Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up

Logan had a decent amount of humor in it. I recall that being one of the things people really liked about it.

Logan had a decent amount of humor in it. I recall that being one of the things people really liked about it.
Logan has about as much humor as TDK does. The comedy in TDKT is overlooked, but it's definitely there.

Logan was a bookend to a series which gave it the freedom to do whatever and was geared towards adults from the start not kids. MOS and BvS were geared towards both but really is for teens/adults.

It doesn't matter what it was a bookend to. If its a bad movie, then its a bad movie. What series its following is irrelevant. E.g. Spider-Man 3 didn't get a free pass because it was a bookend to the popular first two Raimi movies. Logan was a great movie. The DCEU movies have predominantly not been.

Who the movies are geared towards doesn't matter (btw you're kidding yourself if you think kids didn't go see Logan). If they're good movies people will like them. Simple as that.

Last edited:
TDK was actually about to get an R rating. Nolan had to edit some stuff for the PG-13 rating.

It doesn't matter what it was a bookend to. If its a bad movie, then its a bad movie. What series its following is irrelevant. E.g. Spider-Man 3 didn't get a free pass because it was a bookend to the popular first two Raimi movies. Logan was a great movie. The DCEU movies have predominantly not been.

Who the movies are geared towards doesn't matter (btw you're kidding yourself if you think kids didn't go see Logan). If they're good movies people will like them. Simple as that.

Am I missing something, I thought R rating was the British equivalent of an '18' rated film? The Dark Knight was rated 12A here, which basically means 12 year olds can see it & kids under 12 can see if it accompanied by an adult. Whereas in comparison, Logan got a 15 rating here, so there was no kids in seeing Logan at all as even if accompanied by an adult, a 14 year old couldn't see it.

TDK was a LONG way off getting an '18' here, usually to get an 18 there would need to be extreme violence, bloody/gruesome murders & usually what takes things across the finish line from 15 to 18 rated in the UK, is a sex scene.

12A is the magic rating here because if you've any kids under that age that want to see the film, in theory you basically double your ticket sales because the kid has to go plus an adult. So if you gear your film a little more towards adults & it overshoots the rating, it can matter in regards to ticket sales.. at least in regards to the UK ratings.

An R Rating in the US is basically just a guideline. Theaters pretty much don't care and just let in anybody as long as they pay. I saw Rated R movies in the theater all of the time as a kid and when I personally saw Logan it was filled with kids under 10.

If I was Zack I would have politely stepped down from BvS and maybe stayed around as a producer or something, and develop MoS 2 while WB pick another director. I mean if BvS still turned out divisive he'd probably still get blamed. But hey, at least he wouldn't get the total blame.

WB should have parted ways with Snyder after BvS after they weren’t happy with the critical and commercial response to MOS. I think from that point it was still salvageable. The issue without WB is they were too damn impatient.

Cavill was good at Superman but had his faults too but who doesn't. He may not be as good as Cain or Reeve but he pulled it off well. If the movie was lighter tone, new villain, red shorts, better director, brighter costume, and written better instead of dark, edgy, all in all, Cavil was good in the role but there are other good actors to play him in movies like Tyler Hoechlin or someone like him. I don't have much bad things to say about Cavill but the movies could of been better, Snyder is terrible at directing comic movies and shouldn't anymore.

I'm hoping -rather foolishly- that with Aquaman being a big success(at least in china so far) that WB will relent and make Superman 2 with Cavill-but with a strict 200 million dollar budget-and the villian must be anyone but Lex. Too much Lex is boring.

That Superman horror film "BrightBurn" looks awesome but I can't help but wonder if the whole thing will fall a little flat since we've just seen a series of dark, dour movies where Superman kills people lol.

We havent seen a creepy superman viciously murder people as a child. That's different enough to not be the dceu where superman killed one bad guy (twice) lol.

Itd be hilarious if they started a universe of serious parody style movies based on DC characters. Like if they did batman but he murders his own parents and hes an actual creature of the night.

Last edited:
Haha yeah, I like that idea. You could also do the Flash, only have him be a psychopath who was in police custody and was attempting to escape through the crime lab when it got hit by the lightning bolt. So then he goes around murdering people at supersonic speeds.

I mean, such a universe would essentially be the Crime Syndicate brought to life on film, but we'll probably never see them anyway so Gunn & Co. should just do it.

We havent seen a creepy superman viciously murder people as a child. That differennt enough to not be the dceu where superman killed one bad guy (twice) lol.

Itd be hilarious if they started a universe of serious parody style movies based on DC characters. Like if they did batman but he murders his own parents and hes an actual creature of the night.

Who did Superman kill twice? :wow:

Don't forget the guy through the brick wall in the village.....

I think people just forgot about him. But he’s more than likely dead.

People forgot about the African warlord around here? News to me. That gets brought up all the time, despite Clark telling Lois and there by the audience that he didn't kill anyone in Africa. Interesting that this is a given despite that and nothing will change some folks mind... But bring up the recklessness of Bale's Batman in say running over cop cars with a tank or opening fire on a parking lot where we are clearly shown there are people... That's not fair, for... Reasons. Reasons that often include "It's a movie man... Don't take it so seriously. Just accept that nobody was harmed and let it go."

Well... Supes stated to the audience that he didn't kill anyone in Africa. Why not apply the standard that obviously allows Bale to run rampant in a chase that would have by any measure included a fork ton of casualties?

I haven’t heard anyone mention the guy since 2016.

Anyway, I did a quick Google search to contextualize the quote you provided, because I remember multiple people explaining why it didn’t cover the people who Superman had actually been accused/suspected of killing by the government in-universe (AKA pretty much everyone else in that village) and I found a Vero post from Snyder claiming that the guy wasn’t dead, but was “no longer a problem.” Whatever that means. But anyway, there you go.

Your Bale comparison doesn’t work because, unless I’m remembering it wrong, Alfred pretty unambiguously states that Bruce didn’t kill anyone and he was chastised for his recklessness. EDIT: Whoops, sorry, thought you were only referring to BB.

Jason Mamoa said in an interview last night at Aquaman premiere that he just talked to Cavill and he is still playing Superman. If you google mamoa cavill you will see several breaking articles that have come out in last hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"