels (or followup movies) one can always make the character lighter in tone, it's no justification to not green-light a sequel.

*raises hand* that would be me, I am the one who is b****ing nonstop about the mopey, emo, dialogue challenged Superman because I hate this kind of Superman with the passion of a 1000 red suns, I hated it in the comics with such arcs as Our worlds at war and For tomorrow, I hated it on Smallville (hence why I stopped watching after season 2) and I hate it in Snyder's nonsense too.
As you said, Banner is a completely different character to Clark but Banner made a character progression throughout the marvel films while Snyder's Superman remains EXACTLY the same, infact he seems to have gone backwards, he's even angrier and darker than MOS and BvS exemplified by him wearing that stupid black suit for which the audience were given no explanation.

Is there any evidence of this? Because the movie says otherwise. The Africa / senate nonsense was all Superman and that was left intact but the actual Clark Kent journalist stuff that told Superman's side of the conflict was removed, which tells me that Snyder didn't have any clue about what to cut and what to keep because generally speaking the man is a poor story teller IMO.

When I said superman I meant stuff with his character inc Clark. I don’t have any direct evidence but it was reported as so by various sources. The fact Superman’s arc is neutered on the theatrical backs that up IMO.

i really want to know who decided to keep Knightmare and JL motage. if i had to cut 30mins from BvS ultimate edition those two scenes would be the first to go.

i really want to know who decided to keep Knightmare and JL motage. if i had to cut 30mins from BvS ultimate edition those two scenes would be the first to go.

Probably Snyder, considering he added more of it later.

Studio wouldnt have let him cut sequel bait+VFX sequences.

HC - Sherlock Holmes.

Eyi26lzWUAEynvh

So Black Adam has started filming, where are they filming and is Henry gonna be free for a few weeks this year?

Kids are about to look up to a genocidal psychopath in the 2020s :funny: #heirachyabouttochange

Henry liked Dany Garcia's post about Black Adam and the Garcia company who is producing BA followed Henry.

Honestly, Cavill v Rock is inevitable and the plan.

Henry liked Dany Garcia's post about Black Adam and the Garcia company who is producing BA followed Henry.

Is the company following Henry a recent development?

Probably Snyder, considering he added more of it later.

Be fair, the JL Promo Videos might have been an executive mandate for sequel-building.

Knightmare was 150% Snyder, though. Nevermind not cutting it from the theatrical cut, someone should have forced him to cut that from the *script* before they even started shooting. It was a scene that never could have usefully contributed to the movie they were actually making, and so was a waste of time and money to film in the first place.

Got some british cha about bald man. I'm told he is in top 3 choices for that George Clooney Buck Rodgers reboot. Now, I obviously believe the bald man aint getting any mos sequel, but I wonder what that means for Witcher series, considering their show runner also just left. Who knows. I don't know nothin' about Buck Rodgers, but I'd check it out for Cavill.

We shall see.

giphy.gif

I've seen articles about The Rock wanting to keep the Snyderverse rolling, as he sees his take on Black Adam fits well in that universe and that was the plan for him to be in it anyways. Not sure if that's just rumors or what, but I could believe it. Kinda hope it's true, I guess haha.

The source claiming that was wevegotthiscovered, who are about one step below the dishwasher at the Denny's near WB Studios in terms of reliability in terms of movie scoops.

If it’s We Got This Covered, Geekosity, Comic Book Movie, The Cultured Nerd etc reporting it it’s most likely some made up garbage. The only time they report factual stories are when they’re posting a story that’s already been in a trade. WGTC are one of the worst, they’ll have an article saying one thing and 2 hours later an article saying the opposite lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"