The Winter Soldier Henry Jackman to score Captain America: The Winter Solider?

I really like the the score, there's nothing 'holy ****' memorable about it theme wise, but in terms of pure mood music, it's great.

I really like the 'The Smithsonian' sample because it has a slight Spielbergian John Williams feel to it when you listen to it.

I LOVE the Winter Soldier music though, very eerie, menacing and twisted and I love the addition of wind/snow sounds at the start of the sample which fits the Winter Soldier name.

As for the 'Captain America' sample, it is 9 minutes long and you can only listen to 30 seconds, so I think I need to listen to longer samples to see if there is a theme for Cap.

I am curious about the last two though 'Its Been a Long, Long Time' by Harry James and 'Trouble Man' by Marvin Gaye because they sound like something Steve Rogers would listen too on the radio or something so I am curious if these are end credit songs or if they play in a scene in the film?

Last edited:
Someone who saw the first 10 minutes says that
the Captain America theme from the first movie is referenced in the score.

Im really digging what I am able to hear, you can hear some extended score in the world premier replay as well, before the actual live stream starts.

Someone who saw the first 10 minutes says that
the Captain America theme from the first movie is referenced in the score.

I'm going to try not to get my hopes up for that lol.

I'm going to try not to get my hopes up for that lol.

It's true! :yay: I watched the 10 minutes from the spanish TV and the actual theme from the first film is played for a full 30 seconds when Steve is on his morning run and he keeps outrunning Sam Wilson and Steve keeps saying "On your left!". That is the first opening scene of the film before the whole SHIELD boat/Batroc scene.

And by the way... some of the action in that boat scene "holy ****" its good, it's the best fight/hand to hand choreography of any Marvel film just from that scene and it shows how edited down that 4 minute clip is because there is A LOT of action missing from that clip.

Last edited:
It's true! :yay: I watched the 10 minutes from the spanish TV and the actual theme from the first film is played for a full 30 seconds when Steve is on his morning run and he keeps outrunning Sam Wilson and Steve keeps saying "On your left!". That is the first opening scene of the film before the whole SHIELD boat/Batroc scene.

And by the way... some of the action in that boat scene "holy ****" its good, it's the best fight/hand to hand choreography of any Marvel film just from that scene and it shows how edited down that 4 minute clip is because there is A LOT of action missing from that clip.

I just shed a manly tear O_O

In the "Time to Suit Up" piece, I could imagine that music playing then Steve looks up giving a slight grin and then the camera pans up to the old replica costume while the Cap theme from CA:TFA plays. Goosebumps.

It's out on Amazon UK now.

Just so you know, the music during Cap taking out the guards on the ship in the 4-minute preview/first 10 minutes is Cap's new theme. And the 9-minute suite in the OST is his theme - that particular version of it is VERY dark...definitely a 180 from Silvestri's heroic theme IMO.

Overall, feels very reminiscent of Daft Punk's TRON/Trapanese & Gonzalez's Oblivion OST with the electronica emphasis.

Last edited:
I am curious about the last two though 'Its Been a Long, Long Time' by Harry James and 'Trouble Man' by Marvin Gaye because they sound like something Steve Rogers would listen too on the radio or something so I am curious if these are end credit songs or if they play in a scene in the film?

It's Been A Long, Long Time is a classic song from wartime, with lyrics that refer to reunited lovers as many couples were separated for years when the troops went to war. "Kiss me once/Then kiss me twice/Then kiss me once again/It's been a long, long time...." It's a song I can imagine playing when Steve & Peggy are reunited. :waa:

[YT]JYvONFHI2xw[/YT]

Trouble Man is an action film from the 1970s, with a justly famed soundtrack by Marvin Gaye. I'm fairly sure that the main theme hit #1 in the US. There were many great soundtracks from Black films of the period. Sam chose a somewhat surprising one, as Shaft would have been the obvious choice. But Trouble Man kind of suits the Falcon.

[YT]Usl-h5f-8W0[/YT]

I've been listening to the soundtrack for most of the day and 'The Winter Soldier' track is utterly terrifying.

There's parts of it that sound so damn evil, like someone screaming.

I've been listening to the soundtrack for most of the day and 'The Winter Soldier' track is utterly terrifying.

Where is possible listen the soundtrack?

I think some folks have found it on Spotify.

StarLord, what is the 18. Captain America like on the score because it is 9 minutes and we have only heard 30 seconds of it?

StarLord, what is the 18. Captain America like on the score because it is 9 minutes and we have only heard 30 seconds of it?

It's pretty damn epic.

A lot of these tracks have a big industrial/modern sound, including 'Captain America'.

I have to say, this is definitely my favourite Marvel soundtrack so far.

I'm listening to it now. I love "The Winter Soldier" and "The Causeway". I'm definitely gonna purchase the whole thing when it gets released in the U.S. :yay:

Someone posted a link, but none of the tracks work except the last 2 which probably work because those songs are on spotify already lol

Someone posted a link, but none of the tracks work except the last 2 which probably work because those songs are on spotify already lol
I found the link and see that. Sucks that it's not on.

Yeah, I don't know if it was working earlier and then they pulled it (like it was a mistake that it went live…) but I can only pull up the Marvin Gaye and IT'S BEEN A LONG LONG TIME.

I actually found the songs on vk.com from a friend who linked it to me. But I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to post the link here...

Okay, I finally found it…

'Winter Soldier' sounds like Sigur Ros. In an absolutely perfect, great way. B/c if I had to pick a band to represent WS, it'd sure as hell either be NIN or Sigur Ros.

"Captain America" is a ridiculously epic track. This movie will blow me away.

So, for those who heard the score, thoughts? It's been receiving a ton of negativity, apparently. I like it more than Silvestri's (still great!) effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"