Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Cain's hair at it's best was season 1
loislaneactrices4ru2.jpg

I've always felt they got Superman's hair back to front in SR. It was smoothed back, gelled and perfectly set as Superman (flying about, fighting, etc) ............ then more free flowing and natural as Clark (when he's suited up and working in an office). Surely the other way round made more sense. It just didn't look natural at all in Superman guise.

16la2s7.jpg

clark3.jpg

Christopher Reeve on the other hand had it very finely gelled and set in both Superman and Clark guise, but just styled differently each time - with the centre parting moved to the other side.

ChristopherReeve.jpg

cwstmreevekent02.jpg

When the showed 'future Clark' in Smallville, they opted for a very similar style to Reeve's Clark hair.

Ckglasses.jpg

From what we've seen of MOS so far, they seem to be again opting for a more relaxed look for Cavill in Clark guise, with a slicker look for Superman. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind it is - would it not work better the other way round?

cavill-clark-kent-bike.jpg

http://cdn.****************.com/wp-content/uploads/henry-cavill-man-of-steel-set-3.jpg

Ironically, Cavill's naturally wavy hair actually looks quite Superman-like off set.

xlarge_henry-cavill-hair.jpg

From what we've seen of MOS so far, they seem to be again opting for a more relaxed look for Cavill in Clark guise, with a slicker look for Superman. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind it is - would it not work better the other way round?

Seriously. Does he gel his hair after the shirt rip? :funny:

That is funny but who cares

I mean if Batman can get a magic knee brace that fixes his worn out knees why can't Supernas hair suddenly slick back

That is funny but who cares

I mean if Batman can get a magic knee brace that fixes his worn out knees why can't Supernas hair suddenly slick back
Yep comic book movies have leaps in logic all the time.

I'd simply prefer the natural look to the gelled one. Like the Dean Cain pic at the top of the page. He looks awesome there. With the gelled hair, not as much.

Yep comic book movies have leaps in logic all the time.

Yeah it just isn't really that important

Like the Avengers talking to each other without ear pieces :oldrazz:

Another one from Honest trailers lol

Isn't Superman's hair strong as steel or something? Maybe he uses motor grease instead of hair gel :huh:

I agree with elgaz that it makes more sense for Superman to have natural styling and Clark to have a cleaner, trimmed look.

The spit-curl is way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay low on the list of priorities for Superman.

Yep genre movies have leaps in logic all the time.

Fixed. And how boring it would be if they didn't! :)

More and more I feel like complaints and nitpicking about leaps of logic and plot holes in genre movies are getting too prominent for my taste.

Here's my fanboy explanation for that. Clark Kent will have much more messy, scruffy hairstyle with hopefully a fringe to change the look of his face somewhat. Whereas when he's Superman flying at 300mph will no doubt cause his hair to brush back, plus precipitation in the air and what not will keep it that way and perhaps give it that 'wet' look. Superman should have the better more professional hairstyle anyways I suppose.

I was disappointed about the lack of 'S' curl when the first official pic was released. But it doesn't bother me anymore. Snyder either figured it wasn't worth the time to get right in every scene, or figured it wasn't fashionable anymore, either way it doesn't matter, Cavill looks great, and most importantly, looks like Superman.

Here's my fanboy explanation for that. Clark Kent will have much more messy, scruffy hairstyle with hopefully a fringe to change the look of his face somewhat. Whereas when he's Superman flying at 300mph will no doubt cause his hair to brush back, plus precipitation in the air and what not will keep it that way and perhaps give it that 'wet' look. Superman should have the better more professional hairstyle anyways I suppose.

I was disappointed about the lack of 'S' curl when the first official pic was released. But it doesn't bother me anymore. Snyder either figured it wasn't worth the time to get right in every scene, or figured it wasn't fashionable anymore, either way it doesn't matter, Cavill looks great, and most importantly, looks like Superman.

All of this.

What type of Clark are you guys hoping this guy is closer to? Smallville Clark DCnU Clark, Post-Crisis Clark, or JMS Clark? I'd take any but the latter; too focused on angsty outsider to me.

What type of Clark are you guys hoping this guy is closer to? Smallville Clark DCnU Clark, Post-Crisis Clark, or JMS Clark? I'd take any but the latter; too focused on angsty outsider to me.

I just want a Clark that's nice to everyone, who acts like a boy scout, but also is shy and keeps to himself. I don't want a Clark who's a complete klutz and bumps into everything.

Probably a modern interpretation of the silver age/Reeves Clark Kent. The most important thing to get right, is make him believably different from Superman, so by the films internal logic no one in it's world would make the comparison.

I want a Clark that's not a total caricature and who actually makes up a significant part of the real guy's personality. I've always felt like the Superman persona and the Clark persona are both the real guy, just different aspects. Clark is that kid from Kansas with all the human insecurities (which anyone who's been raised by his parents to hide significant aspects of himself from the rest of the world would have plenty of), modesty, and the very human desire to fit in, and just be one of the guys. The Superman persona gives him an avenue to channel his confidence, lose (most of) his inhibitions, and to share his gifts with the world.

Part of each persona is an act, imo (Clark acting weaker than he is and hiding his natural grace; Superman being his "public face," meaning he feels the need to uphold a certain image and make sure not to betray telling aspects of his private self), and part of each is very real.

That's the long answer. The short answer is that I want Clark to be more of the real guy than the Reeve/Donner version, but less the real guy than Smallville, lol. I actually really liked Abrams' version of Clark in the Flyby script, so if the MoS Clark is similar to that, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I want a Clark that's not a total caricature and who actually makes up a significant part of the real guy's personality. I've always felt like the Superman persona and the Clark persona are both the real guy, just different aspects. Clark is that kid from Kansas with all the human insecurities (which anyone who's been raised by his parents to hide significant aspects of himself from the rest of the world would have plenty of), modesty, and the very human desire to fit in, and just be one of the guys. The Superman persona gives him an avenue to channel his confidence, lose (most of) his inhibitions, and to share his gifts with the world.

Part of each persona is an act, imo (Clark acting weaker than he is and hiding his natural grace; Superman being his "public face," meaning he feels the need to uphold a certain image and make sure not to betray telling aspects of his private life), and part of each is very real.

That's the long answer. The short answer is that I want Clark to be more of the real guy than the Reeve/Donner version, but less the real guy than Smallville, lol.

I actually really liked Abrams' version of Clark in the Flyby script.

Basically this :)

Just gonna throw this out there... I actually liked Routh as Superman. But his main problem with both Clark and Supes (especially Clark), was that he seemed to lack character. It was all too "clean" and nice. He was too "wooden", I'd say. It's probably also got something to do with the way Singer directed him, I don't know.

One other thing I didn't mention is that I want this Clark to have a real passion for journalism. I don't want him to work at the Daily Planet just because it's a great way to stay on top of the news so he knows when Superman is needed; I want him to work there because of his passion for truth. And justice. You know. I want Clark to be an actual good reporter that Lois would actually come to see as a rival.

In my head, Lois excels at the biting, ruthless investigative reporting, while Clark excels at capturing the human element in his stories, so Perry might force them to work together a lot because they'd make each other better.

One other thing I didn't mention is that I want this Clark to have a real passion for journalism. I don't want him to work at the Daily Planet just because it's a great way to stay on top of the news so he knows when Superman is needed; I want him to work there because of his passion for truth. And justice. You know. I want Clark to be an actual good reporter that Lois would actually come to see as a rival.

In my head, Lois excels at the biting, ruthless investigative reporting, while Clark excels at capturing the human element in his stories, so Perry might force them to work together a lot because they'd make each other better.

Love that.

Yeah it just isn't really that important

Like the Avengers talking to each other without ear pieces :oldrazz:

Another one from Honest trailers lol

Unless I'm mistaken the only ones that spoke directly were Cap, Stark, Hawkeye and Black Widow... not that big of a leap in logic. Stark has his helmet and the others could easily have had a small earbud or something.

But speaking of hair, Cavill's looks the best of the Supermen in the new poster. Doesn't need a spitcurl to look like Superman.

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA

it always gives me chill when seeing the scene of the silhouette with the spitcurl.
that's why it is "the ICONIC FEATURE"!!!
it's hard to establish an iconic feature. i can't believe they just give it away.

A reporter-Clark who is actually a capable reporter would be preferable this time, yeah. One who might actually "assist" his alter ego as well in some cleverly written sequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"