Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Thread Manager, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Greenlite Registered

labeling people conspiracy theorists is classy ya, how about just express your opinion without doing all this shenanigans ya? I literally told both Chinese and Kiwis in January last year to mask up and both called me a traitor and nut job.

2. MbJ Registered

I mean, I don't wanna be rude to anyone, that's not my intention, but I don't know what else to call it other than a conspiracy theory. It's taking something that has a very simple, logical explanation (albeit one fans may not like), that a powerful A-list producer who has a noted affinity for Superman wants to make a Superman movie and is recasting the role with an actor of color rather than using Henry as a way of doing something different, and alleging that the project in question doesn't actually exist and was just announced as a way of distracting from Ray's accusations of racism. I feel I don't need to explain why that's a stretch, since I already pointed out that WB paid 500 million to get Abrams making movies and TV for them. Dude's been wanting to make a Superman movie since the oughts, so in this case it honestly seems like the simplest explanation is probably the correct one.

Could this be another Frosty project and WB had both Abrams and Coates (an award winning writer who would really have no incentive to get involved in a cover-up like this other than money, I guess) lie about it interviews? Sure. Anything's possible. But that's far less likely than the alternative I already mentioned, which is that the dude who already tried to reboot Superman once before still wants to do so, and his plan happens to involve a black actor this time. In fact, even in the case of the Frosty announcement, we ultimately found out it was a lie because Jason came out and said it was announced without his consent or official involvement. Here, we've had both Abrams and Coates give statements affirming their involvement in the project, as well as a Hollywood Reporter piece claiming they were meeting with potential directors. If some of them came out and said this was all a fake, I'll concede to that point, but somehow I doubt Abrams and Coates had the wool pulled over their eyes with this or agreed to go along with a big lie just to spite Fisher.

#8077 MbJ, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  3. SupermanFan Registered

It wouldn’t be a publicity stunt by the creatives it would be by the company.

Regardless of whether or not it is though people haven’t exactly been welcoming to the idea and I personally don’t think it will happen.

4. MbJ Registered

And I don't think that's any more likely for the reasons I laid out.

I don't think people being upset about it is gonna matter one way or the other, tbh. That honestly seems to be the reason for the stunt theory; like I said, more than anything it just seems like people not wanting to believe it's real because they're upset by it, rather than anything that would actually indicate a conspiracy theory.

[​IMG]

5. SupermanFan Registered

New Gods I was right about that and I’m getting similar vibes from the JJ-Coates film, which has been received poorly. If it happens I’ll admit I’m wrong but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

6. MbJ Registered

You keep mentioning it being received poorly online, but tbh if fandom outraged actually dictated what projects got made, we'd have Zack Snyder's Justice League 2 and 3, Man of Steel 2 and Batfleck's solo movie slated up and raring to go. Like I said at the end of the day I don't think that matters all that much.

I could be wrong. The whole Coates-Abrams project could wind up being a massive scam or another non-starter. But as of right now I've yet to see anything that would actually indicate that, other than people wishing it were Man of Steel 2 instead.

#8081 MbJ, Aug 7, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  7. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Gunn talked about how WB wanted him to do Superman over and over, but he was more interested in Krypto. He also pretty much said that if Batman were available at that time, he doesn't know if we would have this Suicide Squad movie.

MbJ likes this.
  8. Superchan Registered

Don't you "worry" about Superman bald narcissus, he's got plenty of top directors interested in him, heck, Vaughn and McQuarrie both had their pitches rejected, likely due to JJ wanting to take a crack at the :super:.

“I’m not saying I’d never be interested in Superman, but if it was Batman, which Matt [Reeves] was already doing, it might’ve felt differently because I understand Batman. I understand Harley Quinn; I don’t understand every character.”

Good on James Gunn, the man knows where his strengths and weaknesses lie and Superman isn't for him. Although I would like to see Gunn pull the trigger on Mxyzptlk, wacky director meets wacky character, now that would be an acid trip!

9. Micromind Registered

According to rumors, WB are talking to Taika Waititi for some DC movie (Superman ?)

10. Calvin Ellis Retired

Please no. I do not want a comedy Superman movie.

11. MbJ Registered

The people reporting the news are wevegotthiscovered and cosmicbooknews, which means it's most likely bull****. Even if it weren't there's no indication the hypothetical project would be a Superman movie, let alone one with Henry Cavill (which I assume is why this was brought up here).

I'd actually be cool with Waititi directing a Superman movie, it's just that this specific rumor seems to be jumping the gun.

TheVileOne and Da-Scribe like this.
  12. Chip Chipperson the big guy

It’s definitely a bogus rumor, but I could see Taika as a good fit if they’re doing something like Superman vs The Elite

13. Da-Scribe he/him

Bogus rumor aside, Taika would be a great choice for Superman. I dug Snyder’s take, but the character could use something fresh. Think Cavill could really shine much like Hemsworth did.

MbJ likes this.
  14. Spider-jedi Registered

i agree, i wast feeling what ZS superman became in BvS but you are right. i would love to see Taika handle HC superman using the foundation the ZS put.

Da-Scribe and Superherofan123 like this.
  15. Predator jp blast from the past

if they would bring back Cavill one last time i won't care who direct it.

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  16. Micromind Registered

So, Cavill is patiently waiting ?

17. TheVileOne Registered

No...but Kal is.

18. MbJ Registered

19. Da-Scribe he/him

Yeah, I've let go of Cavill coming back and I say that as a big fan of his run. Doom and gloom and all. Think he could really nail a take with a bit more of the levity that the character has more than earned imo, but honestly I just don't really care anymore if it happens.There's only so long that the "Will they? Wont they?" thing can keep my interest.

In general, the overall mystique that these CBMs operate under has gotten exhausting to me. Like the stuff with No Way Home was kinda my breaking point. I get why studios do it, but I think I've aged out of the sorta patience required to enjoy the ride.

Docker2.0, Vaibow and MbJ like this.
  20. Superchan Registered

I said it before and will say it again, I believe (a hundred %) that Cavill is already signed, sealed and delivered and has been so since 2020 (pre pandemic infact).
    As to why hasn't WB announced anything for nearly 2 years, well who the hell knows what these studios are thinking (if they're thinking at all) but mark my words, Henry ain't done yet, not by a long shot.

Vaibow likes this.
  21. TheVileOne Registered

Or he's just not coming back.

22. Da-Scribe he/him

Is this in response to me? I didn’t say otherwise.

TheVileOne likes this.
  23. TheVileOne Registered

No, Superchan, who I quoted in the post ;)

24. herolee10 No More Miracles

25. Da-Scribe he/him

Oh my bad. I’m ignoring him and couldn’t see you quoted him. Just saw your response under mine and got confused. Apologies there.

Vaibow and TheVileOne like this.