BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. With Routh, I felt like he wasn't given the chance to shine, but he still didn't feel like he fit. With Cavill, there are more Superman-worthy scenes, but at the same time, I think the screenwriter (and director, though I think he was well-directed from an acting perspective, and was probably more involved with Henry than the other cast) just scratched the surface for his potential.

If the script is really good and Ben is as good as Henry was for Superman, we'll have a mindblowing experience at the cinema :yay:

I hope we see all sides of Superman. I want to see his calm and gentle side, his playful side, his commanding/authoritative side, and his badass side that only comes out when needed. I know Henry is capable of delivering all of these. I hope the script allows for each.

And I hope that Henry and Ben have the right chemistry to bounce off one another. Like you said, if they both work well in their roles, it will be magic.

tumblr_myouvgDtBY1rei3gfo1_250.gif
tumblr_myouvgDtBY1rei3gfo3_250.gif

tumblr_myouvgDtBY1rei3gfo4_250.gif
tumblr_myouvgDtBY1rei3gfo2_250.gif

I think Snyder and Cavill were both stuck in the cage of having to provide a comprehensive origin movie, and a conventional action adventure with three acts and satisfactory antagonists. The the same awkward balancing act probably prevented Batman Begins from being a better film. All the same, I find this Superman to be both sympathetic and compelling. Given that I am renowned as a pedantic, humourless, "naysayer"; that must be some kind of achievement.

Look at those nips! :atp:

TvLHkkI.jpg

tumblr_mwe91h1mLZ1rei3gfo1_r1_500.gif

SUPERMAN: (Thinking to himself while looking at Lois) I guess using X-Ray vision this one time wouldn't hurt....

^ Lol! I always wondered what he was doing with his eyes in that gif and now it has been explained.:oldrazz:

^ Lol! I always wondered what he was doing with his eyes in that gif and now it has been explained.:oldrazz:

Superman is so fast in getting away with things like this that he has to cool off his hands.:o:oldrazz::word:

tumblr_mq9d5c5nwS1ry8rcwo1_500.gif

I hope we see all sides of Superman. I want to see his calm and gentle side, his playful side, his commanding/authoritative side, and his badass side that only comes out when needed. I know Henry is capable of delivering all of these. I hope the script allows for each.

And I hope that Henry and Ben have the right chemistry to bounce off one another. Like you said, if they both work well in their roles, it will be magic.
Those were shown in MOS eventhought it wasn't Superman already Cavill played the troubled Clark/Kal finding his place and stablishing as Superman he showed some glances that Supes always had.
I do agreed with both you and Flamingcoco about expecting most of those aspects from Superman and not to mention the interacting aspects with characters such as Lois, Perry, Martha, Bruce.

Last edited:
^ The combination of Henry and the MOS suit make for a majestic Superman.

His phone is in his hands!

And... [BLACKOUT]Jack Reacher still sucks. [/BLACKOUT] :o

Well...it's his wallet. [BLACKOUT]As for Reacher, you take that back! That thing was freaking awesome. [/BLACKOUT]:o

If you're gonna quote Transformers, quote one of the Bay movies. :o

^ That smile. :hrt::hrt::hrt:

lol, that smile that some people claim never happened in this dark, gritty movie in which Superman was Batmanized.

^ That smile. :hrt::hrt::hrt:

lol, that smile that some people claim never happened in this dark, gritty movie in which Superman was Batmanized.

Honestly, prior to Henry being announced for the role, I always felt that whoever played Superman needed to to have the ability to emit "the right smile" for the character.

I think it goes without saying that Superman, as a character, is somewhat well known for giving out a unique smile that is capable of assuring people that they're going to be safe while letting them know that he is not their enemy or there to harm then.

I can't think of many actors that fit the physical qualities for Superman while being able to give off that type of Smile, so I was glad that Henry nailed it in all areas.

Some say that any actor could have pulled off this role, but I disagree. A person has definitely got to have the "IT" factor in their face and the way they carry themselves in the role in order to be "right" for it imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"