The Winter Soldier Henry Jackman to score Captain America: The Winter Solider?

"Captain America" reminds me very much of "A Dark Knight" from their respective soundtracks. Appropriate considering some were stating this is TDK of the MCU.

Which is amazing because I remember hearing about the Russo's thinking "....really? Those guys?"

Now it's like....those guys! :D

"Captain America" reminds me very much of "A Dark Knight" from their respective soundtracks. Appropriate considering some were stating this is TDK of the MCU.

So I guess we can expect Steve to fake his death at the end of the third Captain America film, with everyone believing him to be dead.....as we roll into a montage where Bucky inherits his Shield and where Fury spots Steve having lunch with Sharon at a restaurant in Florence. :o

So I guess we can expect Steve to fake his death at the end of the third Captain America film, with everyone believing him to be dead.....as we roll into a montage where Bucky inherits his Shield and where Fury spots Steve having lunch with Sharon at a restaurant in Florence. :o

LOL ! :woot: Reading this was so funny ! It's so great reading so much good things about this score after the first few negatives reactions !

Last edited:
A negative review of Jackman's score. "No Stars" out of 5 stars. Ouch!!!
http://www.movie-wave.net/captain-america-the-winter-soldier/

I'll give my thoughts on the score whenever I see the movie. I've been intentionally avoiding tv spots, clips and sound clips.

That seems... extreme for an album that's competent if not wholly original. 0/5 seems the sort of rating you'd give to a score that uses nothing but kazoos and armpit farts.

But I am even less of a music critic than I am a film critic so wtf do I know.

A negative review of Jackman's score. "No Stars" out of 5 stars. Ouch!!!
http://www.movie-wave.net/captain-america-the-winter-soldier/

I'll give my thoughts on the score whenever I see the movie. I've been intentionally avoiding tv spots, clips and sound clips.
That was a waste of time reading a guy rant and rave over a movie score and then proceeds to give it a 0/5 when it's not the worst score ever. Sounds a bit stuck-up if you ask me and I'd call him a feminine hygiene product and the bag it comes in.

Boy I hope the music works better in the film, because on its own....it's just dreadful. The "Winter Soldier" track just sounds like a bunch of random noise, there's not even an interesting recurring theme. Awful stuff.

LOL The Winter Soldier is by far and away my favorite on the track, next to End of the Line.

I keep describing Winter Soldier as Sigur Ros and NIN having a little technobaby. There are parts of it that totally sounds like my favorite Icelandic band!

Different strokes, I guess.

LOL The Winter Soldier is by far and away my favorite on the track, next to End of the Line.

I keep describing Winter Soldier as Sigur Ros and NIN having a little technobaby. There are parts of it that totally sounds like my favorite Icelandic band!

Different strokes, I guess.

I'm right and you're not :o

9cqBC8B.jpg

Boy I hope the music works better in the film, because on its own....it's just dreadful. The "Winter Soldier" track just sounds like a bunch of random noise, there's not even an interesting recurring theme. Awful stuff.
I kind of agree on the soundtrack as a whole, but I totally disagree on "The Winter Soldier" track. That may be my favorite track on the album, as it's very Reznor-esque. The rest of the album is fairly bland and forgettable to me, though. Even moreso than most MCU scores which I usually find to be merely decent. Who knows, though, it could still complement the movie well.

I think the action material is good, but the softer moments are where Jackman really shines on this album.

It's real funny because I think this is the best soundtrack for a Marvel movie so far.

i finally got a chance to listen to the "Captain America" soundtrack from Jackman's list, and I gotta say that I was impressed with it, especially from the duration that starts at the 7 Minute Mark.

The part that really stuck out to me in the track was the "operatic" chorus sound near the end...made the damn thing feel so epic.

I also got a chance to hear the full "Captain America" track and sample bits of the rest. I love it. It has an almost retro/nostalgic effect for me. In the same way how Silvestri's score for the first film was a throwback to old school classic adventure theme along the lines of Indiana Jones, Jackman's score feels like a throwback to '80s sci-fi action/adveture/thriller. I'm thinking stuff like The Terminator or in general that kinda James Cameron action epic kinda sound. Or at least that's just what it evokes for me.

I love how at times it feels like something from an old school video game and also the bits that get kinda celestial/ethereal. Even though Jackman's theme is 180 degrees different from Silvestri's, for me both evoke that old school retro feel, although both different eras, both different kinda classic sound, or sound from another time that for me makes it sound timeless.

Man, the critics really don't like the sound Jackman gave this movie. I've listened to enough of the score to think while not completely original or noteworthy, I think it'll serve it's purpose to accompany what's going on in the film. I don't think a score necessarily has to work by itself to be okay.

It's not supposed to. Scores aren't written for soundtracks, it's to accompany a film, which I'm sure this will. Jackman hasn't failed me yet, so we'll see if it works on film.

It's not supposed to. Scores aren't written for soundtracks, it's to accompany a film, which I'm sure this will. Jackman hasn't failed me yet, so we'll see if it works on film.
And these reviews are judging it as a soundtrack and not in context with the film. I just don't get the hate for the score, as I think it sounds like it fits in perfectly with a modern political thriller.

And these reviews are judging it as a soundtrack and not in context with the film . I just don't get the hate for the score, as I think it sounds like it fits in perfectly with a modern political thriller.

I agree . This score is underrated IMO and I absolutely love the contrast between TFA's Score and TWS' score . They are both good scores and you've gotta admit Jackman delivered a solid one . The Winter Soldier theme is simply wonderful and my favorite one ! Just like the Cap's theme which is really imposing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"