BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know in the book he was naked...fire burned his clothes off....I'm just saying. Zach wanted Superman in the real world, in the real world his pants wouldn't have survived the fire.
You know this will be impossible plasming in the big screen for the Rating of the movie and probably got censored :cwink:

You know in the book he was naked...fire burned his clothes off....I'm just saying. Zach wanted Superman in the real world, in the real world his pants wouldn't have survived the fire.

haha. Can you imagine what the men on the oil rig would think when a naked, hairy, muscular, burning beast-man came to rescue them?

I guess that's one reason supes needs his fire-proof suit.

tumblr_myuxos0mlQ1r2x5hgo1_500.jpg

speaking of hair styles... and hidden curls :D

Last edited:
You know this will be impossible plasming in the big screen for the Rating of the movie and probably got censored :cwink:

Or it would be too hard to film with a single camera ;)

Aha. Have the clothes from the clothesline block his lower half, then cut to a shot of pants being pulled over the ankle.

Now the plot makes sense, and women all over would be going frame-by-frame on the BluRay :funny:

Aha. Have the clothes from the clothesline block his lower half, then cut to a shot of pants being pulled over the ankle.

Now the plot makes sense, and women all over would be going frame-by-frame on the BluRay :funny:
:lmao:

Lol. I think Cavill showed enough of his body. I don't think he needed to show even more.

However, the finished scene in the film is truncated. What was originally shot was that he climbs up the oil rig wearing a wife beater. Then some scenes inside with him still wearing the wife beater. Then some oil falls on his top and the singlet burns away. Then him breaking the door shirtless and basically what the movie shows.

In the finished film, they show him directly shirtless climbing up the oil rig (implying he jumped into the ocean shirtless) and directly show the breaking the door. We know he shot scenes wearing the wife beater because there is behind the scenes video of it, product stills, set videos as well as Cavill talking about that scene in interviews but it is not there in the finished film!

Lol. I think Cavill showed enough of his body. I don't think he needed to show even more

In the next movie, he will show it all. Clark forgets to put the suit on under his clothes. There's a bank robbery, and he rips off his clothes and flies into action.

Daily Planet: "Bank robbery foiled by new superhero. Where was Superman? Say hello to the amazing Moon Man"

In the next movie, he will show it all. Clark forgets to put the suit on under his clothes. There's a bank robbery, and he rips off his clothes and flies into action.

Daily Planet: "Bank robbery foiled by new superhero. Where was Superman? Say hello to the amazing Moon Man"

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPERNUDIST!

Anaconda V: Snake in a Bank

I can just imagine the scene when he is holding up the oil rig and the camera pans down....all the women waiting for it to continue going down only for the scene to cut away. DAMNIT!!!

Just watching MOS for the second time. I'm struck by how perfectly cast he is. He seems to wear an aspect of melancholic patience in his face. I don't know whether it is technical skill or just genes, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

I can just imagine the scene when he is holding up the oil rig and the camera pans down....all the women waiting for it to continue going down only for the scene to cut away. DAMNIT!!!

You could still have a hiney shot. Logan did, for example, in Origins.

Anyone else find cocking eyebrows cheesy? I find it really cheesy.

Roger Moore used to do it all the time and it was very campy.

Of late Meryl Streep does it a lot and I feel like strangling her.

I think some people's eyebrows raise involuntarily, as a natural reaction to something somewhat cheeky, tongue-in-cheek or a little rude. My eyebrow does it all the time. If I'm being a bit ironic or something, sometimes my eyebrows will raise without me knowing. That's probably like Henry.

I think some people's eyebrows raise involuntarily, as a natural reaction to something somewhat cheeky, tongue-in-cheek or a little rude. My eyebrow does it all the time. If I'm being a bit ironic or something, sometimes my eyebrows will raise without me knowing. That's probably like Henry.
Makes sense. He might not be doing it on cue, its might just be his physiognomy.

Just watching MOS for the second time. I'm struck by how perfectly cast he is. He seems to wear an aspect of melancholic patience in his face. I don't know whether it is technical skill or just genes, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

I agree with all of this. It's perfect casting. He is Superman. His facial expressions are the best part about his acting.

2h76xbO.jpg

I think the plot didn't really allow for a lot of the natural warmth and charisma of Henry to shine through. I really can't think of another actor alive who can play the role like he did (when the script wasn't forcing him to make bad decisions or be in situations which gleeful optimism would be wrong-like when humans are at stake.).

I think the plot didn't really allow for a lot of the natural warmth and charisma of Henry to shine through. I really can't think of another actor alive who can play the role like he did (when the script wasn't forcing him to make bad decisions or be in situations which gleeful optimism would be wrong-like when humans are at stake.).

I do agree that the script didn't make full use of Henry. But he did so well even with a script that was lacking. I can only imagine how great he could be with better writing. I hope he's not wasted in BvsS. He can be so charismatic when allowed to be.

]I do agree that the script didn't make full use of Henry. But he did so well even with a script that was lacking. I can only imagine how great he could be with better writing.[/B] I hope he's not wasted in BvsS. He can be so charismatic when allowed to be.

Exactly. With Routh, I felt like he wasn't given the chance to shine, but he still didn't feel like he fit. With Cavill, there are more Superman-worthy scenes, but at the same time, I think the screenwriter (and director, though I think he was well-directed from an acting perspective, and was probably more involved with Henry than the other cast) just scratched the surface for his potential.

If the script is really good and Ben is as good as Henry was for Superman, we'll have a mindblowing experience at the cinema :yay:

I agree with all of this. It's perfect casting. He is Superman. His facial expressions are the best part about his acting.
Seconded. He represents in some scenes the charm of the good man superman is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"