BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you, Zach!? :cmad: Betray such a sweet bromance... :o

tumblr_n2d8jtvnct1ry8rcwo4_500.gif

Lol. I thought Snyder was just absently stroking Cavill's back in that gif. Now THAT would have have been bromantic.

Am I the only one who liked his hair in MOS? I thought Cavill looked fantastic and I for one would be okay if they did without the curl for the sequel.

I agree, couldn't care less about the curl. It's like the underwear - there's no need for it now. I would say totally get rid of it, but the fact that Cavill does seem to have a natural one pretty much all the time seems significant. I think they should flip it - give him the S curl for Clark, not Supes. That's when his hair should be like it is naturally, curly and kinda messy with the S. Then as Supes his hair can be tidier, like he's ready to do business...

I didn't mind his Supes hair in MoS, it maybe needed a slight cut in some scenes but I thought it looked fine on the whole. What was everyone's issue with it in the first place?? Apart from the fact that he doesn't have any hair cos he's lost it all due to his baldness and all that :o

A joke...about how he's cheating on Cav-El with Batfleck. :oldrazz:

Not always, but I've noticed that seems to be the most comfortable stance for him. I wonder if it has something to with...nevermind.

You ladies are filthy! Cavill just wanted to make a Superman movie and instead gets objectified. Poor devil.

You ladies are filthy! Cavill just wanted to make a Superman movie and instead gets objectified. Poor devil.
I have no idea what you're on about. How rude of you to level such an accusation at me. Well, I never... :o

I still like this hair for superman. It's different than his Clark hair, but isn't as slick as his MOS hair. It could easily fall into a curl without looking contrived.

cmBGqAP.jpg

I think want his curly hair for Clark. I liked the slicked look, though that's not to say I wouldn't mind the curl. I just thought his hair worked for MOS as Superman.

maybe he is having the receding hair problem? it's about time for most man :p

45WW0wy.gif

I agree with all of this. Like you said, some of the story choices in MOS were flawed, but you can't blame Cavill for that. To me, he still embodied Superman with his performance. He had a real presence as Superman, which is something I hadn't seen since the Christopher Reeve films. Can't wait to see what he does in Superman/Batman. Even though I'm excited to see Batman, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Cyborg, etc., I'm still more excited about seeing more Cav-El and Amy Adams.

Cavill was awesome as Superman. :up: He made the movie bearable and did the best he could with what he was given. He definitely embodied Superman in spite of the writers, and will be excellent if the filmmakers allow him.

The issue with MOS was far from the cast. The cast was perfect for that movie and one of the greatest casts in a movie. Any issues with MOS (amd there are many) lie squarely with Zack Snyder and David Goyer, none anywhere near the cast. Period.

Did you look at the behind the scenes. Routh was a big dude. Some of the costumes test really showed it off. The issue was the suit. The small S elongated his chest so it made his biceps look small. The collar going up to his next did the same thing.

I mean hell the suit on the dummy has the same damn problem. It's not the man. Cavil would look small in it.

Then the material rendered all the training moot because it constricted the muscle.

But put Routh next to a person, he seem to grow 2 sizes.

Now man of still though corrected all these issues.

The S is gigantic and made his chest seem huge by making him seem stockier. There is no color and the cape connects and sits on the same level which squares up his torso. They did this for all the Kryptonian suits.

Then the biggest thing is they followed the Spider-man route. The padded the suit but padded it in a way that seemed to naturally follow the curves of the actors body. It also has better textures that help bring out all that definition.

Honestly it is the Raimi Spider-man suit in Man of steel form. All that definition is not seen in the Webb version but it get's a pass because people like lanky Spider-man. But even when Maguire wasn't as big he still made the suit work because of the built in definition.

If Routh had the damn suit ...................

And we are also seeing the same philosophy in the Batman suit. Though I think they are being a tad bit more subtle.

But overall they have nearly touched perfection and they are working out the kinks.

Routh was absolutely a big dude during SR, I agree. I never got how people said he was small. It was the damn suit they had him wear that was wrong for his body type.

maybe he is having the receding hair problem? it's about time for most man :p

I still say bulls**t on that. I don't see his hair receding in any way. He doesn't seem to be losing it at all, he has the same hairline he's always had. I honestly don't know where this criticism is even coming from, maybe it's from people who don't see other people much? Idk....I just don't get it.

That gif is incredible. THAT is Superman. The colors, the cape, and the "S" shield. Superman. The "S" really looks great there. These are how I want the colors to look in the new movie.

I really hope we get a shirt rip scene in the new movie. Just one. That's all I ask. Don't care about Eisenberg, Batfleck, or Gadot. Just one Clark to Superman. That will make my day and I'll have the biggest damn smile for days after leaving the cinema.

With it being Zack Synder who is really well known for taking something from the comics and putting it literally panel for panel onto the big screen, I was convinced we would get a shirt rip in MoS. From the trailers before the film was released, you could tell the film would be his first day on the job, so I thought the film would end on a shirt rip as he begins day 2 on the job.

No doubt about it though, we'll get one in BvS:DoJ. And goosebumps will ensue.

I still like this hair for superman. It's different than his Clark hair, but isn't as slick as his MOS hair. It could easily fall into a curl without looking contrived.

cmBGqAP.jpg

I would love this... and only this:

Henry-Cavill-by-Mariano-Vivanco-for-InStyle-June-2013-3.jpg

That's awesome Superman hair right there. He actually looks like someone who spends his day flying... but is also effortlessly elegant. :oldrazz:

I really hope we get a shirt rip scene in the new movie. Just one. That's all I ask. Don't care about Eisenberg, Batfleck, or Gadot. Just one Clark to Superman. That will make my day and I'll have the biggest damn smile for days after leaving the cinema.

You should look a little more closely. It's definitely higher than how it was on The Tudors. It's not a dealbreaker yet, though.

How could you, Zach!? :cmad: Betray such a sweet bromance... :o

tumblr_n2d8jtvnct1ry8rcwo5_500.gif

For batman v superman, we should have a group hug between zack, wonder woman, batman, and superman.

Awww....I love them both...made me smile....that must have been the last take or something?

yes, it was the final day of shooting and final take of the day.

Cavill like most men, knows how to style his own hair better than the person that cuts it.

I would love this... and only this:

Henry-Cavill-by-Mariano-Vivanco-for-InStyle-June-2013-3.jpg

That's awesome Superman hair right there. He actually looks like someone who spends his day flying... but is also effortlessly elegant. :oldrazz:

He does look great in that photo. I'd prefer his supes hair to be a bit shorter in the back though.

45WW0wy.gif

I agree with all of this. Like you said, some of the story choices in MOS were flawed, but you can't blame Cavill for that. To me, he still embodied Superman with his performance. He had a real presence as Superman, which is something I hadn't seen since the Christopher Reeve films. Can't wait to see what he does in Superman/Batman. Even though I'm excited to see Batman, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Cyborg, etc., I'm still more excited about seeing more Cav-El and Amy Adams.

:up: yeah, same here. Henry Cavill was definitely my favorite thing about the movie. I can't wait to see what happens to Supes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"