Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks for the last time, this is the Henry Cavill thread. Not the Brandon Routh thread.

Last edited:
lol...

I only read bits and pieces of the Cavill interview, but I did like his answer about Superman not being a boy scout. It sounded like he had given the answer some thought and talked to someone with knowledge about the character.

Again, I'm in a holding pattern with this movie and I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie.

lol...

I only read bits and pieces of the Cavill interview, but I did like his answer about Superman not being a boy scout. It sounded like he had given the answer some thought and talked to someone with knowledge about the character.

Again, I'm in a holding pattern with this movie and I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie.

I'm glad to hear that, though I was put off by Jor-El's speech in the teaser. That was the kind of preachy crap I was hoping MOS would move away from. At least from the little we've seen the action seems like it'll be good.

le sigh...I am beginning to think it is impossible for directors to not put in the Christ-parallels.

I just hope they don't go overboard with it.

Unfortunately I think that is hard to do, especially when attacking the origin. The character was built on a foundation of biblical inspiration.

That is true, Showey.

I think it's okay to make him like a god, but they go over board when they go all out with the persecution like in SR or make Jor-El's motivation to save his son from a dying planet more then it actually should be.

I'm hoping the speech used from All Star was just for the teaser and is not a part of the film.

Why can't superman walk like a robot? He should walk n behave normal as human??? He isn't human.

well jor el's line is directing taken from all star superman so if you have a problem with it's biblical references well it is in the comics lol

Unfortunately I think that is hard to do, especially when attacking the origin. The character was built on a foundation of biblical inspiration.

yes, it did have Biblical inspiration, but the inspiration came from the story of Moses, not from Jesus... im sick and tired of seeing Christ parallelisms with Superman. this started in the 70's when they were having trouble with the character, and they tried to make Superman a replacement for Jesus, comic book wise...

if they have to use Biblical inspiration, keep it as Moses parallels, not Christ parallels... we had enough of that in the last movie, and its time to move on from that view of Superman.

well jor el's line is directing taken from all star superman so if you have a problem with it's biblical references well it is in the comics lol

Apparently it's too preachy. :o

Seriously, these boards are just as looney as the Batboards sometimes. Fans go overboard when Superman finally loses an article of clothing -- citing 'character integrity', but when the writers/director add a piece of dialogue [from one of the greatest Superman titles in All-Star], they hope it's excluded.

yes, it did have Biblical inspiration, but the inspiration came from the story of Moses, not from Jesus... im sick and tired of seeing Christ parallelisms with Superman. this started in the 70's when they were having trouble with the character, and they tried to make Superman a replacement for Jesus, comic book wise...

if they have to use Biblical inspiration, keep it as Moses parallels, not Christ parallels... we had enough of that in the last movie, and its time to move on from that view of Superman.

But Moses is part of the Messiah archetype as is Jesus. I see Superman falling in that category and able to have traits of both regardless of the religion of his creators. To me, it simply gives him a more broader fan base.

Last edited:
But Moses is part of the Messiah archetype as is Jesus. I see Superman falling in that category and able to have traits of both regardless of the religion of his creators. To me, it simply makes him a more broader fan base.

yes, i understand that, however they dont have to lay it on Superman so darn thick all the time...

Sometimes, I think these boards are worse than batboards. :doh:

I guess I don't mind the Christ/Chosen One parallels as long as they don't beat us over the head with them. It worked really, really well in Kingdom Come and (arguably) in the Return of Superman storyline because it kind of made Superman feel a bit more special in regards to other heroes. Superman, initially, was the ultimate hero for a long time because he was the most powerful... but then DC introduced characters like Captain Atom (who I hate by the way) who trumped him in terms of power. So making him some sort of Christlike figure, rather than just an alien who gained powers from solar radiation, sort of made him "ultimate" again.

yes, i understand that, however they dont have to lay it on Superman so darn thick all the time...

I was speaking to you wanting it to lean more Moses if they have to do it. I was just saying that it doesn't have to go either way.

I was speaking to you wanting it to lean more Moses if they have to do it. I was just saying that it doesn't have to go either way.

oh.. ok, if it has to be there, I'd rather have it be Moses than Jesus, as the creators originally intended it to be

oh.. ok, if it has to be there, I'd rather have it be Moses than Jesus, as the creators originally intended it to be

Since Moses and Jesus overlap so much, what kind of Moses elements would you like to see? The parting of a Red Sea allegory? The New Krypton run in the comics has a some Moses elements in it -- the way he is trying to lead his people to peace. That element could possibly be present in MOS. Maybe he is trying to foster a relationship between Zod and Faora with humans.

Since Moses and Jesus overlap so much, what kind of Moses elements would you like to see? The parting of a Red Sea allegory? The New Krypton run in the comics has a some Moses elements in it -- the way he is trying to lead his people to peace. That element could possibly be present in MOS. Maybe he is trying to foster a relationship between Zod and Faora with humans.

i think that's taking it way too far... no major allegories of the parting of the red sea, plagues of egypt, "let my people go", none of that... i more or less just want the basics:

superman sent to earth because his race is about to be destroyed, given a chance for life among the humans, with Zod being the allegory for "pharaoh", and Superman freeing the humans from Zod...

nothing lavish. just simplicity.

We've seen Superman depicted as Christ onscreen by Jewish filmmakers.

Let us gentiles tackle him as Moses.

Anybody see this?

Superman Man of Steel Henry Cavill Seen With Wonder Woman Gina Carano

Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher
September 26, 2012 23:22 | Updated: 13 hours 51 min Ago

Guess what's rumored for the new Superman movie, Man of Steel?

A Wonder Woman appearance.

Guess who is a couple in the DC Comics?

Superman and Wonder Woman.

Guess who was spotted together at the recent McLaren Automotive unveiling?

Henry Cavill with fitness model/mma star/actress/americangladiator Gina Carano.

Guess who's the "favorite" to play Wonder Woman.

Yup.

We know Henry Cavill broke up with his fiancee.

Wonder where Cavill and Carano met?

Yup.

image0004.jpg

Source: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...el-henry-cavill-seen-wonder-woman-gina-carano

Cool pic. I wouldn't doubt that WB will look Carano's way when Justice League and/ or Wonder Woman movie casting is underway, though I think it's premature to call her the "favorite" at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"