1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Thread Manager, Aug 9, 2018.

1. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

Just posting this to say...its good to see ya buddy! As soon as the news broke I thought of you and how pumped you must be! :wowe::D::up:

If we can get the right director and writers for this...this could make some serious noise! :super::supes:

Tra-El likes this.
  2. Da-Scribe he/him

Yeah, I have always had this feeling that I wouldn't actually enjoy hanging out with Cavill. I'd just wanna bathe myself in Guinness with Momoa and Cavill would be trying to like make model figurines and ****.

But yeah he's a great-looking Supes for sure. Hopefully, he can finally do something crowd-pleasing. Thankfully, I liked MoS and BvS so I have no real horse in the race anymore.

Tra-El likes this.
  3. Detective Conan Registered

4. Tra-El Registered

This post made me smile because Henry's personality is so Clark Kent. He's so on the nose Superman. I can see Momoa calling him up "Henry..me again. Yeah man, got busted. Drunk af. Come pick me up. I know, I know. I know you told me..yeah I know. Just come pick me up. Yes I'll wear my seatbelt this time".

I relate to Cavill in so many ways. I have turned down many "groovy" plans because I spent the weekend in working on my statue displays that keep me up at night. Us Superman fans are old farts..but ya'll need us in a pinch :funny:

SupermanFan likes this.
  5. Tra-El Registered

Dude, sometimes I have to pinch myself. It feels like 2013 all over again but with promising leadership this time around. I truly feel times have changed enough to finally reap these benefits. Henry can do it man. He can do it. He's going to give us his iconic take where we can finally have elements to the character that we've all been waiting for. It's time. It's past due. I think he's going to flourish brother. However which way it'll end up, I know we'll get his best efforts and the character will be respected in every way imaginable. :wowe:

SupermanFan and dhandler01 like this.
  6. Da-Scribe he/him

Yeah I say all this as someone who has drunkenly passed out in public multiple times so just bear that in mind lol.

Tra-El likes this.
  7. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

From your lips to WBs ears my friend :)

SupermanFan and Tra-El like this.
  8. Spider-jedi Registered

lol okay he didn't break the internet. lets take it a notch down. outside the DC fandom a lot of people didn't know the BTS drama at WB. i mentioned it o my brother and he was just like is that why there hasn't been a superman film. he had no idea about all this fan fights going on.

I always though he had the looks. MoS was a good start but BVS just killed all that imo. im curious to see what a new direction for him looks like

9. Tra-El Registered

Over 21 million views, 3.2 million likes and 90k comments. That day, Henry was trending in 4 different associated hashtags, including one that hashtagged "HESBACK" that reached 90k. There's new ways and places to be outside of forums now. That dude broke it lol.

BvS is moot in further incarnations of Henry's direction if we're going by his words of his next outing of approaching the character as "enormously joyous" so everything that came before is history. Enough time has passed where a fresh coat of paint will feel brand new to a post-pandemic audience.

super85 and SupermanFan like this.
  10. SupermanFan Registered

11. Dr. From parts unknown

I really liked Cavill’s characterization of Supes in the Snyder Trilogy. But in a weird way, I might have something in common with the Cavill critics. :cwink: If Superman is to continue in future movies — with little-to-no adherence to the prior continuity — I’d prefer a recasting. A blank slate, with a new actor in the role (including new supporting actors like Lois, et. al.), avoids confusion over continuity issues and the dubious nature of a “vague” or “soft” reboot.

But, there’s an obvious counter-argument. If Snyder alums Momoa, Gadot, Affleck (?) and Miller (!?!) are still around and playing fast-and-loose with prior continuity anyway… why can’t Cavill? IOW, the idea of a blank slate/back-to-the-drawing-board approach ain’t happening. So, I guess, just embrace the awkward improvisation…? ;nd

Vlyse likes this.
  12. Spider-jedi Registered

thats cool, but i did no hear any mention of him confirming it until i got to reddit. i follow a lot of stuff not just dc on twitter so all that didnt not show up on my trending list. i know a lot of people who dont follow this stuff as closely as we do and they had no idea any of this was happening.

I am happy he said want to make an "enormously joyous" superman. that made look forward to seeing his second solo outing as superman. Zack did his dark superman film. we can move on from those and get a more likeable superman. i want to root for superman but Zacks superman was not it imo

13. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (she/her)

Someone missed the part where he shot a champagne cork in the air naked and landed on his bare ass. :o

14. Tra-El Registered

I'd pay to see that.

No homo.:o

15. Tra-El Registered

There were no bells and whistles to it. It was a low-key; random Instagram post without major headlines or outlets covering or pushing it. For it to receive that much traffic without any elaborate stagedy and for it not to be specifically movie related is pretty big numbers to behold. I guess if you're following recipe pages or real world politics, it wouldn't trend in those spaces. But in its niche territory, it was the talk of the day, and still is. Even on a day when Marvel made a move.

dhandler01 and SupermanFan like this.
  16. SupermanFan Registered

Yeah Cavill’s return was all over social media and Ant Man barely even trended. It was definitely the entertainment news of the day.

The Instagram video had over 21 million plays yesterday.

dhandler01 and Tra-El like this.
  17. Tra-El Registered

ExZACKly!

Pun intended :woo:

dhandler01 and SupermanFan like this.
  18. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well, Deadpool is a good example that you can successfully reboot a character with the same actor when the right people are in charge.

dhandler01 and titansupes like this.
  19. DCnightwing23 Registered

Speaking specifically in regards to the trend on Twitter and as big of a fan as I am of Cavill, this is simply not true. Ant-Man trended mostly in the Top 3-5 all day long, Cavill trended around the 9-10 spot at its peak. I do think it is impressive overall that it managed to trend as well as it did, but it didn't trump the Marvel trailer by any stretch.

20. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I think the new Cavill Superman movie should take place at least 10 years after Justice League. The long time gap would help with the soft reboot as Supes could of evolved into the more classic version off screen over those years.

21. Spider-jedi Registered

i think a lot of people are in their own DC echo camber on twitter so it appears like it was the biggest thing. it was still great thoug. im looking forward to seeing him as a more classic hopeful superman.

22. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

I'm not in any 2cho chamber and I will say it was a lot bigger of a deal than you are giving it credit for.

23. Spider-jedi Registered

it is a big deal. we have superman back. i just dont think the GA even knew he was out at some point. all they know is that there hast been a superman movie in a while.

i just dont see the breaking the internet part thats all. it got great numbers on social media but nothing that can be considered breaking the internet

J.Drangal likes this.
  24. heatvision38 Man of Steel

I don't know, I haven't been able to get online for days now. Internet broke for me.

dhandler01 likes this.
  25. Da-Scribe he/him

Breaking the internet seems like an arbitrary metric that we don’t need to split hairs over.