Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Cavill they're going for a tougher Superman and maybe a more manly Superman.

Routh looked so young in the role, maybe they want a MAN this time around, not a boy.

His hair looks alright to me, it'd be better if it wasn't so curly though.

This looks like Superman to me. And as for a "bad ass" Superman, go look for a Marvelized rip-off version of Superman (Sentry is one) for that "interpretation."

brandonvq.jpg

tumblr_l52lzxJrra1qagzoao1_400.jpg
This is bad ass Superman. Routh was not this....By a mile.

Routh has some weird almost droopy old man pecs... do some push ups, man.

No wonder his chest looked thin in SR.

Superman-Returns.jpg

and great use of a pic several years after returns lol

thats like me using his as a proof why cavill does'nt look manly lol
twilight-henry-cavill.jpg

Hmmm? What's that?

This is a Henry Cavill IS Superman thread, you say? Why yes, we shouldn't turn this into a "Cavill V. Routh" argument. Yes, I agree. Getting back to the subject of said thread is the better idea.

I agree... let's stick to Cavill. I just couldn't let him go undefended. :D

Cavill IS the JIM LEE Supes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought Cavill looked like Jose Luis Garcia Lopez's Superman... can't find anything good on Google image though.

edit: Found one

Superman-Comic-Cartoon-Photos-375x300.jpg

Anyway, has any interviewer or journalist gotten a chance to speak to Cavill since the costume was revealed??
I'd love to know what his reaction was.

Any actor who play superman, if doesn´t have the classic hair superman style with the S curl, is not suerman for me, just a person with a costume.

I hope snyder give to Cavill the classical hair style.

I'm fine with the hair he's rocking right now. Seems to look good to me

Any actor who play superman, if doesn´t have the classic hair superman style with the S curl, is not suerman for me, just a person with a costume.

Not to sound mean dude, but that's a pretty shallow way of thinking.
Is the curl the definable trait of the character?
If there's a panel in the comic books where Superman doesn't have a curl, do you lose interest? He isn't Superman because of the curl in his hair.

I would say Cavill looks like Lee Bermejo's as well

superman.jpg
500full.jpg
These two are Superman just as much as Routh or Reeve.

I understand what you're saying. George is the man but please don't include Dean Caine in this sort of discussion. Worst Superman ever and I'd love to airbrush him from history.

I understand what you're saying. George is the man but please don't include Dean Caine in this sort of discussion. Worst Superman ever and I'd love to airbrush him from history.
Stop drinking the
aussie-haterade.gif
. Cain is the man.

i want him to have the curl, but not that type of hairstyle. there's a reason they're rebooting this franchise and starting from scratch and it's because they're trying to establish themselves from the Donner-verse. plus, no one wears their hair like that anymore. if they're going to incorporate the curl it should be so that the hair flows naturally into the curl, like this...

1srmanip.jpg

i want him to have the curl, but not that type of hairstyle. there's a reason they're rebooting this franchise and starting from scratch and it's because they're trying to establish themselves from the Donner-verse. plus, no one wears their hair like that anymore. if they're going to incorporate the curl it should be so that the hair flows naturally into the curl, like this...

Seems to me, they aren't stepping that far away from it

1srmanip.jpg

Must admit the hair hasn't really bothered me at all.....but THIS manip of the do is AWESOME!

New pic of HC as Clark/Superman
(Not sure if this has been posted already.)

33337L.jpg

1srmanip.jpg
That's one of the best manips I've ever seen. The curl should come from his hair falling over his forehead when he's up to super stuff, not look like it's cemented there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"