Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Cavill doesn't change after MOS comes out and he becomes more famous ( and wealthier I presume ).

a person's true character is often revealed once they attain some degree of power, fame, wealth, etc.

right now, Cavill seems like a genuinely polite, affable, nice guy ( everything a real Superman/Clark Kent should be ). hope he stays that way.

Last edited:
I hope Cavill doesn't change after MOS comes out and he becomes more famous ( and wealthier I presume ).

a person's true character is often revealed once they attain some degree of power, fame, wealth, etc.

right now, Cavill seems like a genuinely polite, affable, nice guy ( everything a real Superman/Clark Kent should be ). hope he stays that way.

Hopefully he will, seeing how he handles fans etc so far has be believing he will

lmao imagine hardy as tarzan

tarzan with a husky voice and layered with tats lolol

It's just a good performance for PR.

He knows how to play the game.

After MOS is a certified hit he can do stuff like this.

28thpa0.gif

tumblr_lzo5t1MA8N1qko4x4o1_500.gif
:pal:Don't tug on Cavill's cape, *****!!

It's also possible that he really is like that.

Unless you think that all actors are pricks. :woot:

I think it has more to do with the fact that WB expects him to represent Superman onscreen and off. Routh mentioned this in a recent interview. It also may affect the type of roles Cavill is allowed to take during his Superman contract.

We know he can pull off the Superman side of the character, at least physically from set pics. But I wonder if he will be albe to poll off the mild mannered reporter side of the character?

Hard to picture either Hardy or Cavill as Tarzan

Tarzan? Geez. I don't think anyone was clamoring for that.

And besides, does Cavill really want to follow in the footsteps of Christopher Lambert and Casper Van Dien?

If it's anything like the Disney version, it'd be awesome.

Holy S***! Lmao! I swear I'm psychic. I was just thinking not even three days ago it would be funny if they made a new Tarzan movie Hahahaha This is getting scary. Sorry, I'd go see this crap just out to cheer for the underdog. This is a lame movie to remake. :woot:

I am not sure I understand why many people would be interested in a Tarzan film? Would you guys see one?

I am not sure I understand why many people would be interested in a Tarzan film? Would you guys see one?
Would I pay to see one? Probably not. But a hot guy in a loincloth does have a certain appeal, ya know. :cwink:

I'd rather see a film-adaptation of the experiences of Marina Chapman who clamied to have lived in the jungle and having been raised by monkeys.

Other than that I think Greystoke did a fair job, so no, I guess the world doesnt really need a Tarzan-movie.

Yeah, Greystoke is actually pretty good. I think that might have been the high point in Lambert's career, if there was one. But I still have no desire to see a Tarzan remake.

I feel like his next couple of moves should lean more dramatic or indie. The Great Wall is a good start but has the potential of being a snoozer.

He needs to avoid the Sam Worthington route.

He needs to do something commercial as bad place next. Follow the Will Smith/Harrison Ford (in their prime) model.

He needs to do something commercial as bad place next. Follow the Will Smith/Harrison Ford (in their prime) model.

As long as it's good. Like I said, I'd hate to see him get a little trapped like Sam Worthington.

I guess Routh went the more indie route, but that may just be because he's not a great actor.

Last edited:

Why? To avoid being typecast or just not getting any parts at all?

As long as it's good. Like I said, I'd hate to see him get a little trapped like Sam Worthington.

I guess Routh went the more indie route, but that may just be because he's not a great actor.

Bingo.

I feel like Cavill could navigate those waters better and get high profile indies.

Yeah, you can build a great rep doing indies if A. you're a good actor and B. the movies themselves are good. People probably never would have taken Joseph Gordon Leavitt seriously as an actor if he hadn't done all those indie films after 3rd Rock from the Sun.

I think Cavill should try to do a mix of larger and smaller films. I'd hate to see him go the way of Worthington and try to only do a string of questionable mainstream action films. However, I also don't think he should do what Reeve did and turn down some really high-profile roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"