Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

How much does this mos with Cavill sequel depend on Black Adams box office? We all saw what that monster universe was suppose to be and that had way more heavy hitters than Rock and Cavill attached. I aint talking about cameos, but legit greenlit flicks here.

Honestly, I feel like recreating this moment with Henry's Superman would really go a long way with establishing his portrayal as a symbol of hope.

all-star-superman.jpg

MOS 2 really needs to be a critical and financial success in order for Henry's Superman to have a bright future in the DCEU.

How much does this mos with Cavill sequel depend on Black Adams box office? We all saw what that monster universe was suppose to be and that had way more heavy hitters than Rock and Cavill attached. I aint talking about cameos, but legit greenlit flicks here.
Zaslav and WBD are only gonna be a thing for the next two years anyway. The point is moot regardless, as the new leaders will likely be taking over before “MoS 2” could even be finished. Nothing is set in stone with the revolving door that is WB regimes.

Zaslav and WBD are only gonna be a thing for the next two years anyway. The point is moot regardless, as the new leaders will likely be taking over before “MoS 2” could even be finished. Nothing is set in stone with the revolving door that is WB regimes.

I just hope that any developments involving MOS 2 doesn't interfere with "Superman & Lois". I don't want the film division to start putting embargos on the show like how they did with "Smallville".

Last edited:
Black Adam and how it does has NO EFFECT on Superman what.so.ever. Zaslev was clear from the very first interview he did with CNN a long while back that Superman is a top priority for him. A solo Superman movie is happening regardless of Black Adam's performance and to be honest if BA underperforms (or even flops) and the studio ends up blaming it on Henry's 7 sec cameo then they're too stupid to be consuming oxygen.
What would be affected by BA's potential underperformance is the Rock's whole "Superman vs Black Adam" project(s) he has planned for the coming years and if that's the case then good riddance, because I honestly can't see Superman coming out looking good from such a confrontation, atleast not if Dwayne Johnson's ego has anything to say about it.

Absolutely correct Chick but Zaslev's intention is set WB's properties on the right path, thus making it more attractive for whomever is going to buy the company next and if, and that's a BIG IF, Superman is set on the right path that maximizes the franchise's potential then WB's next owners will be very reticent to change things.

I just hope that any developments involving MOS 2 doesn't interfere with "Superman & Lois". I don't want the film division to start putting embargos on the show like how they did with "Smallville".

Unfortunately for you and all those who like/love S&L, there is no chance that the WB would let 2 live action Clark Kents/ Supermen be on at the same time because A. That dilutes the franchise and B. because more often than not when 2 versions of the same character exist they end up having difficulty co-existing i.e. they end up competing and dividing the fan-base.
What WB wants essentially is to tell the audience that "if you want to see CK/Superman live action you have to come and buy at ticket and watch him exclusively on the silver screen, there ain't no backup TV option".
With that being said, we won't see a Superman movie until late (maybe christmas) 2024, think Superman the movie in 78 and until then S&L could continue to air, so I can see them squeezing out 2 more (or even 3 if they rush it and push it) seasons, which means the CW's Superman gets to live to fly another day.

Last edited:

I don’t see why it would, he’s in 10 seconds of the film and likely in a couple of other films next year too. Zaslav is gonna fast track the solo film for sure, one of his first comments was how Superman has been left to languish. Only way it doesn’t happen now is if all the upcoming films bomb & they decide to leave it for a few years before a reset, and I don’t see all the upcoming films bombing at all.

There’s absolutely zero proof of that, that article that suggested they could be bought by Comcast was completely speculative. Not saying it won’t happen but it’s certainly not set in stone at all.

Unfortunately for you and all those who like/love S&L, there is no chance that the WB would let 2 live action Clark Kents/ Supermen be on at the same time because A. That dilutes the franchise and B. because more often than not when 2 versions of the same character exist they end up having difficulty co-existing i.e. they end up competing and dividing the fan-base.
What WB wants essentially is to tell the audience that "if you want to see CK/Superman live action you have to come and buy at ticket and watch him exclusively on the silver screen, there ain't no backup TV option".
With that being said, we won't see a Superman movie until late (maybe christmas) 2024, think Superman the movie in 78 and until then S&L could continue to air, so I can see them squeezing out 2 more (or even 3 if they rush it and push it) seasons, which means the CW's Superman gets to live to fly another day.

I think all that stuff is a thing of the past.

Flash-- minus all the development problems-- was supposed to come out during the CW shows run. We're about to have no less than three (or two and a half depending on the exact level of Affleck's involvement) Batmen in movies concurrently. We've got Phoenix Joker and have been introduced to Keoghan with more to come from each. Gaga is about to play Harley even while Robbie's is still super popular. Even Hoechlin as Supes was first introduced during the Cavill tenure, as well as Routh and Welling cameos.

I think the powers that be are more than happy to have multiple versions running (they're all going multiversal now, after all) as long as the bottom line for each makes sense.

Last edited:
Had "The Flash" been released sooner, I wonder if that would've made it harder to bring Henry back and still maintain the newly established continuity.

Flash-- minus all the development problems-- was supposed to come out during the CW shows run.

Yes but because of said development problems we never got to find out whether the CW show would've stayed on the air or not had Ezra's Flash come out in 2018 like they planned.

We're about to have no less than three (or two and a half depending on the exact level of Affleck's involvement) Batmen in movies concurrently.

There is absolutely no proof that Keaton and Batfleck are having their solo films in development even if they are indeed under contract. With Batgirl canceled and Keaton being replaced by Batfleck on Aquaman, it seems that Hamada's idea of replacing Batfleck with Keaton is now gone.Sure Keaton's Batman is going to have a big role in Flash, but there no indications that his role will extend beyond that.
The only Batman film officially in development is Matt Reeves's version, while the extent of Batfleck's role in the DCEU remains unclear.

We've got Phoenix Joker and have been introduced to Keoghan with more to come from each.

Keghan's Joker had a mere cameo and it's unclear if he'll even be in the next movie and even if he is, by the time that movie comes out, Joker 2 would've been out already. We're talking about the same character being played by different actors being on at the same time.

Gaga is about to play Harley even while Robbie's is still super popular. Even Hoechlin as Supes was first introduced during the Cavill tenure, as well as Routh and Welling cameos.

Calling Robbie 's Harley "super popular" is pushing it abit, her solo film was a flop and the suicide squad, in which she was a central character, was (sadly) also a massive flop. WB might've been high on Robbie's Harley before, but not now, not with "look at numbers" Zaslev at the helm.

When Hoechlin appeared on Supergirl, it was only for few episodes not a whole series, 2 very different situations.

I think the powers that be are more than happy to have multiple versions running (they're all going multiversal now, after all) as long as the bottom line for each makes sense.[

That seemed to be the case with Hamada's "worlds of DC" but he's out and reports (although un confirmed officially) that WBD wants a more streamlined DC movie verse with Joker being the one billion dollar exception.[/QUOTE]

The success or failure of Black Adam should dictate the future of Black Adam 2 not MOS 2. No matter the box office, I expect WB to hire writers and put Cavill's sequel in development. Whether it ends up in development hell like so many other projects is another story.

The success or failure of Black Adam should dictate the future of Black Adam 2 not MOS 2. No matter the box office, I expect WB to hire writers and put Cavill's sequel in development. Whether it ends up in development hell like so many other projects is another story.
maybe.gif

The Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision newsletter said Henry's post-credit scene was a one-off deal but the studio is definitely interested in more, including a solo outing.

The Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision newsletter said Henry's post-credit scene was a one-off deal but the studio is definitely interested in more, including a solo outing.

So I guess the reports of him being involved with the Flash reshoots were wrong then.

The only way I'll watch another video with this dude is if one of the interviewers has the guts to ask him about Tyler Hoechlin when he says nonsense like this. I wanna see his confused face.

LOL, wow Chick I don't think I ever read you this annoyed! I remember the same thing happening with Welling and Routh back in the day. ALOT of the Smallville fans got annoyed or even triggered when Routh was mentioned.
You have to understand that S&L has the misfortune of being on a reject network that has become the hallmark of low-bar standards when it comes to TV and so very few people watch or even know about this show. Heck my brother likes Superman alot (not a popculture guy or comicbook reader) and he was surprised when I told him about the show, even though he has HBO and I think S&L did come on there for a limited time.
To the overwhelming majority of people out there, it's only Cavill, which will hopefully be ok if and when WBD makes a good Cavill led Superman movie, thus washing Snyder's stench off of him.

LOL, wow Chick I don't think I ever read you this annoyed! I remember the same thing happening with Welling and Routh back in the day. ALOT of the Smallville fans got annoyed or even triggered when Routh was mentioned.
You have to understand that S&L has the misfortune of being on a reject network that has become the hallmark of low-bar standards when it comes to TV and so very few people watch or even know about this show. Heck my brother likes Superman alot (not a popculture guy or comicbook reader) and he was surprised when I told him about the show, even though he has HBO and I think S&L did come on there for a limited time.
To the overwhelming majority of people out there, it's only Cavill, which will hopefully be ok if and when WBD makes a good Cavill led Superman movie, thus washing Snyder's stench off of him.
I don't have to understand s***. I'm well aware of what the CW is. I took classes on the business of television for my masters degree where their completely unique business model - and how they actually made money - got some pretty in-depth focus. For the record, their shows are seen by a much larger global audience than their live ratings could ever suggest. But I have no delusions about Hoechlin's Superman being in movies or ever overshadowing Cavill's in the mainstream despite being FAR superior. Blockbuster films simply have a wider reach than a broadcast netlet that's not even available where the other networks are. It is what it is. But that's all beside the point - the point is, y'all (and Dwayne) also WILDLY overestimate Cavill's appeal, and have been doing so since 2013. Despite however loud people can be on Twitter, the numbers and audience scores tell the true story and always have: the vast majority of the general audience is indifferent to him. Even if he's the only Superman a lot of them know, that doesn't mean they like him or that he's in any way "their Superman," or would be willing to pay more money just to see him in his 4th attempt at the role.

And frankly, WB execs and all the movie people constantly looking down on WB's television/animated projects even though most of them - including S&L - typically handle their IP's far better than they manage to, and with a teeny tiny fraction of the money they spend no less, is a huge part of their ongoing problem, imo. Hoechlin's Superman is seen by far fewer people but was instantly better-received by a higher percentage of the people who did see it, because the people making it actually get the character, and demonstrate that weekly on a relative shoestring budget. The WB movie division could learn A LOT from the "little people" under their own brand whom they like to act like don't exist, and that's where my annoyance comes from. It's nothing new - it's been going on at WB for years. Just read the stories about how disrespected Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly were at their own premieres by the WB suits. Dwayne's comments just further illustrate the issue. WB just gonna keep on being WB, no matter the regime. "Learning all the wrong lessons" should be their company motto at this point.

This just feels WBD trying to keep and stay in the DJ film business and keep him happy. Cavill better thank him well. I guess bald cavill will still be buff at near 50 when this ''sequel'' happens.

:o

If BA doesn't gross at least $500M then I don't envy the exec who has to tell "DJ" that there aint no sequel happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"