Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said before I thought Cavill was good in the tristan and isolde.

I've never been a fan of the Clark and Lex childhood friends stuff either.

My problem with it is how a genius like Luthor could not know it was Clark?

Well, in Birthright, they did this weird thing where Lex didn't even remember Smallville itself, let alone Clark. They didn't explain why in the story... perhaps the lab disaster that happened made him repress the memory or something, or maybe radiation from Kryptonite had some part in it. Anyone know if they ever fully explained it anywhere?

Part of me wonders if one of the kid actors they cast is actually a young Lex. I always found it a bit strange that they cast the role of Whitney, a rival of Clark who only appeared on Smallville. Perhaps that was just a smokescreen to throw people off and that kid was actually cast as Clark's REAL rival? Just food for thought. We do know from the Comic Con footage that one of the kids "saw what Clark did." Hmmmm.

I thought he was just denying it, not that he actually had forgotten...

I'm not sure. You might be right about that, I don't know.

I'm still stoked Henry is playing Superman, I remember when I found out he was cast. I'd gone on to Digital Spy just to see what was happening in the entertainment world and there it was as the main headline "Henry Cavill chosen to play Superman". I couldn't believe it can't believe it was nearly two years ago now.

Me either. I had given up hope that they'd cast him due to some negative rumblings about him and the fact that he wasnt on the proposed shortlist. Then all of a sudden one sunday night BAM!

It still brings a smile to my face every now and then. :up:

Nearly two years ago? :eek:

Me either. I had given up hope that they'd cast him due to some negative rumblings about him and the fact that he wasnt on the proposed shortlist. Then all of a sudden one sunday night BAM!

It still brings a smile to my face every now and then. :up:

Nearly two years ago. :eek

funnily enough the exact same thing happened when we got the first picture of him in the Superman costume. I never switch my laptop on and go straight to digital spy but strangely on those two occassions I did.

I know when I'll be even happier though when I'm sat in the cinema seeing it on the big screen for the first time.

I know when I'll be even happier though when I'm sat in the cinema seeing it on the big screen for the first time.

It's gonna be quite surreal. I'm just trying to keep "realistic" expectations about the whole thing. Having anticipated this for so long, (and the fact that SR doesnt really count, which makes the wait for a modern Superman-movie that much longer, since 2004 actually) makes me very cautious.

It's gonna be quite surreal. I'm just trying to keep "realistic" expectations about the whole thing. Having anticipated this for so long, (and the fact that SR doesnt really count, which makes the wait for a modern Superman-movie that much longer, since 2004 actually) makes me very cautious.

I'm very optimistic, even though Superman Returns disapointed me (I do still like it) everything I've seen of this film is getting my hopes up more and more. You'd think I'd learn but I just can't help thinking this is gonna be the greatest superhero film of all-time (the Comic Con footage really helped).

I'm still stoked Henry is playing Superman, I remember when I found out he was cast. I'd gone on to Digital Spy just to see what was happening in the entertainment world and there it was as the main headline "Henry Cavill chosen to play Superman". I couldn't believe it can't believe it was nearly two years ago now.

God you should have heard the noises that came out of me! It started as a screech of joy, followed by inane giggling and then the tears started sputtering... my housemates at the time came in wondering what the hell was going on and I don't think to this day they've looked at me the same when I explained the reason... they just didn't get it :funny:

I think i'll be happier when i'm walking out, IF the film is amazing :)

God you should have heard the noises that came out of me! It started as a screech of joy, followed by inane giggling and then the tears started sputtering... my housemates at the time came in wondering what the hell was going on and I don't think to this day they've looked at me the same when I explained the reason... they just didn't get it :funny:

I think i'll be happier when i'm walking out, IF the film is amazing :)

Haha I text my mate who didn't even know who Cavill was to let him know. It was funny he text back saying whose Henry Cavill? haha

Yeah of course but we know its going to be :D

I'm very optimistic, even though Superman Returns disapointed me (I do still like it) everything I've seen of this film is getting my hopes up more and more. You'd think I'd learn but I just can't help thinking this is gonna be the greatest superhero film of all-time (the Comic Con footage really helped).

That's what we all hope. A worthy heir to the The Dark Knight-trilogy, a much needed redemption for the "boy scout" and finally a kick-ass Superman that visually wont be ridiculed either.

Oh... and just a darn entertaining adventure. One for the books.

That's what we all hope. A worthy heir to the The Dark Knight-trilogy, a much needed redemption for the "boy scout" and finally a kick-ass Superman that visually wont be ridiculed either.

I'll settle for it been the best Superhero origin film ever to be honest :p

But my favourites still Superman the Movie very closely followed by Batman Begins (which I still think is the best Batman movie) :p

Yeah, I think BB might be my favorite Nolan/Batman-flick too. Apart from the at times non-linear narration it's just very straight forward and has a kick-ass origin.

Haha I text my mate who didn't even know who Cavill was to let him know. It was funny he text back saying whose Henry Cavill? haha

Yeah of course but we know its going to be :D

:funny: Yeah, for ages I had a pic of him on my phone so that when people said 'Who's that' I could just show them!

Of course, I did the same thing with the first official image, the logo, and many set pics... it got to the point where people groaned whenever I said 'Hang on, I wanna show you something' and got my phone out :p

Yeah I want all that! :D

Yeah, I think BB might be my favorite Nolan/Batman-flick too. Apart from the at times non-linear narration it's just very straight forward and has a kick-ass origin.

Yeah definitely, I also love the ending its uplifting, don't get me wrong I loved the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises but I think Begins is the only one that feels like a true Batman film.

Yeah, that might be it. TDK might be the better movie, but BB is the better Batman-movie.

I had the most fun watching TDKR personally... I think it's cause I went in expecting this serious tone, and it was actually much more 'look how cool Batman is' :)

Yeah, that might be it. TDK might be the better movie, but BB is the better Batman-movie.

Yeah thats how I see it

I am super excited to see what Henry's like in flight (and I mean close up flight :p) etc

I need to see TDKR a second time to decide which is my favourite of the trilogy, but I always prefered Batman Begins over TDK. It's just such an amazing origin telling, the kind where you get goosebumps as the hero gets closer and closer to realising his potential. I almost don't care how long it takes a protagonist to put on his/her suit for the first time, in fact the longer it takes them, the bigger the payoff.

I'm fully expecting to be an emotional wreck the first time we see Superman in the film. I wonder if we'll get a brief glimpse of him, like S:TM, before a full reveal in an action scene a short time later. I really wouldn't be surprised if his entrance is similar in build up to Superman Earth One.

I had the most fun watching TDKR personally... I think it's cause I went in expecting this serious tone, and it was actually much more 'look how cool Batman is' :)

I have to see TDKR again, but right now it's the one I favor the least in the trilogy. It feels a bit like Nolan having sporadic Bay-moments. Just a bit. Here and there.

And where the hell did Bane go?

I am super excited to see what Henry's like in flight (and I mean close up flight :p) etc

I'm super excited about all of the visual possibilities. It's without a doubt Snyder's strength, and the reason I love pretty much ALL of his previous films. :)

It's just such an amazing origin telling, the kind where you get goosebumps as the hero gets closer and closer to realising his potential. I almost don't care how long it takes a protagonist to put on his/her suit for the first time, in fact the longer it takes them, the bigger the payoff.

I'm fully expecting to be an emotional wreck the first time we see Superman in the film.

Beautifully put, my friend. The bigger the pay-off indeed. :up:

I have to see TDKR again, but right now it's the one I favor the least in the trilogy. It feels a bit like Nolan having sporadic Bay-moments. Just a bit. Here and there.

And where the hell did Bane go?

What you mean where he go? He died...

And just to join in with everyone else, yeah I was a BB over TDK fan too. As great as Ledger's Joker was, the movie just doesn't stir up the emotions BB did for me. It's a much more enjoyable story, even if it isn't as 'smart'.

I'm fully expecting to be an emotional wreck the first time we see Superman in the film.

I'm gonna be crying the minute the movie starts. I'm not joking, i'm an emotional mess at the moment anyway, I cry at commercials :funny: I'm scared of going to see this with anyone I know, cause they are going to forever think i'm insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"