Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean he only does things because he's getting paid?!

What a ****ing ****e. :o

:oldrazz:

It's a refreshing change of pace from the tortured artists in Hollywood that pretend the money doesn't matter to them while they likely have a very high price tag.

What do you mean he's not superman in real life and is doing this just for the money!? :o

Henry telling it like it is!!

During an interview in the next upcoming issue of GQ magazine, they got the chance to catch up with Henry Cavill, who will star as the american icon Superman in the next upcoming Supes film Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder. When asking Cavill about how money plays a part of his job, he went on to state that it's the one of the most essential elements.

Haha, I love it! :D

Yes, and I love that it hasn't been spoiled, we have no idea how that's gonna play out.

The comic con footage of clark putting on the glasses and a jacket at the Daily Planet has left more questions than answers :woot:

About that pic on a Metropolis street, I'm not sure that's Cavill. I'm still going by the theory that the film ends with the cc footage or something, maybe we don't even get to see his face with the glasses, just look at the way that scene is filmed, the camera starts focusing on his bag and it lifts upwards as soon as the elevator doors close, it's intentionally avoiding his face with the glasses.

I warn you guys, If it ISN'T the end of the film, I am gonna be straight in here going 'See! SEE!!!!! I told you guys!' :hehe:

I warn you guys, If it ISN'T the end of the film, I am gonna be straight in here going 'See! SEE!!!!! I told you guys!' :hehe:

I will be too! I just feel like there is a chunk of the movie between when Clark finds the Fortress and puts on the suit and when Zod arrives in Smallville that we are missing. It is just too convenient that as soon as Clark accepts his role in life that the Kryptonians show up right then and there to give him a challenge. And yeah, having Clark go around interviewing people without the glasses and then put them on just as he gets to the Planet when everyone has seen Superman makes no sense especially for a movie that is supposed to be a grounded telling of the Superman myth.

What do you mean he's not superman in real life and is doing this just for the money!? :o
Superman doesn't need to pay rent or even eat (does he?). Cavill needs to put a roof over his head. :funny:

Also, if you insist on working for free, people will treat you like an unpaid intern instead of an in-demand professional. :oldrazz: Kind of how the real world works....

Henry telling it like it is!!

During an interview in the next upcoming issue of GQ magazine, they got the chance to catch up with Henry Cavill, who will star as the american icon Superman in the next upcoming Supes film Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder. When asking Cavill about how money plays a part of his job, he went on to state that it's the one of the most essential elements.

See, since he is Superman, he won't lie!

Regarding the whole Clark Kent putting on the glasses as the final shot of the film, it would be a great end, similar to the final, reminiscent of the closing elevator door final shot in Bladerunner.

But... I just can't see it, considering this was like the first footage they ever revealed. It would be like showing John Blake walking through the Batcave at the first Comic-Con trailer of footage ever shown of TDKR.

Regarding the whole Clark Kent putting on the glasses as the final shot of the film, it would be a great end, similar to the final, reminiscent of the closing elevator door final shot in Bladerunner.

But... I just can't see it, considering this was like the first footage they ever revealed. It would be like showing John Blake walking through the Batcave at the first Comic-Con trailer of footage ever shown of TDKR.

or showing batman pull out a joker card for the first footage of batman begins :yay:

If it wasn't for the images of Clark in those same Daily Planet clothes from the elevator scene interviewing people on the street, it be a good ending and make sense. But having Clark without glasses interviewing people after he saves the city as Superman is nonsensical. It reduces the ending to a cheap and manipulative twist - like Nolan inserting the shot of Batman in the cockpit right before the bomb goes off and then him showing up alive with the autopilot fixed, or Bond asking Moneypenny her name after they spend the movie working together. Something done for cheap thrills that doesn't make sense story-wise when you think about it.

Also, I just realized there is pretty much conclusive evidence that Clark in the elevator is not the film's final shot. That scene takes place in the official Daily Planet building with the fancy globe in the lobby and we all know that building gets destroyed. Remember the billboards for the the rebuilding of Metropolis and the logo for the Daily Planet Reconstruction Fund? It explains why we see Perry and "Jenny Olsen" running for their lives while a building collapses behind them. Perry isn't a field reporter. He wouldn't be on location. He is running because the Planet is being destroyed.

He didn't say he was doing it just for the money but he made a great point that you wouldn't do it for free.

Any mention of money from an actor or director = they're sellouts to fanboys.

I'm sure the fame & money factor is an appeal for all actors at some stage; very few are in acting purely for the love of the art. If that was the case, surely they would get much more satisfaction and 'respect' appearing in theatre runs quoting classical Shakespeare to rapturous audience applause than dressing up in superhero costumes or starring in very conventional rom-coms.

Very few celebs are honest about things like this, so it's refreshing to hear someone like Henry Cavill come out with a statement like that. The last time I heard someone being equally honest was when I read Arnold Schwarzenegger's book and he was quite open about his motivations- as much as he loved films and the film-making experience, he also wanted to be rich and successful.

I don't see anything wrong with saying it. We'd all like to be rich, if we could, so why not be honest? Him saying that money is a factor doesn't necessarily exclude his love for acting too - in fact, if you can get paid a lot of money to do something you love, you're in a very lucky position.

I like how he initially thought that he wasn't so Super. That's really Clark's mentality, that he's a person fortunate to have the ability to help others out, and not someone who "deserved" those powers.

If it wasn't for the images of Clark in those same Daily Planet clothes from the elevator scene interviewing people on the street, it be a good ending and make sense. But having Clark without glasses interviewing people after he saves the city as Superman is nonsensical. It reduces the ending to a cheap and manipulative twist - like Nolan inserting the shot of Batman in the cockpit right before the bomb goes off and then him showing up alive with the autopilot fixed, or Bond asking Moneypenny her name after they spend the movie working together. Something done for cheap thrills that doesn't make sense story-wise when you think about it.

Also, I just realized there is pretty much conclusive evidence that Clark in the elevator is not the film's final shot. That scene takes place in the official Daily Planet building with the fancy globe in the lobby and we all know that building gets destroyed. Remember the billboards for the the rebuilding of Metropolis and the logo for the Daily Planet Reconstruction Fund? It explains why we see Perry and "Jenny Olsen" running for their lives while a building collapses behind them. Perry isn't a field reporter. He wouldn't be on location. He is running because the Planet is being destroyed.
Agreed on all counts, but which images are you referring too? The ones with all the papers blown all over the street?

Yes, and I love that it hasn't been spoiled, we have no idea how that's gonna play out.

The comic con footage of clark putting on the glasses and a jacket at the Daily Planet has left more questions than answers :woot:

About that pic on a Metropolis street, I'm not sure that's Cavill. I'm still going by the theory that the film ends with the cc footage or something, maybe we don't even get to see his face with the glasses, just look at the way that scene is filmed, the camera starts focusing on his bag and it lifts upwards as soon as the elevator doors close, it's intentionally avoiding his face with the glasses.

I think its the ending too...

And if JL or WF is the sequel what a great way to avoid having to show how the glasses work :cwink:

I honestly didn't like the way Henry answered that question about money. He could have worded it better. But that guy needs to get off his soap box with all that money grabbing ****e stuff.

"Worded it better?"

The guy said absolutely nothing wrong and was dead on. Really, people?

"Worded it better?"

The guy said absolutely nothing wrong and was dead on. Really, people?

Yes, worded it better. I didn't say it was wrong. I said I didn't like it. It's just a matter of preference. For me personally, talking about money is somewhat taboo. It just the way we were raised in my family. Everyone wants it and more of it and some people have a lot of it. It's just a certain way to go about expressing it that is more humble and respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"