Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, no 'S' on the cape, no trunks and different hair colour is going to ruin a movie? That makes sense.

The movie's only been a few weeks into filming of a very long shoot with a release date two years away. I'd say it's a tad soon to be writing it off based solely on what little's been shown right now.

I'm always amazed at how quickly fans write stuff off. Sometimes I wish all superhero fans had an unlimited amount of money and were allowed to make movies about their favorite characters. Then we'd get to see all of their brilliant ideas up on the big screen. I'm sure they'd all be SO much better than anything we've been getting lately.

i'm always amazed at how quickly fans write stuff off. Sometimes i wish all superhero fans had an unlimited amount of money and were allowed to make movies about their favorite characters. Then we'd get to see all of their brilliant ideas up on the big screen. I'm sure they'd all be so much better than anything we've been getting lately.
hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahna

It's gonna be ****in' awesome. I have no doubt.

This comment will not get any negative reviews.

Fake Cassidy said:
This movie is going to suck. I have no doubt.

This comment will get people jumping on the poster like a sumo wrestler.

----------------------

See. Some people are too negative. Some people are too positive. But, its cool to be positive, and fanboy-ish to be negative. It's okay to be blindly optimistic, and silly to be pessimistic. After all, we only have been into production for a few weeks now. So, we can't really tell either way. But, we can still be blindly supportive of everything Zack Snyder, and, that guy from Batman does. That's perfectly fine.

Note: Jake Cassidy, the post has nothing to do with you. Just illustrating a point. Nothing personal, professional, or otherwise to do with you in any way.

I said the same thing about Green Lantern, so what do I know? :woot:

Last edited:
I would have liked the \S/ on the cape but it isn't a deal breaker for me, however, the red of the cape in that picture looks pretty good. If as someone suggested it is a stand in for Henry, that cape might possibly be just for establishing how they frame certain shots etc. Sort of a real storyboard. It's more likely though that the cape is \S/less

Last edited:
I thought it was good. Way better than Thor and Captain America, imo. Did I want more? Yeah. But those negative reviews are definitely mind-blowing. I really dont understand all the hate. Hear the blu-ray comes with additional 14 mins. Should be good!

I thought it was good. Way better than Thor and Captain America, imo. Did I want more? Yeah. But those negative reviews are definitely mind-blowing. I really dont understand all the hate. Hear the blu-ray comes with additional 14 mins. Should be good!

Ditto I thought it was pretty good. I didn't understand all the hate.

I enjoyed it as well. If it's true about the 14 Extra minutes that'll be nice.

Enjoyed GL as well. :D

I'm cool with no trunks/S cape. I just want the movie to be amazing. Which I feel it will.

Optimism ftw.

I never cared much for the shield on the cape anyway. It kind of interferes with the flowing solid red that is the cape. It's bold and it's striking and should be kept solid.

This comment will not get any negative reviews.

This comment will get people jumping on the poster like a sumo wrestler.

----------------------

See. Some people are too negative. Some people are too positive. But, its cool to be positive, and fanboy-ish to be negative. It's okay to be blindly optimistic, and silly to be pessimistic. After all, we only have been into production for a few weeks now. So, we can't really tell either way. But, we can still be blindly supportive of everything Zack Snyder, and, that guy from Batman does. That's perfectly fine.

Note: Jake Cassidy, the post has nothing to do with you. Just illustrating a point. Nothing personal, professional, or otherwise to do with you in any way.

Good post.

Well, it sucks that the S won't be on the cape, but I'll get over it...

I wonder what the reasoning was for not having the S on the cape though. Is it too "silly?" is it too "redundant"? The CGI thing? I'd love to know.

Good post.

Well, it sucks that the S won't be on the cape, but I'll get over it...

I wonder what the reasoning was for not having the S on the cape though. Is it too "silly?" is it too "redundant"? The CGI thing? I'd love to know.

I think it might be because they went with a raised dimpled \S/ on the front of his costume. It might have been to difficult to get something that blends with that dimensional look on the cape, which is clearly a different material to the rest of the costume?? I did wonder after seeing the safe picture, how they would attach a dimensional \S/ on the cape and still have it wrinkle or pleat naturally. Well I think I got my answer!

Btw. It's more likely though that Snyder just didn't want it.

They'll probably just hardly ever going to show the back of his cape? Who knows but there could be some cool shots of Supes from the back...

I hope Henry Cavill lives up to the hype. I am sure he will though.

201108191026m.jpg

wow. the cape is really longggggggggg.
& the blue is really deep dark blue...

i'm ok with both.

Last edited:

Yeah, I enjoyed it more than Cap & Thor too...it had many flawes but in the end it was a very entertaining movie! Looking forward to the extended cut!

For Man of Steel I am very optimistic so far! Awesome cast, great director and cool costume...2013 can't come soon enough :awesome:

GL was garbage. It's prepostrous to think it was better than both Thor and Cap.

GL was garbage. It's prepostrous to think it was better than both Thor and Cap.

Why is it preposterous? People have different tastes...
And I wouldn't say that it was the better movie, but it was more entertaining and I enjoyed it more then the other two (which were really well done, but they didn't really catch me)...

I wouldn't question other people's taste, but GL was a train-wreck of a film in many respects.
I thought it was an awful film.
No flaw or dodgy detail took me out of Cap or Thor but I spent 90% of GL trying to figure out what the hell went on in production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"